SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 am

damjan193 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:46 pm wrote:9th clean sheet this season for Mign and 5th away clean sheet in a row, something that hasn't happened for us for 49 years! Definitely turned his season around this lad, take a bow Mignolet  :bowdown

Also, for the blind NBC commentator, here you go lad, I'm never watching your stupid channel again!

Been really impressed with him since he returned to the team, I thought that save from the free kick was excellent, it looked easy but it came through a crowd of players at pace and he held onto it. What did the NBC commentator say then.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:51 am

There was an interview article a few weeks back where he credited his fiance for helping him turn his form around. He admitted that he was over thinking during games and that when the ball comes in he was going through his mind the best way to deal with it and ends up losing alot of time. He said that it was during the boxing day game when he let a back pass concede a corner,  and after the game his fiance asked him whether he was thinking too much. He then realised he may just be doing that and approached the goalkeeper coach, who agreed with his fiance's assessment. So now he decided to do what comes naturally to him first instinctively.

After reading that article, he seems like a great and honest guy and greatly changed my impression on him. The self reflection and willingness to improve are great qualities. Well done Simon!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 pm

maguskwt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:51 am wrote:There was an interview article a few weeks back where he credited his fiance for helping him turn his form around. He admitted that he was over thinking during games and that when the ball comes in he was going through his mind the best way to deal with it and ends up losing alot of time. He said that it was during the boxing day game when he let a back pass concede a corner,  and after the game his fiance asked him whether he was thinking too much. He then realised he may just be doing that and approached the goalkeeper coach, who agreed with his fiance's assessment. So now he decided to do what comes naturally to him first instinctively.

After reading that article, he seems like a great and honest guy and greatly changed my impression on him. The self reflection and willingness to improve are great qualities. Well done Simon!

We should get his bird on staff!
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby andy_g » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:15 pm

RedAnt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:51 am wrote:There was an interview article a few weeks back where he credited his fiance for helping him turn his form around. He admitted that he was over thinking during games and that when the ball comes in he was going through his mind the best way to deal with it and ends up losing alot of time. He said that it was during the boxing day game when he let a back pass concede a corner,  and after the game his fiance asked him whether he was thinking too much. He then realised he may just be doing that and approached the goalkeeper coach, who agreed with his fiance's assessment. So now he decided to do what comes naturally to him first instinctively.

i don't fancy her much

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:34 pm

andy_g » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:15 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 pm wrote:

i don't fancy her much

Now we know who puts the Ming in Mingolet anyway.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Since January 1st, Simon Mignolet has made 14 punches (the most in Europe's top 5 leagues).

Only 1 clean sheet behind Fraser Forster now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Boocity » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:35 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:46 pm wrote:9th clean sheet this season for Mign and 5th away clean sheet in a row, something that hasn't happened for us for 49 years! Definitely turned his season around this lad, take a bow Mignolet  :bowdown

Also, for the blind NBC commentator, here you go lad, I'm never watching your stupid channel again!

Been really impressed with him since he returned to the team, I thought that save from the free kick was excellent, it looked easy but it came through a crowd of players at pace and he held onto it. What did the NBC commentator say then.

It was about the situation on the picture (my picture can be seen I hope?). The commentator was clearly not happy with the fact that we were leading so it was a bit hard to listen to him but it really ***** me off when Mignolet made that save at the edge of the penalty box and the commentator went ape-shit about it "THAT WAS OUTSIDE THE BOX, THAT WAS OUTSIDE THE BOX!" while it was clear for me even on the dodgy stream that Mign didn't even catch it with his hands, it clearly struck him on the chest. The idiot didn't want to admit it even after the slow-mo and he was surprised that the people from the studio thought that there was no foul there.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:51 am

Fair dues, Mignolet has improved considerably these past few games and he was excellent against Southampton.

I think having a more settled defence has helped too, as Mig seems less prone to panic and make daft mistakes, although his communication still needs work.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:34 am

I think he has improved a lot and deserves the credit for that.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:29 pm

Now that Simon has regained his confidence and his form has gone through the roof, one of best in league now in my opinion, thought i would share this interesting graphical statistic

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:10 pm

A greater willingness to dominate his penalty area has been a crucial factor in Simon Mignolet's 'outstanding' 2015 form, believes Brendan Rodgers.

The Belgian was at his best against Blackburn Rovers last week to help Liverpool book a spot in the FA Cup semi-finals and a trip to Wembley to face Aston Villa.

Mignolet's reactions and reflexes kept out the Championship side and allowed the custodian to secure an 11th clean sheet of the calendar year.

But it's the No.22's command of the box and decision-making that has most pleased Rodgers since January, when everything began to change for the goalkeeper.

"Simon's always been an outstanding 'keeper but like all players he went through a difficult moment," the boss commented. "His response to that has been outstanding. He's stayed very calm.

"He's stuck to his game and analysed his game and I think you can see his performance level now is back up to the level that he would want and what we would want. He's been outstanding.

"He made two great saves against Blackburn the other night. That's a big strength of his - he's a brilliant shot-stopper. He's shown in this last three months what a really good 'keeper he is.

"It's just continual work with him on domination. What we say to the outfield players is the same with the goalkeeper - be dominant.

"I'd always rather have a goalkeeper come out and make a mistake than not come out. A 'keeper that just stands on the line, I don't like. I like one who can be aggressive, come and command his box and punch the ball. Sometimes he'll make a mistake but I will take that.

"But he's made very few and you see him now, he'll come out and put his fist on it, he's aggressive and that's the improvement he's made, which has been great. It's just the mentality. You can over-think sometimes, I think he's mentioned that himself.

"The number of chats we had were to reinforce his quality and remind him why we brought him here. Then it's about delivering that on the stage. Now he's much more fluent and instinctive in how he thinks."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Now has the most clean sheets in the league along with Forster. Considering Forster is out for the rest of the season, it's safe to expect Mign to win the golden glove.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 12, 2015 12:04 pm

Simon has won player of the year

Simon Mignolet thanked supporters for sticking by him after he was crowned Player of the Year by the Liverpool Former Players Association.

The Belgian keeper received the award in front of an array of Kop legends at Monday night’s gala dinner at the Hilton.

It was recognition for the remarkable manner in which Mignolet has transformed his Reds career.

A slump in form resulted in him being dropped back in December but when Brad Jones suffered a thigh injury Mignolet grabbed his shot at redemption.

With 14 clean sheets in the Premier League, he’s leading the way to land the prestigious Golden Glove.

“Sometimes it can be a lonely place being a keeper but at this club there are always a lot of people supporting you,” he said.

“The coaching staff and my team-mates have always been behind me and that makes it a lot easier.

“I want to thank the supporters for always being behind me. I will keep their support in my head going forward

“I’d like to thank the committee of legends for voting for me.

“No-one would have thought this earlier in the season and neither would I.

“I received a lot of criticism but I’ve also had a lot of praise from people inside this room.

“What I’ve learned this season going forward is that when you get criticism and praise you need to deal with it the same way.

“The only thing you can do is keep your head down, work hard and show on the pitch what you can do.”
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Think this thread needs a boot as Mig has been brilliant these past three games. Showing leadership, taking command of his box and telling defenders what to do.

3 games and three clean sheets. Well in big Mig.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:03 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:02 pm wrote:Think this thread needs a boot as Mig has been brilliant these past three games. Showing leadership, taking command of his box and telling defenders what to do.

3 games and three clean sheets. Well in big Mig.

:nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion