Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Sissoko or alonso - Pick one

Sissoko
32%
Alonso
68%

Total votes : 107

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:17 pm

I thought it was Scouse accent. Anyway, I've decided to do my best, and I promise to check and double check the post before submitting it. It won't remove all the mistakes nor the grammar, nor the lost in translation mistakes, but it will help :laugh:

There's a mistake I see that it's useful though!! For instance when I read yous, which isn't correct english as far as I was taught, but definitely solves the ambiguity of who I'm referring!! If I say , you don't understand, it means you, but yous is useful to say it's more than one!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:19 pm

Even worse, the two combined:

i woz wonderin y their woz ppl sayin he had a phoneminellyelltellybazingdooda gr8 game coz all he did woz score a goal , boyacasha!

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:24 pm

Sabre wrote:I thought it was Scouse accent. Anyway, I've decided to do my best, and I promise to check and double check the post before submitting it. It won't remove all the mistakes nor the grammar, nor the lost in translation mistakes, but it will help :laugh:

There's a mistake I see that it's useful though!! For instance when I read yous, which isn't correct english as far as I was taught, but definitely solves the ambiguity of who I'm referring!! If I say , you don't understand, it means you, but yous is useful to say it's more than one!

There are local variances in how we say things, like "yous" would be considered Glasweigan vernacular i.e. "Who yous talkin' tae ya wee fecker?"

I can understand these but there are some spelling mistakes that I just can't help but laugh my ars,e off at, like "two stupid" for example from Stu!
LFC2007

Postby europian-kings » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:25 am

i picked xabi.
sissoko will get better i rekon but at the moment he gives the ball away, cant score for anything lol and although he hasn't been sent off yet, whenever he is on a yewllow card and carries on diving in i get skids in my pants :p
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby SoppMeister » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:40 am

Xabi hands down but I do think Sissoko serves a purpose. Whilst he may not bring a lot to the table in terms of technique and class but there are games throughout the season when that goes out the window and you need to dig deep to win. Granted, he loses the ball a lot but he also wins it a fair bit and puts in the effort, I wouldn't put him in any starting line-up but it's a good option to have.
SoppMeister

Postby europian-kings » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:38 am

agreed.
he is a good team player and no doubt will play many game this year, expecially against the bottom half of table teams.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby benf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:25 am

Alonso because of his long range efforts
benf

Postby lfcseb » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:28 am

alonso is better all round
lfcseb

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:01 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I can understand the yanks, Sabre and the other foreign fans, but bloody hell some of the spelling on here is abysmal!

How many times do you see there, they're and their in the wrong place?! The same with your and you're!

O f.cuk ffo uoy pmooups tawt !
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby heimdall » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:35 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I can understand the yanks, Sabre and the other foreign fans, but bloody hell some of the spelling on here is abysmal!

How many times do you see there, they're and their in the wrong place?! The same with your and you're!

:D  :D
heimdall

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:39 pm

I actually think we have too many midfielders.

Gerrard
Alonso
Mascherano
Kewell
Pennant
Sissoko
Leiva
Leto

Add to this lot Babel (wide midfielder cum striker)
Add possibly another top notch winger (Quaresma/Mancini/Simao)

If we assume Leto won't really get a look in just yet (possibly a faulty assumption, but that's how I see it) I still don't see how on earth we're going to accommodate all of our players, even taking the potential new arrivals such as Babel/Quaresma out of the equation.

I think we may have made an error by not selling Sissoko (unless we are hedging our bets with Mascherano's long term being undecided). Not that I've got it in for Sissoko, but £10M in the coffers might turn out to have been an opportunity missed if he value diminished and his development stalls due to not playing nearly enough (this might easily be applied to one or two other midfielders we have, just in case anybody thinks I'm singling out Big Mo).

Perhaps in January we might see one or even two shipped out, giving Rafa time to look at how the newbies settle.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Penguins » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:20 pm

That's what I've been saying for a long time now.

Especially when almost all off them sees themselves as 1st team regulars and nothing else.

Either there is going to be alot of dissapointed faces during the season or Rafa will have to chop and change every other game just to accommodate everyone.

If for example masch and gerrard perform well I want them to form a partnership for quite a while and not get the
"thank you for your great effort, now take a seat on the bench"

Like Crouch last season as an example.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:54 pm

Bamaga man wrote:

:laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:39 pm

stmichael wrote:I actually think we have too many midfielders.

Gerrard
Alonso
Mascherano
Kewell
Pennant
Sissoko
Leiva
Leto

Add to this lot Babel (wide midfielder cum striker)
Add possibly another top notch winger (Quaresma/Mancini/Simao)

If we assume Leto won't really get a look in just yet (possibly a faulty assumption, but that's how I see it) I still don't see how on earth we're going to accommodate all of our players, even taking the potential new arrivals such as Babel/Quaresma out of the equation.

I think we may have made an error by not selling Sissoko (unless we are hedging our bets with Mascherano's long term being undecided). Not that I've got it in for Sissoko, but £10M in the coffers might turn out to have been an opportunity missed if he value diminished and his development stalls due to not playing nearly enough (this might easily be applied to one or two other midfielders we have, just in case anybody thinks I'm singling out Big Mo).

Perhaps in January we might see one or even two shipped out, giving Rafa time to look at how the newbies settle.

Well, we thought Hamann was surplus to requirements last year and then Sissoko got injured.  The year before we had Sissoko out for a significant spell again with injury and the year before that both Gerrard and Alonso spent a lot of time on the sidelines.  Whenever people worry about over-rotation and keeping everyone happy in deep positions like CM, how come nobody discusses the possibility of injuries and the need to have quality cover readily available?    ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby grayghost » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:23 pm

Bit of a stupid question if you ask me there is no comprasion Alonso is twice the player.

Sissko is ok but still has a long way to inprove if he wants to be a regular now with the new players in.
grayghost

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion