Sky sports under fire for "anti liverpool fc bias" - Its about time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Andy Gray wants nutting.

With one of these:

British police officers should wear scary helmets like that when dealing with chavs.

See, Manhattan is an expert at unlocking the mysteries of the human mind.

My theory is there would be less crime if the cops actually looked intimidating, rather than the "glow-in-the-dark" lollipop ladies they look like today.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:12 am

Just the power to give them a slapping would be enough.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:49 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Just the power to give them a slapping would be enough.

that power pretty much went out the window when they started putting cctv everywhere
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:54 am

Yep.

This country's a sh*thouse.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:13 am

Kharhaz wrote:Listen closely to the beginning of this link.

Liverpool v Chelsea

If you add ITV to the list of "I HATE LIVERPOOL WINNING" then it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out LFC are bad for there business ! The problem is LFC, as we supporters know, we are as unpredictable as the weather, unfortunately for the theses "experts" so is there judgement.

Andy Gray cannot be punished solely, ITV and the BBC are also in line. When was the last match on MOTD in which LFC was shown first?

what am i supposed to hearing , all i heard is , u can see how much taller petr cech is then reina
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:32 am

I love it when Andy Gray is on and we win.

I remember SG late goal against olympiacas in 2005 and he's forced "get in you beauty" through clenced teeth.

hilarious :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Liverpool v Chelsea

If you add ITV to the list of "I HATE LIVERPOOL WINNING" then it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out LFC are bad for there business ! The problem is LFC, as we supporters know, we are as unpredictable as the weather, unfortunately for the theses "experts" so is there judgement.

Andy Gray cannot be punished solely, ITV and the BBC are also in line. When was the last match on MOTD in which LFC was shown first?

You ask when was the last time we were shown first on MOTD. Aside from playing the big four, the last time was when we were top of the league.

MOTD tends to show the title challengers first unless its soem 11 goal thriller like Pompey/Spur vs Reading.
Yari7

Postby taff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Liverpool v Chelsea

What offence can you possibly take from this
Sorry mate but I just dont hear anything bad against us, either you can hear something I cant or this is paranoia
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:29 pm

taff wrote:

Liverpool v Chelsea

Sorry mate but I just dont hear anything bad against us, either you can hear something I cant or this is paranoia

Have to agree with Taff, if anything the commentator was just pointing out  how successful we'd been in penalty shoot outs .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:39 pm

I wont be boycotting sky or anything but this season things have been getting on my nerves alot more.
Keys with his constant snide comments before and after matches.
The smug look on faces when we lose a game or concede a goal.
I dont think anyone is being paranoid, too many people in broadcasting are not happy when we win.
Now obviously that doesnt affect players or our ability to win trophies but it can be annoying as f'ck watching a game and hearing utter biased rubbish coming out from the commentator.
If i am watching any other sky game than ours i think the coverage is very good, then when we play there always seems to be a little dig.
The way that bell end after winning in the san siro started asking Rafa stupid questions not once congratulating him or us was nothing short of a disgrace.
There we are through to the last eight of the champions league after winning home and away against a side the whole of the media tipped us to lose, and still he gets asked about leaving Torres out in August. If i was Rafa then i would of just walked off ended the interview and gone back to celebrate/congratulate the players.
Gray in that game was a disgrace as well, i said this the day after in another thread, but you can tell his disappointment at times by the tone of his voice. Ibrahimovic had two freekicks in the first half, Babel charged the first one down getting booked, then his secong went about 5 yards over...you could hear the annoyance at the miss in Grays voice. And to be honest i dont think that its on, he is broadcasting for English or british tv.
The Burdisso sending off was a sending off, and if it had happened to one of our players who had already been booked Gray would of without doubt said that lad was stupid for going in so high when he was already on a booking. But no...instead we got...it was a shocking decision, and then calls for a yellow from Gray for Mascherano minutes later for nothing.

I wouldnt be ersed complaining to sky or anything, but think that if Gray is going to cover us then someone needs to tell him to tone it down a bit.

And yari7 i still think you are a wum and definately not a liverpool supporter.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:48 pm

Richard Keys is married to my mates sister, he considers Liverpool his "second" team behind some lower league cr@p.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Im not arsed by Andy Gray.  I would espect him to be bitter and biased.  Why is it such a surprise to people..  Just ignore him or laugh at his obvious deficiencies ie thinking Everton are a big club! :p
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:53 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Richard Keys is married to my mates sister, he considers Liverpool his "second" team behind some lower league cr@p.

Keys is a Coventry fan, there's just not been much banter on Sky about that since they got relegted from the Prem and are barely ever covered in live games.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:22 pm

taff wrote:

Liverpool v Chelsea

Yeah its definately paranoia ! My doctor said I was paranoid but hes always had it in for me....

Wasnt a great example i'll admit but my point is, Reina was having a brilliant season, better than cechs if I recall, he also has a great reputation with penalties but does the commentator pick up on that? no, of course he doesnt, he gets wet over cech instead "Probably the greatest goalkeeper in the world".

Really scraping the barrel now aint I ? I'll think of some other reason why nobody loves us... :down:

On second thoughts I cant be bothered....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:56 pm

Cech until this season was generally acepted as the best in the world, IMO Reina is in the front running at this moment in time, but is till not the automatic choice for Spain.

The commentator also said that Reina was shorter than Cech, not really anti Liverpool just a fact

At the end of the shootout he then said how Liverpool were the greatest european side to come out of Britain

I dont really want to get into an internet debate with you and am not on here enough to trade personal insults and I find them tedious to be honest but your example annoys me because if we justifiably complain about bias I would want this to be a watertight argument or we get called, and using your example, whingers and moaners which also annoys me as I think there is some bias.  But examples like this if read by non LFC fans would just be laughed at and justifiably used as examples of whinging and paranoia
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion