Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Well we're looking for right wingers, not left one's :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:39 am

there has been rumours that Simao's 'knee injury' was just a cover for him being dropped after telling the media that he wants out.....there's no mistake about it, the lad told the Press he wants to move to a bigger club and it didn't go down well with their fans.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:08 am

Simao would certainly seem to be a lot more likely than any move for Jaoquin. I know he is not one to talk about tranfer targets (thankfully) Rafa has always rejected any assertions that he is looking to bring in Jaoquin. I know Betis are in a pretty desperate position at the moment and are on the look out for someone to score the goals that can save them from relegation. I dare say Jaoquin could be got for a reasonable price however it's hard to believe any deal could happen with so few rumours in the tabloids.

Transfers (at least the big ones) are all conducted in the press in the press these days. A rumour might start in one paper, the next day it's in two or three and (if it's going to happen) it makes just about all of them within 4 to 5 days.

I haven't seen enough of Simao play to really make a real judgement. He looks like a player who can do a bit of everything, intelligent player, some pace, decent dribbling ability, good crosser and excellent at set-pieces. I am worried it will take him some time to acclimatise and he does look to be similar in many ways to Smicer.

I don't think it will happen but i would be delighted if we went out and signed Malbranque. I guess he would cost 5-6 mill. Coleman wouldn't want to sell him but they would have to because he said recently he really wants to get to a big club. With Kewell finding some form + a renewed bid for Gonzalez's work permit that would leave us in good shape on both flanks.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:32 am

Scottbot I understand your concerns but Melbranque isn't a right winger, he's a right midfielder/central midfielder. We might as well keep on playing Gerrard on the wing.

This season he's played on the wing and had some erratic
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby primodua » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:26 am

Garymac wrote:By the way who is your Source??

5 pints of lager, 3 shots of whiskey, 2 rolls of joint... do the math

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:36 am

7_Kewell wrote:Sorry, but this isn't a rumour.  Heard from two sources that its a done deal  and Simao is a Liverpool player.  A fee has been agreed but Benfica and Liverpool are now just sorting out the payments details.  it's going to be around 8-10 million, with the fee varying on apparences and other performance related stuff.

you heard it here first  :)

Will Sign Soon, is he the Japanese international ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:10 am

Leon, ur being sarcastic abt asking if he was a japanese international or not right? :D

if ur not, no he isn't japanese he is portoguese

Cheers
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tiki » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:29 pm

If like a portuguese newspaper said...benfica try d'Alessandro...i am sure simao is leaving...to buy a player like D'Alessandro is necessary have money :) And he can play like a L.W. and nº 10. I think is the last possibility...or he stay at benfica
Cheers from Portugal
tiki

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:32 pm

metalhead wrote:Leon, ur being sarcastic abt asking if he was a japanese international or not right? :D

if ur not, no he isn't japanese he is portoguese

Cheers

apt name metalhead.

Are you foreign?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:33 pm

yeh effes, im lebanese  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lisbon Red » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:29 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Sorry, but this isn't a rumour.  Heard from two sources that its a done deal  and Simao is a Liverpool player.  A fee has been agreed but Benfica and Liverpool are now just sorting out the payments details.  it's going to be around 8-10 million, with the fee varying on apparences and other performance related stuff.

you heard it here first  :)

Will Sign Soon, is he the Japanese international ?

Sounds Korean to me...
Lisbon Red

Postby Lisbon Red » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:20 pm

The fact that Benfica's president said Simao's not leaving doesn't mean... Simao's not leaving. I think this is all part of his negociation strategy and he's only trying to put the pressure on Liverpool's side. This kind of money is important to Benfica and (if it really is £10mn) I don't know if we should refuse it (or if our bankers would allow us to refuse it...). Anyway, he's clearly said previously that Simao has a price (I don't know how much) and if that price is met than he will let Simao go (now we have 3 new players that can play in his position, though neither is as good as Simao...). But if the price is not met... then we'll survive...
As for Simao, I think he wants to leave. Not because Liverpool is a bigger club but because the Premier League is MUCH bigger than the Portuguese league and SPECIALLY because he would earn easily twice as much as he does here (is salary in Benfica should be £70-90k/month).
Anyway, I think Simao is a great player and would be very useful to Liverpool (I've read another topic where you're saying you need a guy for free kicks as well... don't look any farther...) and would easily adapt to the Premiership.
I still hope he doesn't go though.
Lisbon Red

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:47 pm

Welcome Lisbon red, we appreciate the insight on Simao.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 72-1136150807 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:28 pm

I second that, found that quite informative to be honest!
72-1136150807

Postby dward » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:24 pm

:sorry, wrong topic:
Last edited by dward on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion