Simao - Will sign soon

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:36 am

Effes wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Apparently Rafa wants to bring in a striker however this won't happen untill summer and he is looking at E'too. Baring in mind Henry is going to leave Arsenal this might not be so unrealistic.

This is the maddest thing on this thread.

Eto'o leaving Barca after all the goals he's scoring.
ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!
Even if they get Henry.

Bonkers!

Eto'o would cost way too much, be didn't he come from Tenerife? did he play while Rafa was there?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:39 am

As a few have said, Kewell 7 is not known for talking tosh so true or not, I believe he has been told it by someone who has some inside knowledge that it may be so. I'm afraid the Wizard has shot his bolt as far as predictions are concerned. Telling us yesterday that the signing of Agger was imminent was akin to King Canute telling us that the tide will come in sometime. I just hope he doesn't go for the "told you so" angle, or even worse the after the event edit. Just so we all know, it's Pongolle to Betis and Joaquin to Anfield. News of this will be on the telly this aft'. We'll see.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:42 am

im gonna stick with the independant story myself and say simao is comnig first. dunno about joaquin, havent heard anything about it anywhere apart from rumours on ehre, but the independnt is one of the more reputable sources so im going for that
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:51 am

that benfica chairman makes me fecking laugh   we will sell him if a big offer comes in,  no he is not going anywhere, the fact that no club have come in with a big bid is good news for liverpool,  the truth is no one will meet there so called 11 million or what ever it is, so this is now all down to rafa..if rafa wants his man..the deal will go ahead...simao has made it clear he wants to leave...unless another team shows real interest in simao they will be forced to sell to liverpool if rafa wants it  ???   :cool:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:55 am

I agree.
SkySports and others reckon Man U are interested. But they've blown there money on Vidic me thinks.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:33 am

7_Kewell wrote:well word is out now......but at least you heard it here first!  :)
a Kewell 7 exclusive

Yes, we didnt half hear it from you 1st??
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:38 am

Paul C wrote:
Effes wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Apparently Rafa wants to bring in a striker however this won't happen untill summer and he is looking at E'too. Baring in mind Henry is going to leave Arsenal this might not be so unrealistic.

This is the maddest thing on this thread.

Eto'o leaving Barca after all the goals he's scoring.
ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!
Even if they get Henry.

Bonkers!

Eto'o would cost way too much, be didn't he come from Tenerife? did he play while Rafa was there?  ???

Real Mallorca
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:49 pm

bigmick wrote:As a few have said, Kewell 7 is not known for talking tosh so true or not, I believe he has been told it by someone who has some inside knowledge that it may be so. I'm afraid the Wizard has shot his bolt as far as predictions are concerned. Telling us yesterday that the signing of Agger was imminent was akin to King Canute telling us that the tide will come in sometime. I just hope he doesn't go for the "told you so" angle, or even worse the after the event edit. Just so we all know, it's Pongolle to Betis and Joaquin to Anfield. News of this will be on the telly this aft'. We'll see.

yeah thats basically the case, except i heard the same thing from 2 sources.  I normally wouldn't post stuff like this, but until this morning, it hadn't been reported and I thought it might be a nice little revelation for this place.  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:21 pm

i have justed looked on benficas fc web site they president said Simao, is not going any were till end of season,but they again money talks :D
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:54 pm

Unless something is concluded in the next few days Rafa will forget about Simao. Rafa will go for Srna or Malbranque
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benfica » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:41 pm

I hardly believe Simão will leave Benfica by less than 15 million of euros(I don't know how many pound this is,may be 10...).We aren't desperated to sell him,as you think,nor he is desperated to get out - he is our captain and I'm sure he wouldn't mind to stay till the end of the season.Moreover,we are in the Champions League(I'm sure that if we weren't,Simão would leave Benfica this Winter).
Benfica

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:44 pm

The Benfica chairman has talked alot. First he said that he and Simao had a ''gentleman's agreement'' about him leaving in January. Now he says that he isn't going anywhere.

Some reports are claiming that we're making a bid for Simao and  Liverpool Echo says that we're no longer interested.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:45 pm

bavlondon wrote:Unless something is concluded in the next few days Rafa will forget about Simao. Rafa will go for Srna or Malbranque

I'd love to see Srna here, although this is a biased opinion.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Benfica » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:11 pm

A.B. wrote:The Benfica chairman has talked alot. First he said that he and Simao had a ''gentleman's agreement'' about him leaving in January. Now he says that he isn't going anywhere.

Some reports are claiming that we're making a bid for Simao and  Liverpool Echo says that we're no longer interested.

It seems to me certain that Liverpool is still interested in Simão.However,I think you won't put more than 8/9m£ in the table.So,I'm beginning to believe he will continue in Benfica unless Liverpool raises its offer(something I disbelieve because I've heard you're already looking for other left wingers) - our chairman has already said that Simão has a price and there's a limit to say 'yes'.

I wish tomorrow was the 31st of January :D
Benfica

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:24 pm

Benfica wrote:It seems to me certain that Liverpool is still interested in Simão.However,I think you won't put more than 8/9m£ in the table.So,I'm beginning to believe he will continue in Benfica unless Liverpool raises its offer(something I disbelieve because I've heard you're already looking for other left wingers) - our chairman has already said that Simão has a price and there's a limit to say 'yes'.

I wish tomorrow was the 31st of January :D

The thing is though Ben, Simao was all set on coming to Liverpool in the last transfer window, and no disrespect mate but Liverpool are a bigger club than Benfica.
Maybe he wants a fresh challenge and would like to come to the prem and play for Liverpool, but in tonights local paper Rafa has said he will NOT be dragged into a bidding war for a player nor pay over the odds.
In the summer window he will have ran down six months more of his contract, he is cup tied now so we wont pay over 10 million pounds for him.

Its basicaly up to Simao now what he wants to do, whether he wants to come and play for the euro champs or stay in Portugal?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion