Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Sissoko or alonso - Pick one

Sissoko
32%
Alonso
68%

Total votes : 107

Postby redmikey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:36 pm

grayghost wrote:Bit of a stupid question if you ask me there is no comprasion Alonso is twice the player.

Sissko is ok but still has a long way to inprove if he wants to be a regular now with the new players in.

no a stupid is question is who got to name the colours and why did they pick orange for orange  :rasp

this is a wierd question as they are different types of players but i picked alonso caz he is da nuts at passin de bal and talks da spainish lingo 2 da newbies , ezzi now boi, xabi is fenomiaaaaaaaaaaaaal
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Alonso with no need for long consideration. One can win the ball and that's about it, the other can pass, score, win the ball and do pretty much everything you expect a midfielder to do. In fact if you were to compare each and every skill possible I reckon Momo would win in one and not a lot more. I'd want at least £16m for Alonso to let him go, I'd like as much as possible for Sissoko but would sell him for maybe as little as £5m because unless he vastly improves he will always be too limited
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:03 pm

sissoko needs goals, otherwise he'll end up a rob jones-esque type player
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:08 pm

Judge wrote:sissoko needs goals, otherwise he'll end up a rob jones-esque type player

I'm not so bothered about lack of goals, Alonso doesn't score that many. What I want is a more complete footballer, winning the ball is a great asset but you need to do something with it. Alonso also can give the ball away, all midfielders do from time to time. But midfield is an important area for retaining possession through accurate passing, developing play through accurate passing and with some midfielders they also have the ability come vision to create. Once Sissoko has added to his repertoire he may become an asset, however he is behind Mascherano, Gerrard and Alonso for a central role in my view. We need a ball winner but the other three can all win the ball and do so much more.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:19 am

The Ace1983 wrote:What with all this talk of both Momo and Xabi being linked with other clubs, I was trying to think about: If I had to lose one, who would be the easiest to part with?
Momo has the tackling, but Xabi has the passing. Who would better compliment Stevie? So, you choose. Sissoko to Juve, or Alonso to Barca: Which one is easier to live with?
I just can't choose...

So do we vote for the player we'd rather lose or keep?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:09 am

Owzat wrote:
Judge wrote:sissoko needs goals, otherwise he'll end up a rob jones-esque type player

I'm not so bothered about lack of goals, Alonso doesn't score that many. What I want is a more complete footballer, winning the ball is a great asset but you need to do something with it. Alonso also can give the ball away, all midfielders do from time to time. But midfield is an important area for retaining possession through accurate passing, developing play through accurate passing and with some midfielders they also have the ability come vision to create. Once Sissoko has added to his repertoire he may become an asset, however he is behind Mascherano, Gerrard and Alonso for a central role in my view. We need a ball winner but the other three can all win the ball and do so much more.

Spot on.

Alonso is a very classy player, I rate him I do. But last season whether some people will admit it or not he did have a below par season.

Maybe he took the brunt of the critisim after some poor TEAM displays. Mainly because scoring and creating goals last season IMO were are achilles heel. Alonso himself doesnt create or score to many himself, yes he may start a move off. But not assist too much or as said score.

I know what his job in the team is to do, but like I said last season we looked devoid of ideas especially in midfield. As we always do we look to Gerrard to open something up, but when he couldnt I thought at least Alonso could venture forward a bit more and help out on that front.

Sissoko or Alonso, no surprise Alonso everytime. Lets just hope Xabi has a better season this time as Mascha looks ready and able to step into his boots and IMO possibly a better compliment for Gerrard himself, that is of course if Gerrard plays center for the majority of games.

Hopefully Babel and Yossi will provide the right balance of creativity and goals this coming season. If it goes pair shaped like it did last and will still look inept at going for the jugular against lesser opposition, it wont be Alonso taking the blame this time. The finger will rightly be pointed at Rafa and his buys, he can longer himself complain he's had the money, and he's spent it, whether he's spent it wisely only time will tell.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:16 am

I've read to a couple of posters that Liverpool seemed to have a lack of ideas and quite frankly I disagree, it's just a general idea but I do think LFC created plenty of chances yesteryear.

Of course there are games in which some teams put 10 men behind the ball and it's difficult to reach their goal, but it would be difficult for us, Manchester and the Brazilian squad if the work is well done.

We made several mistakes last year. We dropped points in the first games of the season due to not scoring and getting wrong the back four line often, situations that later on in the season were off side, were good plays because we didn't do well that back then (Carra's injury didn't help). Alonso was below his par the first two or three months, and in some odd games near January, but most of the time he was at his normal level.

The problem is that Alonso was very praised when he popped up and scored a superb goal from range and to expect that often leads to dissapointment, because he's asked to watch the back of the team, and thank god he does. WHen Mascherano plays instead of Alonso we'll see IMHO how he sacrifices himself aswell. But well we'll see what happens, let the league start!
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:42 pm

theres no need for a debate because they are both staying :D

i feel they both offer alot to the squad, brilliant at what they do, young, comitted players and i would be very sad to see either go
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Smeg » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:07 am

30 people picked Momo.

Shocking.
Smeg

Postby mungi » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:08 am

two different players. i reckon momo will be a monster in la liga or seria A where he has more time on the ball;. thats my opinion anyway
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:14 am

Penguins wrote:This a no brainer.

We are Liverpool football club. What is our ambition?
Will we be the team pushing, controlling play, be creative and using the possession to create goals?

YES

Is Momo needed in those games which includes 95% of all the games during the season?

NO

is Alonsos passing and vision good to have during most games to distribute the ball?

YES

Momo is only, and I repeat only good when facing barca, Arsenal, Chelski, Milan away where we have to disrupt their play and passing. we are not a destructive team normally and depend more on passing and skill.

And people can say "it was just one game" but please everyone watch the game vs Middlesbrough at home this season.
you can blame a lot of things, but he made simple mistakes practically every minute when he had the ball.
Every attack broke down when he got the ball.
He gave the ball away almost everytime with poor passes.

We need attacking midfielders and skilled midfielders, we have enough of players than don't create and score enough.

momo is 22 give him 3 years he will be twices as good as alonso trust me he just needs to pick up some passing skills and he will be a force in the prem due to his pure power.

He reminds me so much of keane of man u its unreal he just need a bit more practice with his passing and he be the perfect defensive midfielder.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:23 am

people seem to forget that he is only 22 thats very young for the area of the pitch he plays midfield is one of the hardest areas of a pitch to learn , A midfielder needs to have alot more skills perfected he has to be able to pass , have vision , score , good heading , good tackle , be strong on the ball , have a Great stamina , and very good level of Drive.

He is 22 and i dont think you can exspect him to have a complete game yet what he does do that perfect is Win the ball , has endless energy , super strong , good vision( tho he cant pass that well to take advange of this yet) , And a strong head.

3 years you start seeing a top prem player mark my words  :grinning:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:56 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:The poll is badly set up, as we see people are voting for who they would be happiest to lose, and who they want to keep in the same thread.

Would hate to lose Alonso right now, we dont have anyone who can do what he does.

Sissoko is improved upon by Javier in my humble opinion.

i agree that i'd hate to see alonso leave which is change of heart for me because after the manure game last season i did briefly call for him to go (heat of the moment response)

but i disagree that we don't have anyone to do the same role. Mascherano can do the job alonso does and i think we'll see rafa rotate them in that role once he feels macherano has had a good rest after the copa.
Rimetto_

Postby MightyLFC » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:33 am

I chose alonso becasue sisoko gives the ball away to much !
MightyLFC

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Im still waiting on Xabi to get back to 2005 level. It strange that a player who strikes the ball so well and with precision ( while passing or lobbing from 60 yards ) has such a poor shot. I believe we will be a better team with the chief in the middle next to Gerrard.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion