Sky sports under fire for "anti liverpool fc bias" - Its about time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:13 am

Nah, to tell you the truth I'm not a fan of any of his work.  I just think he's got a dead funny grid and a proper dirty arse laugh.  Wish I had a laugh like that.  Well funny!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:26 am

alright, looks like we've gone from Gray to Sid James.

Back to Gray, I don't mind him. He went over the top on the red card against Inter in the San Siro which I still think was a justifyable decision by the ref. I remember once on Sky's Monday Night Football when Gray would annalyse the weekend's football he read a letter sky had recieved and it said "why do you always favour sky" to which Gray's response was "I don't favour Manchester United, I just like to praise good football" this is going back a few good years but that's his reasoning. I think he does favour towards United, then against most pundits and commentators do, but if he's commnetating on Liverpool v Derby then he'll praise us to the heavens because we're playing the better football (or at least I should hope we were)

When he's annalysing games with Keys in the studio, he's as fair as can be IMO and sky on the whole constantly have Liverpool live. More than most sides if not all sides. So I think they as a company may favour United but it's because in sky's eyes football began in 92 with the Premiership, they like people to forget football has been running a lot longer than them.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:28 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I remember once on Sky's Monday Night Football when Gray would annalyse the weekend's football he read a letter sky had recieved and it said "why do you always favour sky" to which Gray's response was "I don't favour Manchester United, I just like to praise good football" this is going back a few good years but that's his reasoning.

???
LFC2007

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:49 am

you cant have him commentating. hes a t!t. simple as. hearing him drone on absolutely does my head in. and he is completely biased...not just against us but hes so far up fergusons a$$ its scary.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:54 am

dawson99 wrote:you cant have him commentating. hes a t!t. simple as. hearing him drone on absolutely does my head in. and he is completely biased...not just against us but hes so far up fergusons a$$ its scary.

don't listen then and wait for MOTD or listen to the radio or better yet go the match.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:03 am

i try not to listen, but when i do i keep gettogn funny looks from people as i go mental at the tv. unfortunately due to my job i work ALL the fecking time, but luckily we have ervy football match on tv.

i like liverpool on setanta. and im nto waiting for motd when i can see the full match,. usually canal+ or supersport are on with no sound... but sky sports... argh!!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:09 am

well still, if you don't like Gray's commentary then don't listen to him, it's pretty simple.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:well still, if you don't like Gray's commentary then don't listen to him, it's pretty simple.

so if there is an injusticve, just turn a blind eye? i dont like muggings, if i see it happen again i'll just look away.

all im saying is that the guy is a first class kunt. and sometimes when you are with other people (sometmies with things like football you dont watch by yourself alone but with others, who have equal choice on whether to have sound or not) then you cant help but hear his snivelly whiny voice
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 am

LFC2007 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I remember once on Sky's Monday Night Football when Gray would annalyse the weekend's football he read a letter sky had recieved and it said "why do you always favour sky" to which Gray's response was "I don't favour Manchester United, I just like to praise good football" this is going back a few good years but that's his reasoning.

???

agreed  ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:16 am

dawson99 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:well still, if you don't like Gray's commentary then don't listen to him, it's pretty simple.

so if there is an injusticve, just turn a blind eye? i dont like muggings, if i see it happen again i'll just look away.

all im saying is that the guy is a first class kunt. and sometimes when you are with other people (sometmies with things like football you dont watch by yourself alone but with others, who have equal choice on whether to have sound or not) then you cant help but hear his snivelly whiny voice

well you have to suffer then dawson, because like it or not Gray is sky's number one commentator and will be for the next few years.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:19 am

well.. i dont like it :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:11 am

Yari7 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Yari7 wrote:I would like the commentary to to be impartial for both teams meaning fair and unbiased towards both teams.

Why ?

Cos he probably supports neither.
He certainly doesnt appear to support Liverpool.

I do support Liverpool and I am a fan. I am a fan of footbal also. If the opposing team do something good, then they should be given credit just as if we do something good.

I want a fair and impartial commentary on the game when I watch games no matter who is playing.

You DO NOT support Liverpool its feckin obvious.

The comment you made is fair enough in the last post about giving credit when an opposing team does something good.
But this debate has been about Gray being biased with comments, namely the sending off of Burdisso in the San Siro. It was a definate sending off and the player (who has a history for being dirty) shouldnt of gone in like that on a booking.
As i have said Gray commentating on other games is not as bad but with us at times he can be totally biased.
IF you were a Liverpool supporter there is no way you would of agreed that Liverpool were lucky with the sending off. Most fans who support a team are biased towards there own team.
I know that sounds strange to you, but thats what fans are like.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:24 am

dawson99 wrote:i try not to listen, but when i do i keep gettogn funny looks from people as i go mental at the tv. unfortunately due to my job i work ALL the fecking time, but luckily we have ervy football match on tv.

i like liverpool on setanta. and im nto waiting for motd when i can see the full match,. usually canal+ or supersport are on with no sound... but sky sports... argh!!

Hi Dawson, where do you live mate, how are you getting canal+ and supersport?
heimdall

Postby Yari7 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:44 pm

nobybob wrote:
Yari7 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Yari7 wrote:I would like the commentary to to be impartial for both teams meaning fair and unbiased towards both teams.

Why ?

I do support Liverpool and I am a fan. I am a fan of footbal also. If the opposing team do something good, then they should be given credit just as if we do something good.

I want a fair and impartial commentary on the game when I watch games no matter who is playing.

Which part of liverpool are you from YARI ???

I am not from Liverpol. Do I now have to be from Liverpool to support Liverpool?
Yari7

Postby Yari7 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Yari7 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Why ?

You DO NOT support Liverpool its feckin obvious.

The comment you made is fair enough in the last post about giving credit when an opposing team does something good.
But this debate has been about Gray being biased with comments, namely the sending off of Burdisso in the San Siro. It was a definate sending off and the player (who has a history for being dirty) shouldnt of gone in like that on a booking.
As i have said Gray commentating on other games is not as bad but with us at times he can be totally biased.
IF you were a Liverpool supporter there is no way you would of agreed that Liverpool were lucky with the sending off. Most fans who support a team are biased towards there own team.
I know that sounds strange to you, but thats what fans are like.

Do not tell mke who I do and do not support. I support Liverpool, but I am being objective.

Virtually no one outside of Liverpool fans are saying it was a sending off. When beign objective, I realize it was a bpoor decision. That challenge would never warrant a yellow card.

We were lucky with both sending offs menaing we played 90 mins agaisnt 10 men. That is fact. I am glad the sending offs happened, but if we are being objective, it helped us a lot. Hey, Man Utd always get favourable decisions by the ref especially at Old Trafford. It's nothing new. We had fortune on our side for once.

I understand fans are biased to their own team. That is not a problem. But I can't stand when fans are blinded by their own bias. Liverpoool fans on here are so paranoid. The video that the guy posted said that Cech was taller than Reina and that menas the guy favours Chelsea over us? Or when Gray said last night that Man Utd's move was great for the nuetrals to watch (which it was), that was somehow a shot at Liverpool.
Yari7

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion