Smicer & biscan next

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:25 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:How can we get rid of Traore the "next Lilian Thuram"? if we let him go he'll be metamorphosing into another Thuram in his next club after he spent all of the initial process in our club. Don't let any other club take this great phenomenon away from us!  :D

Scarry ain't it, we will be letting go the next Thuram, the future Zidane, the up and coming Viera and a wonderful "Brazilian" wonderkid in one off season :D

I am so depressed. I better go watch my son play in the Under-7 league. I have a sneeky feeling he will be the next Ronaldo.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:31 pm

Sean wrote:If the potential candidates heard they'd have to work with the players currently available and not be allowed buy.....we'd never find a manager.

Of course not. We might still get Glenn Hoddle. I've heard he will bringing along his faith healer to replace Phil Thompson. :D That should work wonder with the likes of Diouf and Cheyrou and get rid of the most unnatural goalscorer Owen.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:32 pm

Sean wrote:It's good to hear Otsemobor mentioned, cause I think he did well in the few games he played for us last year.  Hopefully he will get a run.  Biscan, Diouf, Diao and Traore must go as soon as possible, but I think Cheyrou should be given a chance.  He suffered in the last few years because he always expected to be subed or dropped but I just feel he could still emerge as decent player if given a decent chance.

Sean

fully agree with you on Cheyrou and Otsemobor as these two will prove to be good players once they are given runs in the side. And as you say the rest packed off to who ever is willing to take them.

I feel sorry for smicer as he has got talent but he is so hot and cold even in the same match he is inconsistant.He will play fantasticly well then after a while just dissapear as if not even on the pitch.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:54 pm

i agree, keep Cheyrou as a squad player but the rest have to go.  In fact, i'll pay for Biscan's flight myself if it meant him going ASAP
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:40 pm

i don't agree with that stu, the team that houllier assembled needs to be added to, we're not too far away but we need more quality to cover for injuries that way we can maybe close the gap on arsenal, theres no way i could go on another season with the players we have
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:08 pm

smicer has had every chance to prove what an under acheiver he his.  houllier gave us every excuse possible. well biscan should pack the game in. i do like what ive seen of otsemobor showed some good form that houllier pawned him out to bolton typical. cheryou diouf diao meaningless signings
fritzylfc

Postby JBG » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:54 pm

Traore will almost certainly join West Brom within 72 hours of Rick Parry returning from his holiday, whilst Smicer, Hamman and Dudek are considering offers to leave Liverpool.

PSV have allegedly approached Jerzy Dudek in the wake of Gerard Houllier's sacking, but Dudek is keeping his powder dry until the new manager is installed. If Benetiz is appointed its almost certain that he will bring Canizarez with him, and Dudek will surely then be sold in those circumstances.

Hamman has admitted that he might return to Bayern Munich this summer.

According to Skysports.com, Lens have announced that they will make a move for Smicer in the very near future and will likely succeed in bringing him back to France.

Elsewhere I can see Marcus Babbel returning to Germany and possibly Stephane Henchoz also moving.

In all I'd say we will have 5-7 departures of first team players in the summer and about 4 or 5 new signings.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:58 pm

To be fair, Hamman's best years are behind him, so if we could get 4 million then it would be a good deal
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion