Sky sports under fire for "anti liverpool fc bias" - Its about time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 am

ClONMEL_RED wrote:Believe or not Emerald Red i didnt come on here for a scrap...... just though the thread was a bit pointless.. the notion sky are bias etc just gives ppl ammunition.....everyone neutral loves to see the little man win..... Burdisso red was a bit of a joke.... to be fair-   it wasnt what lost the match for inter.... gray prob went on about it a bit much because there was nothing else happening in the game ....it was a boring game....... Good night im off to the pub

Did Burdisso get a straight red or 2 yellows ?

Was his 2nd foul worthy of a yellow ?

Case closed.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:40 am

HOMER wrote:mountain out of a molehill. sending off did end the game and yes it was shocking.

they are not anti liverpool - we have more ex players as pundits on tv than anyone else. remember "you beauty" by Gray - olympiacos game.

so he use to play for everton - we can't have an ex liverpool player commenting on every game.

Also the west ham game where he siad take a bow son u have been great today , if anyone ever doubted ur ability , u have just blah blah blah . He was commenting on gerrard , gray is one of the best commentators and this is bull SH!t that he's receiving , souness and redknapp have said wrose things adn there are still there why is no one complaing abt them , Asking for them to be sacked or they will boycott sky
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:44 am

metalhead wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:I find andy gray one of the best commentators but yes the sending off was harsh and its HIS JOB to commentate on the match and that was what he was doing , i think fans need to lightnen up and by boycotting sky , its not gonna chnage anything , they will not sack gray

Its his job TO BE FAIR when he commentates, not to go anti-liverpool all over and biased. Commentators always should be fair and neutral in their views irrespective to what they support.

well i wonder what world u live in , 90% of commentators are not neutral , they try hard too but are not . Martin tyler or Rob hawthrone are okay and so is gray . He was being fair to inter , the sending of was harsh end of .
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:53 am

Andy Gray wants nutting.

With one of these:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:01 am

He is clearly anti-Liverpool and a d1ck. He probably wanted to play for us but was not good enough so he is still bitter. Sky will not sack him but may decrease the number of Liverpool matches he covers which is fine with me.

If you cannot see he hates the club then you are not watching (listening) or do not support the club.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:04 am

kazza wrote:He is clearly anti-Liverpool and a d1ck. He probably wanted to play for us but was not good enough so he is still bitter. Sky will not sack him but may decrease the number of Liverpool matches he covers which is fine with me.

If you cannot see he hates the club then you are not watching (listening) or do not support the club.

he will deffo comment on the big games say like next week Mancs vs LFC or maybe Arsenal vs LFC
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:07 am

Toffeehater wrote:
kazza wrote:He is clearly anti-Liverpool and a d1ck. He probably wanted to play for us but was not good enough so he is still bitter. Sky will not sack him but may decrease the number of Liverpool matches he covers which is fine with me.

he will deffo comment on the big games say like next week Mancs vs LFC or maybe Arsenal vs LFC

As I am not in England I do not have to listen to that idiot lately. I have to listen to another idiot called Tommy Smith, he is not anti-Liverpool as much as he is annoying. Whenever I do listen to Andy Grey it is irritating though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:00 am

RedBlood wrote:as much as it pains me to say it andy gray is a good commentator but when hes commentating on our games his bias against us is obvious and this should not be allowed...similar to tha ugly :censored: waster  `fat le tittihead   he cums in his pants whenever we concede and it shouldnt be allowed its bad enough we have to look at his fu.cked enough face

Amen  :sleepy:
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:31 am

I am not being funny but does it really matter, will it win us the league, will it win us the CL if they are nice about us?

will it f*ck

some of the younger guys probably don't know but its never been any different, even when we were steamrollering all before us the mancs got all the good press, just dont worry about it, the fact is for years now we have been a top 4 club and no more and we cant expect past glories to make any difference when people talk about the way we are now
112-1077774096

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:22 pm

Gray and the chumps on Sky used to bother me, but to be honest when we succeed it must pi.ss them off just as much as it pi.sses us off when they make biassed comments.  It makes it all the more sweet when we win and Gray has had to sit there and commentate on it.

Having said that I have lost it with the sky commentary on a few occasions.  There was a game we lost 1-0 at Blackburn I think last season, and the 3-1 Reading defeat this season that I had to watch on mute as it was winding me up.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Dundalk wrote:Forget them muppets at Sky

Watch Dunphy rant about usually everything on RTE.

He wrote Roy Keanes auto biography and here he is tryin to defend.

He loses the head big time here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prep4trYNj4  :laugh:

I can't believe I wasted 13 mins of my life on this idiot.
Homebooby

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:51 pm

This is a storm in a tea cup and is all about perspective. I have Manure friends, yes I know I should be ashamed  :D , who swear that Grey is biased against them, yet in my opinion he is constantly praising them.
Grey is one of the best commentators in the UK but I do think he is maybe a mini bit biased against us but who cares, are you guys really so insecure about Liverpool, becuase I'm not, it just makes the victories so much sweeter   :wwww  :wwww
heimdall

Postby VamosRafa » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:00 am

As much as Andy Gray is a complete :censored:, i think this whole subject has been completely thrown out of proportion. To ask for a pundit not to be a complete moron at times is ridiculous. Lets face it, Burdisso hardly deserved to get sent off, and when Torres scored, the game was over with half an hour to play. What do you think Sky are looking for? A dead rubber match or an entertaining final half hour, where liverpool hang on (viewer on the edge of their seat) and finally win.

Although i'm not a fan of Gray, i'd rather endure 90 minutes listening to him than have to sit through  Brian Marwood, Trevor Francis, Mark Bright, Lawrenson or any other crappy match summariser out there (not including Aldo on radio city, I especially enjoy the way he spends half his air time laying into Kuyt - hillarious!)
VamosRafa

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:02 am

Vamos you forgot Gavin Peacock and Garth Crooks on footy focus. The cream of British talent eh :D
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:25 am

Listen closely to the beginning of this link.

Liverpool v Chelsea

If you add ITV to the list of "I HATE LIVERPOOL WINNING" then it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out LFC are bad for there business ! The problem is LFC, as we supporters know, we are as unpredictable as the weather, unfortunately for the theses "experts" so is there judgement.

Andy Gray cannot be punished solely, ITV and the BBC are also in line. When was the last match on MOTD in which LFC was shown first?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion