Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:38 pm

ok :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby homemsumol » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:18 pm

Luis Filipe Vieira, president of SLB has said that simão will not leave the club untill the end of the season.

There are rumours that it is so because simão is already linked with either Liverpool or Chelsea (noone knows for sure) and since neither team could use him in the LC he will remain at Benfica untill the end of the season.

E PLURIBUS UNUM
homemsumol

Postby darwisigila » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:08 pm

benfica need simao money than liverpool need simao.......
darwisigila

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:13 am

Simao is not coming after all, and if my sources are correct.. Kewell_7 is full of sh1t!!!!

Simao to remain with Benfica
By James Pearson -  Created on 26 Jan 2006

Liverpool have held a long-standing interest in the former Barcelona flyer, while Manchester United and Chelsea have also been tipped as suitors for the 26-year-old.

The Merseysiders were close to landing Simao last summer, but despite reportedly agreeing a fee in the region of £10.2 million, the Portuguese club opted out of the deal.

Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira has confirmed Simao, who is contracted till 2010, will remain at Estadio da Luz as no suitable offers have been received.

The club are refusing to comment on things that have happened between themselves and the player, but that he will be staying with them.

"Simao is a Benfica player until 2010," explained Vieira. "What has happened till now, by both Benfica and the player, will not be revealed.

"The only thing we can say with certainty is that Simao will remain at Benfica until the end of the season."
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:36 am

el_stinger wrote:Simao is not coming after all, and if my sources are correct.. Kewell_7 is full of sh1t!!!!

Liverpool have held a long-standing interest in the former Barcelona flyer, while Manchester United and Chelsea have also been tipped as suitors for the 26-year-old.

The Merseysiders were close to landing Simao last summer, but despite reportedly agreeing a fee in the region of £10.2 million, the Portuguese club opted out of the deal.

Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira has confirmed Simao, who is contracted till 2010, will remain at Estadio da Luz as no suitable offers have been received.

The club are refusing to comment on things that have happened between themselves and the player, but that he will be staying with them.

"Simao is a Benfica player until 2010," explained Vieira. "What has happened till now, by both Benfica and the player, will not be revealed.

"The only thing we can say with certainty is that Simao will remain at Benfica until the end of the season."

Theres too many people trying to be like welsh wizzard and for what reason, seeing as none of welshys predictions come good, i do not know  :D
Last edited by stoney on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:44 am

finally this rumour can end :buttrock
Last edited by mighty mo on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:26 am

el_stinger wrote:Simao is not coming after all, and if my sources are correct.. Kewell_7 is full of sh1t!!!!

nice use of English there.....and your sources being what you read in the press?  i just said what i'd been told by friends who work 'in' the press and said it was coming....i've openly said i'll happily bring up this thread on the 1st of Feb and accept i was wrong.  but please, don't get abusive. :no
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:36 am

It's been on SSN aswell.

He's staying put, the silly a*se.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:03 am

7_Kewell wrote:

nice use of English there.....and your sources being what you read in the press?  i just said what i'd been told by friends who work 'in' the press and said it was coming....i've openly said i'll happily bring up this thread on the 1st of Feb and accept i was wrong.  but please, don't get abusive. :no

Its not abusive, lol, I called you up from the start, and you didn't let up. You make a statement like that, you'll get burnt. Be careful in the future.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby homemsumol » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:01 pm

Simão will leave at the end of the season to chelsea for a fee beetwen 20 and 24 millions euros. Chelsea will also get priority in Nelson and Manuel Fernandes in future signings.

E PLURIBUS UNUM
homemsumol

Postby drummerphil » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:06 pm

Chelsea have posted today losses of 140 million,to me it all stinks surely the FA should step in and do something.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:36 pm

drummerphil wrote:Chelsea have posted today losses of 140 million,to me it all stinks surely the FA should step in and do something.

Sky's resident knobhead Chelsea "financial expert" was trying to make out these figures weren't too bad last night. This morning on the radio one of the investment bankers who helped put Abramovich into Chelsea was making it clear that they can't meet their break-even long term target until they increase their income substantiallly by building a far bigger stadium and fillling it every week.

The truth is they're hopelessly insolvent without Abramovich's support and that isn't going to change in the future.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:06 pm

el_stinger wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

Its not abusive, lol, I called you up from the start, and you didn't let up. You make a statement like that, you'll get burnt. Be careful in the future.

that's because i trust the people who told me....and i still stand by it...if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. i'll happily admit it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 am

Think we are missing out on Simao if we dont buy him..We're still in need of a RM and its a shame we aren't going to sign him by the looks of it....Unless of course we have joaquin lined up in the summer then that would be better :p
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:49 am

kewell you have nothing to be sorry about, your frends were not that far off the mark  it just came down to the massive fee benfica wanted for simao  and rafa thought in the end it was to much, also joaquin in the summer also bears another reason behind the doomed deal for simao...lets wait and see  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion