Simao - Will sign soon

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shanks » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:38 pm

well listerning to Lisbon Red if Simao is as good as he says lets hope rafa gets is man :glare:
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:16 am

A descent player that is worth about 6-7million nothing more. A winger like him needs pace and the ability to dribble past players. Simao is not slow but not fast enough and he is hardly an excellent dribbler. He is also physically weak which will hurt him a lot in the EPL:
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby stoney » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:21 am

Kukilon wrote:A descent player that is worth about 6-7million nothing more. A winger like him needs pace and the ability to dribble past players. Simao is not slow but not fast enough and he is hardly an excellent dribbler. He is also physically weak which will hurt him a lot in the EPL:

I take it you've never seen Simao play
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:25 am

stoney wrote:
Kukilon wrote:A descent player that is worth about 6-7million nothing more. A winger like him needs pace and the ability to dribble past players. Simao is not slow but not fast enough and he is hardly an excellent dribbler. He is also physically weak which will hurt him a lot in the EPL:

Yup lots of times. I spent many games watching him while he played at Barca. He is not what we need.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:31 am

Well it's intersting how people have different opinions about him. Luis Garcia is hardly ''physical'' but he's managed to score 20 goals thus far at the club.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:32 am

Kukilon wrote:
stoney wrote:

Yup lots of times. I spent many games watching him while he played at Barca. He is not what we need.

Mate to be fair, he was fairly young at Barcelona, young and unexperienced. Riquelme played for Barcelona but didn't have the best of times there, look at him now.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kukilon » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:35 am

Haven't seen him for awhile so that may be true. Back then he was :censored: poor.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:50 am

It's unfair to judge him now isn't it? Not all players start doing good in an early stage of their careers
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:52 am

A.B. wrote:It's unfair to judge him now isn't it? Not all players start doing good in an early stage of their careers

Agreed, example: Viera!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:17 am

i`ve seen him a few times on the telly playing for portugal and i agree with you, he just falls over when anyone goes near him and just rolls around with one hand in the air until someone kicks the ball out of play or the ref blows up.
if rafa buys him i`ll back him because he`s a liverpool player, but i really hope we dont buy him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:06 am

Mate to be fair, he was fairly young at Barcelona, young and unexperienced. Riquelme played for Barcelona but didn't have the best of times there, look at him now.

Correct A.B. but, when you saw Riquelme you knew that he was a world class player or that he had the potential to be. It's just that it's not the same to play well in a shaky Barcelona with it's media and crowd unsettled, and with a team that is not working and to play in nowadays Barcelona. He never had the trust of the coach, or so it seemed.

This is not to imply I think it's not a good signing, I think he is, because we lack that position, but I just wanted to set the line between a good player like Simao, and a top class player like Riquelme (in different positions, of course). Simao was brought to Barcelona because that shaky Barcelona bought the hype that were selling in Portugal "The New Figo".  not quite.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:13 am

less people in england knew much about henry when he was in juventus, reyes when he was in spain, or even alonso before he came here but what an impact these players make now the their clubs respectively. Maybe simao did not shine back then but it could happen the other way round here. On the contrary, we also saw good players like josemi, nunez who played beautiful football at their home country but failed to make it big here.
The point is players individually do play good football but can they play with the team?. Nederlands squad is full of stars but failed to work as a team and so is Spain (sorry sabre, thats the way i look at it).
I hope Simao can play best football around gerrard, alonso, kewell and the rest of the team.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:06 pm

Nederlands squad is full of stars but failed to work as a team and so is Spain (sorry sabre, thats the way i look at it).

Oh that's very kind. In the last WC, the hype thought we were going to do a great WC, and a famous shout was created for them "Go there, and don't come without it (the cup)".

Well... :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:19 pm

primodua wrote:less people in england knew much about henry when he was in juventus, reyes when he was in spain, or even alonso before he came here but what an impact these players make now the their clubs respectively. Maybe simao did not shine back then but it could happen the other way round here. On the contrary, we also saw good players like josemi, nunez who played beautiful football at their home country but failed to make it big here.
The point is players individually do play good football but can they play with the team?. Nederlands squad is full of stars but failed to work as a team and so is Spain (sorry sabre, thats the way i look at it).
I hope Simao can play best football around gerrard, alonso, kewell and the rest of the team.

I dont think that Reyes has been a good signing for the money they paid Id expect more from him myself
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:13 pm

Sabre wrote:
Nederlands squad is full of stars but failed to work as a team and so is Spain (sorry sabre, thats the way i look at it).

Oh that's very kind. In the last WC, the hype thought we were going to do a great WC, and a famous shout was created for them "Go there, and don't come without it (the cup)".

Well... :D

Do you reckon that Spain has a stronger team than the last WC?

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion