Sky sports under fire for "anti liverpool fc bias" - Its about time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:27 pm

Yari7 wrote:
goodness sake are you a liverpool fan?

No, I just post on Liverpool boards pretending to be a fan. (sarcasm).

Sarcasm aside, I'm beginning to believe you.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Forget them muppets at Sky

Watch Dunphy rant about usually everything on RTE.

He wrote Roy Keanes auto biography and here he is tryin to defend.

He loses the head big time here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prep4trYNj4  :laugh:

That guy is a coc.k.

:nod

Yep.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:31 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Yari7 wrote:

Yeah, beause someone cannot be objective and be a Liverpool fan. I watched the game and thought Gray did a good job. The Red card I thought was a poor decision and a bad break for Inter which effectivley killed the tie. Add that also to the poor decision int he first leg, and Gray was right to be harping on about the 2 red card decisions.
Yari7

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:32 pm

Dundalk wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Forget them muppets at Sky

Watch Dunphy rant about usually everything on RTE.

He wrote Roy Keanes auto biography and here he is tryin to defend.

He loses the head big time here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prep4trYNj4  :laugh:

That guy is a coc.k.

:nod

Yep.

That show is a joke aswell. Its almost comical watching them all argue with each other.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:32 pm

i never understood the deal with him honestly as i didnt grow up in UK and i never bothered about commentators as i am always too busy watching our players celebrate but i guess after watching the inter match i can understand the the fuss.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Yari7 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Yari7 wrote:

Yeah, beause someone cannot be objective and be a Liverpool fan. I watched the game and thought Gray did a good job. The Red card I thought was a poor decision and a bad break for Inter which effectivley killed the tie. Add that also to the poor decision int he first leg, and Gray was right to be harping on about the 2 red card decisions.

U honestly believe Mattarazzi's red was harsh? He made two ridiculously stupid tackles - who's to blame for those? I'v said it before somewhere that when on a yellow u have to behave. It aint rocket science..... Mattarazzi hauled Torres back by the collar from a run on goal - not a red but certainly a yellow. Do u expect the ref to think "hmmm, this could be controversial, maybe I shud let it go...." or wud u rather he actually reffed the game properly?

I aint particularly patriotic when watchin other english clubs in europe, but (unless its the mancs) i wanna see players punished for stupid blatent cheatin, regardless of who's on the pitch. Mattarazzi cheated...on a yellow....and a 2nd DESERVED yellow meant he got a lonely bath. End of. Simple. Which describes Mattarazzi perfectly.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:52 pm

Andy Gray is a pr!ck, but I was disappointed with the sending off too because it killed of the game.  You could see how that could have been bad for a neutral fan.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Yari7 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:03 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:
Yari7 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Yari7 wrote:

U honestly believe Mattarazzi's red was harsh? He made two ridiculously stupid tackles - who's to blame for those? I'v said it before somewhere that when on a yellow u have to behave. It aint rocket science..... Mattarazzi hauled Torres back by the collar from a run on goal - not a red but certainly a yellow. Do u expect the ref to think "hmmm, this could be controversial, maybe I shud let it go...." or wud u rather he actually reffed the game properly?

I aint particularly patriotic when watchin other english clubs in europe, but (unless its the mancs) i wanna see players punished for stupid blatent cheatin, regardless of who's on the pitch. Mattarazzi cheated...on a yellow....and a 2nd DESERVED yellow meant he got a lonely bath. End of. Simple. Which describes Mattarazzi perfectly.

The first yellow for Matarazi should have never been a yellow to start of with. Matarazi was harshly dealt with if we are looking at things objectivley. Not that I was complaining.

From a neutral perspective, the consensus is that both sending offs were harsh.

Either way, I don't see what was wrong with Gray. However, Souness and Redknapp's analysis was a joke. They never gave credit to Rafa or Liverpool, instead, they labelled him as "Lucky", complained that he doesnt play Torres enough and how it has cost us the season, and how Liverpool will never win the title under Rafa.

By contrast, Sky were jizzing all over Arsenal knocking out AC Milan
Last edited by Yari7 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yari7

Postby ClONMEL_RED » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:30 pm

im a hardcore irish lfc fan and im delighted i have rte analisys, its a breath of fresh air to the lack luster mediocar performance of bbc and sky, they say what u think. wen im :censored: off with my teams performance i like to hear it from dunphy,giles and brady that they think so too.

dUNHPY isnt anti liverpool.....in fact he has said many times that liverpool is a great team...........his SON is liverpool fan .......he went as far as to say he loved everything about the club  just hates the way they do things these days ...scrappy results, boring football , mediorce players like riise pennant kuyt crouch etc-----compared to the quality in the 70's and 80's....................HE IS PROB RIGHT!!! but we  don't like to hear the truth!!!!!!   THIS YR HAS BEEN REALLY POSITIVE FOR ME THOUGH.....MASCHERANO IS WORLD CLASS ........TORRES........SKTREL ETC .........WE ARE IMPROVIN AND HOPEFULLY NEXT SEASON DUNPHY AND CO WONT HAVE MUCH TO COMPLAIN ABOUT....
Last edited by ClONMEL_RED on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClONMEL_RED

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Hes a class a :censored:. End of story.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ClONMEL_RED » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Hes a class a . End of story.[quote]

Grow a pair will ya???
When liverpool are actually good enough people will praise them........4TH IS 4TH PLACE......... WHAT LIVERPOOL TEAMS DESERVES CREDIT FOR THAT???!?
about 20 years since a title?? of course men the age of Dunphy look upon the class of 2008 as pathetic at times........

Expecting heaps of abuse....:O
ClONMEL_RED

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Toffeehater wrote:I find andy gray one of the best commentators but yes the sending off was harsh and its HIS JOB to commentate on the match and that was what he was doing , i think fans need to lightnen up and by boycotting sky , its not gonna chnage anything , they will not sack gray

Its his job TO BE FAIR when he commentates, not to go anti-liverpool all over and biased. Commentators always should be fair and neutral in their views irrespective to what they support.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:16 pm

Bermenstein wrote:And that Matt Le Tissier commentating week in week out on Lpool games too. He loves to see us loose. He's a bit of a jinx. Hope Tommo smacks him one some Saturday.

Too right there mate,when Barnsley scored that winning goal him and Stelling were creaming themselves!! :angry:  :angry:
Still,at least he shut up when Southampton went 5-0 down :laugh:
Let's hope we turn over Arsenal as well just to see the look on Cokehead Merson's smug face! :eyebrow
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Rush Job » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Bermenstein wrote:And that Matt Le Tissier commentating week in week out on Lpool games too. He loves to see us loose. He's a bit of a jinx. Hope Tommo smacks him one some Saturday.

So true, i used to think he was alright but i f*ckin hate him now. You now if the oppo has scored cus you hear him laughing, and they give him the game every week, why? :no
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Yari7 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Yari7 wrote:

I`ll tell you what killed the tie, the 2 goals at anfield and them not able to reply, that killed the tie.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion