Sky sports under fire for "anti liverpool fc bias" - Its about time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:54 pm

yari7 that is the first post you have made using the word 'we' when talking about LFC.
In another post i read about the Chelsea Spurs draw...thats good for Liverpool. Only a minor thing but just another that hints that your not an actual supporter.

There is no harm with being objective and if the Burdisso sending off was definately not a second booking i could see your point, but when its one of them were most would say...i have seen them given, the fact that your supposed to support liverpool would naturally make you think he should of gone.

He went in with his studs shoulder high and didnt get the ball, when he was already on a booking. Why is that not a booking ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Being a liverpool supporter and being objective just doesn't marry , we should be biased as feck towards our team . NOT THE OPPO.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:yari7 that is the first post you have made using the word 'we' when talking about LFC.
In another post i read about the Chelsea Spurs draw...thats good for Liverpool. Only a minor thing but just another that hints that your not an actual supporter.

There is no harm with being objective and if the Burdisso sending off was definately not a second booking i could see your point, but when its one of them were most would say...i have seen them given, the fact that your supposed to support liverpool would naturally make you think he should of gone.

He went in with his studs shoulder high and didnt get the ball, when he was already on a booking. Why is that not a booking ?

Actually, thats lie. Go check through my posts and you will see that I use the word "we" in many posts.

Look at it again, Buridisso leg was no where near shoulder height. In fact, Lucas' lifts his foot higher and is also going with studs showing. Lucas brings his foot down on Buridissos thigh and the momentum spins Lucas around. If anything, you coukld argue it was a foul by Lucas as he made the contact.

One thing about the sending off is that from the refs position it definatley looked like an awful challenge so I can see why he gave the red card but it wasnt worthy of a red card.

We got some good desicions in the tie which helped us a lot.
Yari7

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Whatever lad.

You do not support Liverpool and it wouldnt surprise me if you were an alter ego or someone like oasis.
So many posts in so little time.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Yari7 wrote:
destro wrote:Just watched a bit of the Man U game on SKY interesting to hear Mr Gray (after a lengthy passing move almost resulted in a goal for United) say "for a neutral watching that would have been a wonderful goal" (while tugging away at the very thought of it ) when what he really meant to say was "You would never,ever see Liverpool put together a move like that" ???

Come on, lol.

You are paranoid if you beleive that was a shot at Liverpool. I don't really think that Grays life revolves around taking shots at Liverpool.

Man Utd did put together an excelent move but Bolton probably had the best move of the game (as Gray mentioned).

You missed the point Yari, what I was highlighting was that in the past he would not have added the words "for a neutral" so it would seem he has been made aware of the complaints received.

Thats what I was trying to say  :)

For the record
1) Gray is a tw@t
2) I don't think  the Inter player should have been sent of for the Lucas challenge, but I will take it
destro

Postby lakes10 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:38 pm

Essex Radio did a great bit on Sky Sports today abot teir views on Liverpool, the gave some clips that they picked up in the last  days.

most of them by Gray.

On the other hand they put out some cliups of the BBC, it made the BBC sound likle they where in love with Liverpool FC.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:40 pm

I honestly dont care about Gray dont even listen that much to him.  But he does wax lyrical about the Newcastle games.

The sending off was studs up and in Europe thats a booking, I can understand the debate with Brits as its seen as less of a sin but an Italian should be more aware and therefore deserved it.  Pulling your shirt up is a stupid booking but it happens so players that do it dont get sympathy from me but I still think the law is daft.  But its currently the law so the player must be blamed as in the Inter guy, he deserved the booking. Im sure if one of our players did that we would be angry but I can bet you that Benitez would be furious with the player, Pennant as an example.

The rotation thing is poor journalism but we are fourth in the league, other reasons have contributed but lazy TV journalism doesnt alaways cover these points. Of course its annoying but why get wound up, stick it to them when we lift big ears in May and the title next season  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:42 pm

one of the best bit Essex Radio did was to point out to SKY that there is a player doing just as well as Ronaldo in the prem........Torres.

also they said something like that Torres has played a lot less games.

is that right???

i was sure it was the same.. 24
Last edited by lakes10 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:17 pm

lakes10 wrote:one of the best bit Essex Radio did was to point out to SKY that there is a player doing just as well as Ronaldo in the prem........Torres.

is that right???

Gray did mention Torres last night. He said that the race for the top scorer in the premiership is going to be intresting with Torres on such fine form. However the difference is that Torres is a striker and Ronaldo is a midfeilder.

Roanaldo has 24 and Torres has 20.

Who do you think will win it this season?
Yari7

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:21 pm

Yari7 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:one of the best bit Essex Radio did was to point out to SKY that there is a player doing just as well as Ronaldo in the prem........Torres.

is that right???

Gray did mention Torres last night. He said that the race for the top scorer in the premiership is going to be intresting with Torres on such fine form. However the difference is that Torres is a striker and Ronaldo is a midfeilder.

Roanaldo has 24 and Torres has 20.

Who do you think will win it this season?

Torres got money on it :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm going for a late spurt from Peter Crouch :laugh:

Torres though and if he doesn't win player of the year, it'll be an outrage. He's played alot better throughout the season and with 20 plus goals in your debut season, it's some achievment.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:31 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
peewee wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Yari7 wrote:LFC.tv is biased anyway. ITV is more partial then LFC.tv. Personally, I  prefer to watch a partial analysis of our team.

???   
LFC biased, now there's a surprise, and you prefer ITV because they are more partial ? ie they favour Liverpool .

Are you for real ?

i read mein kampf once, that was very pro nazi,, strange that eh?

:D

See PEewee - when your not moaning your a funny guy.  :D

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but he's funny how, I mean funny like he's a clown, he amuses you?  He makes you laugh, he's here to fuckin' amuse you?  What do you mean funny, funny how?  How is he funny?

thats either annoying or means that u're jealous . I'd vote for both  :D

Duh!!!!  How did you not get that reference?

Maybe the movie quotes thread needs to be paid a visit...

sorry to dissapoint u mr mac , but i ain't that old like nanny   :laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:33 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:well still, if you don't like Gray's commentary then don't listen to him, it's pretty simple.

so if there is an injusticve, just turn a blind eye? i dont like muggings, if i see it happen again i'll just look away.

all im saying is that the guy is a first class kunt. and sometimes when you are with other people (sometmies with things like football you dont watch by yourself alone but with others, who have equal choice on whether to have sound or not) then you cant help but hear his snivelly whiny voice

well you have to suffer then dawson, because like it or not Gray is sky's number one commentator and will be for the next few years.

agreed and sky are not going to sack him  :cool:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Yari7 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:yari7 that is the first post you have made using the word 'we' when talking about LFC.

Actually, thats lie. Go check through my posts and you will see that I use the word "we" in many posts.

Look at it again, Buridisso leg was no where near shoulder height. In fact, Lucas' lifts his foot higher and is also going with studs showing. Lucas brings his foot down on Buridissos thigh and the momentum spins Lucas around. If anything, you coukld argue it was a foul by Lucas as he made the contact.

One thing about the sending off is that from the refs position it definatley looked like an awful challenge so I can see why he gave the red card but it wasnt worthy of a red card.

We got some good desicions in the tie which helped us a lot.

so what you are saying is that because of the sending off we won , without them we would never have beaten inter?  :laugh: u better laugh it off mate , no 1 is convinced that u are a fan
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
peewee wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Yari7 wrote:LFC.tv is biased anyway. ITV is more partial then LFC.tv. Personally, I  prefer to watch a partial analysis of our team.

???   
LFC biased, now there's a surprise, and you prefer ITV because they are more partial ? ie they favour Liverpool .

Are you for real ?

i read mein kampf once, that was very pro nazi,, strange that eh?

:D

See PEewee - when your not moaning your a funny guy.  :D

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but he's funny how, I mean funny like he's a clown, he amuses you?  He makes you laugh, he's here to fuckin' amuse you?  What do you mean funny, funny how?  How is he funny?

thats either annoying or means that u're jealous . I'd vote for both  :D

Duh!!!!  How did you not get that reference?

Maybe the movie quotes thread needs to be paid a visit...

sorry to dissapoint u mr mac , but i ain't that old like nanny   :laugh:

Your gonna be gettin a dig off me soon :laugh: yeh cheeky little sod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion