Sky sports under fire for "anti liverpool fc bias" - Its about time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mramo » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:18 am

I noticed how he's not so "anti" when it comes to commentating on Steven Gerrard.  Hmm?
mramo

Postby Boocity » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:36 pm

I don't know why people get so worked up about this. If we were winning the PL and playing teams off the park they would be full of praise for us. The fact that we were supposed to be challenging for the PL and are now way out of it and all of this mess behind the scenes make us prime targets.
Get over it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:50 pm

The_Rock wrote:Well richard keys has done it again...........

Just heard that he said all the papers will report that Dirk and the referee live 5 miles apart in Holland.

"Now it is a matter of fact, and that is why say this, that the referee and Dirk Kuyt live 5 minutes apart in Holland, so conspiracy theorists will love that."

So he is basically giving the headlines to the press.....

Ah well......

Honestly, I really don't think Keys has a scoobies clue. I just think he gets words relayed down his ear from the directors and he comes out with them. It's all spin. It's the c*nts higher up in the Sky board that are the biased ones

I also hear that Andy Gray was back to his cuntish best last night. That thing about the ref was said to me last night from a mate who supports Celtic. Of course, we are always lucky in Europe. Never mind the fact that we've got to 7 finals and won 5 of them. Sure that doesn't even matter. It was all luck. We're shyte in that competition and United, Arsenal and Chelsea are absolute gargantuans in Europe.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Boocity wrote:I don't know why people get so worked up about this. If we were winning the PL and playing teams off the park they would be full of praise for us. The fact that we were supposed to be challenging for the PL and are now way out of it and all of this mess behind the scenes make us prime targets.
Get over it.

Na, mate. You're wrong. We've practically been dominating Europe over the past 4 years. Even though we look like a side that is as difficult as any to beat in the competition, if not the most difficult, the press still  badger on about United (who's success record is atrocious for how long they've been in it) Chelsea, and now Arsenal. We are always last in the order for merit. Sometimes we don't even get a mention, especially on Sky Sports. It's only when we reach a final do they start talking about us, and even then they still have their doubts. It's f*cking disgraceful and a pathetic and obvious bias towards Liverpool FC. Like I said before: only when Gerrard has that trophy above his head will they say "Oh, Liverpool are a good team in this competition." And even then, the d*ck heads probably still won't have taken it in that we won it 5 times...or 6.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Boocity wrote:I don't know why people get so worked up about this. If we were winning the PL and playing teams off the park they would be full of praise for us. The fact that we were supposed to be challenging for the PL and are now way out of it and all of this mess behind the scenes make us prime targets.
Get over it.

Na, mate. You're wrong. We've practically been dominating Europe over the past 4 years. Even though we look like a side that is as difficult as any to beat in the competition, if not the most difficult, the press still  badger on about United (who's success record is atrocious for how long they've been in it) Chelsea, and now Arsenal. We are always last in the order for merit. Sometimes we don't even get a mention, especially on Sky Sports. It's only when we reach a final do they start talking about us, and even then they still have their doubts. It's f*cking disgraceful and a pathetic and obvious bias towards Liverpool FC. Like I said before: only when Gerrard has that trophy above his head will they say "Oh, Liverpool are a good team in this competition." And even then, the d*ck heads probably still won't have taken it in that we won it 5 times...or 6.

Well, to be honet, while we have won it 5 times, four of those came more than 24-30 years ago. The fact we have won it 5 times doesn't matter when talking about the current team in this current era. This current team in this era, have won it once and reached a final.

And I guess that the reason we are last in merit may be down to our position in the league. I rememebr last season adn the season before when we finished 3rd, Arsenal were usually last to get merit.

On a side note, we have been very lucky in Europe so far this season. How Arsenal didn't get a penalty or a second, I will never know. For the neutrals who saw that game last night, it i easy to see why they would not like Liverpool because we hardly showed anything going forward.
Yari7

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:08 pm

I don't have a clue how anyone can take anyone associated with Sky seriously.  I usually get Setanta's international coverage but they were patching in the Sky feed yesterday.  That bit at the beginning with the Frankensteinesque Liverpool and Arsenal players "coming alive" was absolutely cringe-worthy.  How can anything that follows be considered even remotely worth getting worked up about?  It's clear that the network's sole purpose is to generate hype and thus they will say and do anything to keep people tuned in.  Much like a few WUMs around here, they just try to be controversial to get a reaction from people.  It's not worth worrying about, IMO.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Yari7 wrote:Well, to be honet, while we have won it 5 times, four of those came more than 24-30 years ago. The fact we have won it 5 times doesn't matter when talking about the current team in this current era. This current team in this era, have won it once and reached a final.

And I guess that the reason we are last in merit may be down to our position in the league. I rememebr last season adn the season before when we finished 3rd, Arsenal were usually last to get merit.

On a side note, we have been very lucky in Europe so far this season. How Arsenal didn't get a penalty or a second, I will never know. For the neutrals who saw that game last night, it i easy to see why they would not like Liverpool because we hardly showed anything going forward.

Strange post that mate, whats league position got to do with cup games ?
Especially in a cup that we have shown such amazing pedigree in as well.
Our current form (since Rafa took charge) is probably the best out of any team in Europe, never mind the UK.
Like emerald said united have qualified for the champions league every season since the format was changed and have won it once and not even been to another final.
Its not just credit that we are due, its respect as well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Yari7 wrote:Well, to be honet, while we have won it 5 times, four of those came more than 24-30 years ago. The fact we have won it 5 times doesn't matter when talking about the current team in this current era. This current team in this era, have won it once and reached a final.

Our current form (since Rafa took charge) is probably the best out of any team in Europe, never mind the UK.
Like emerald said united have qualified for the champions league every season since the format was changed and have won it once and not even been to another final.

Well, while in Europe we are great, no doubt, but in England, we are considered the 4th best team. This may be why we don't get the credit that Chelsea, United or Arsenal do.

Make no mistake about it, the rest of Europe fear us as much as any of the English teams, but here in England, it's different, because the commentators see the top 4, week in, week out and see that domestically, we are 4th.

It may be like AC Milan. Everyone in Europe fears them, but in Italy, people cream over Inter and Roma nowadays more so then AC, from what I hear because they are doing better domestically.

Another example would be Barcalona. They are seen as world beaters by the rest of Europe, however, for those who follow them domestically in spain, realize they are not better then Real Madrid.
Yari7

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:51 pm

its embarrassing seeing grahame souness as a pundit on liverpool games. fair enuf he's a legend of a player but he was horrific as a manager which suggests his grasp on the bigger picture of the complete workings of a game of football are non-existant.

its like asking thomas brolin to give his opinion on how cristiano ronaldo should improve his physical condition.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:24 pm

Yari7 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Well, while in Europe we are great, no doubt, but in England, we are considered the 4th best team. This may be why we don't get the credit that Chelsea, United or Arsenal do.

Make no mistake about it, the rest of Europe fear us as much as any of the English teams, but here in England, it's different, because the commentators see the top 4, week in, week out and see that domestically, we are 4th.

It may be like AC Milan. Everyone in Europe fears them, but in Italy, people cream over Inter and Roma nowadays more so then AC, from what I hear because they are doing better domestically.

Another example would be Barcalona. They are seen as world beaters by the rest of Europe, however, for those who follow them domestically in spain, realize they are not better then Real Madrid.

It has always been like this.....The london clubs get all the good press.

Manure is an exception to this rule because fergie gives head to all the journalists .........  :p

The fact is we are the most successful english team in recent european history too....... In the last 8 years ...we are the only ones to win the european and uefa cup....

Manure sure didn't
Ar$e-@nal didn't
Chelsh1t didn't too....

Even Boro managed to go to a european final in the last 8 years.....What did manure achieve in europe ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:30 pm

PabloAimar wrote:its embarrassing seeing grahame souness as a pundit on liverpool games. fair enuf he's a legend of a player but he was horrific as a manager which suggests his grasp on the bigger picture of the complete workings of a game of football are non-existant.

its like asking thomas brolin to give his opinion on how cristiano ronaldo should improve his physical condition.

what are you on?

He's asked to comment on European ties, something he knows all about. Both as player and manager. He won everything in Turkey and Scotland and Portugal. He's a good manager abroad, just in England his methods don't work.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby nobybob » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:14 pm

Yari7 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Get over it.

Well, to be honet, while we have won it 5 times, four of those came more than 24-30 years ago. The fact we have won it 5 times doesn't matter when talking about the current team in this current era. This current team in this era, have won it once and reached a final.

i have said it before and i say it again "this ***** is a manc just go back through his previous post and it all becomes clear. Why is he allowed to post here when he clearly belongs on another forum. And no i am not just criticising this one post but his history of posts in total
nobybob

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:07 pm

That comment he made about Kuyt and the ref was f#cking scandalous to be fair. How sh#t-stirring was that? Horrible, hairy c#nt.

I was surprised that Souness was jumping around when we scored, nice one. Still a tit though!

Gray was back to his best (worst) as well. He's been a bit more objective towards us the last few weeks but he was terrible last night. Kept going on about how lucky Rafa is and also at the start of the second half, he and Hawthorne were going on about how important a 45 minutes it was for Arsenal in the second half.

Yep, that's right, very important for them but meant f#ck all to us!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Yari7 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:15 pm

nobybob wrote:
Yari7 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Get over it.

i have said it before and i say it again "this ***** is a manc just go back through his previous post and it all becomes clear. Why is he allowed to post here when he clearly belongs on another forum. And no i am not just criticising this one post but his history of posts in total

I am naturally critical about something I support.

It was a great result to take to Anfeild, but the fact is, we were defending for most of the second half and offered nothing going forward.

If we play with the same mentality at Anfeild, Arsenal will do us.
Yari7

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:34 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
PabloAimar wrote:its embarrassing seeing grahame souness as a pundit on liverpool games. fair enuf he's a legend of a player but he was horrific as a manager which suggests his grasp on the bigger picture of the complete workings of a game of football are non-existant.

what are you on?

He's asked to comment on European ties, something he knows all about. Both as player and manager. He won everything in Turkey and Scotland and Portugal. He's a good manager abroad, just in England his methods don't work.

Also he watched it from the stands & not from the comfort of the studio.

When Keys pressed him about jumping up & down when we scored he just smiled & said it's in the blood, I liked that.

It doesn't seem to be in Rednap's or Lawrence's blood.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion