Simao - Will sign soon

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:40 pm

No matter what the finances of Abramovich are i would be astounded if Chelsea bought Simao for almost double what we are offering...just to halt our progression.

I am certain that it is Benfica trying to bump up the price again.

Like many have said, i am not even sure he is worth the 8 million quoted initially anyway.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:47 pm

I say we keep benfica and Chelski thinking we're interested in Simao. Hopefully Chelski will buy him and in the summer we will have a chance to get Joaquin in. That would wipe the :censored: smile off Maureens face. :p
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:04 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:I say we keep benfica and Chelski thinking we're interested in Simao. Hopefully Chelski will buy him and in the summer we will have a chance to get Joaquin in. That would wipe the :censored: smile off Maureens face. :p

he's off to Real Madrid i reacon
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:07 pm

You look a complete :censored: now, Welsh Wizard mark II :D
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:10 pm

stu_the_red wrote:You look a complete :censored: now, Welsh Wizard mark II :D

Stu....i've said what 've been told....if you actually read what i said.  Speaking of looking silly, didn't you say Kewell was a waste of space and would never play for Liverpool again  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:11 pm

yeah stu :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:22 pm

I said he shouldn't play for the club again, not that he wouldn't. I still wouldn't shed a tear if he left, he's had enough chances. I was EXTREMELY annoyed with him after last year, he was a waste of space.

His attitude has changed for the better this season though. I've acknowledged that more than once and hindsight is a wonderfull thing. He did not deserve the support he's received. He still doesn't, again though as i've said, he's earning it back which is a good thing for both him and the club.

Come the end of the season and he's performing like this still and putting this amount of effort in, he will have earnt ONE last chance. He's really burnt his bridges with ALOT of fans though and he's got alot of work to do to win people over. His performances lately have been excellent, even when he's not been involved on the ball, he's worked hard.

I stand by what i said at the time and am not ashamed at the fact he's trying to prove one or two people wrong. Infact i'm very happy of that and hope he shoves those words down my throat.

I've never doubted his ability... :)
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:26 am

stu_the_red wrote:I said he shouldn't play for the club again, not that he wouldn't. I still wouldn't shed a tear if he left, he's had enough chances. I was EXTREMELY annoyed with him after last year, he was a waste of space.

His attitude has changed for the better this season though. I've acknowledged that more than once and hindsight is a wonderfull thing. He did not deserve the support he's received. He still doesn't, again though as i've said, he's earning it back which is a good thing for both him and the club.

Come the end of the season and he's performing like this still and putting this amount of effort in, he will have earnt ONE last chance. He's really burnt his bridges with ALOT of fans though and he's got alot of work to do to win people over. His performances lately have been excellent, even when he's not been involved on the ball, he's worked hard.

I stand by what i said at the time and am not ashamed at the fact he's trying to prove one or two people wrong. Infact i'm very happy of that and hope he shoves those words down my throat.

I've never doubted his ability... :)

well, i'm impressed that you've admitted you were wrong.  Don't worry, if Simao doesn't become a LFC player by the 31st of Jan, I'll bring this thread  up and admit i was (advised) wrong  :)
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:33 am

Well we have way through the month and not a sniff yet
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:57 am

Dundalk wrote:Well we have way through the month and not a sniff yet

if it turns out to be total **ll*c*ks, i'' be the first to admit it....ti's just i was told this by the folks who told be about the BAros transfer to Villa a month before, so i thought it would be worth mentioning.....but as i've admitted, if its utter rubbish, i'll be the first to own up come the end of the month  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:26 am

Fair enough well we will see
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:30 am

SIMAU

not simao..........
darwisigila

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:53 am

SIMAU

:laugh:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby yOtA SLB » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:39 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:No matter what the finances of Abramovich are i would be astounded if Chelsea bought Simao for almost double what we are offering...just to halt our progression.

I am certain that it is Benfica trying to bump up the price again.

Like many have said, i am not even sure he is worth the 8 million quoted initially anyway.

You have the right to think that, of course. But you've got to understand something:

1) A lot of players (mostly from South America) use the Benfica name to get into the Portuguese league, or to get in a big brazilian club. Saying Benfica is interested when we are not, just to bump the price. So we know what that is, how imoral it is, and know not to do to others.

2) Simao is our star player. Our captain. Tiago went to chelsea 2 years ago for 10 million euros. Miguel went to valencia last summer for 8 million euros. And both of them didn't have half the value that Simao has. So, around the 20 million mark is the ONLY price Benfica will even consider selling. And that's only because we need the money. Benfica is not trying to play games, just play fair. It's the price we think he's worth, expecially in January with the CL and the WC to come.

That said, I hope you do get Simao (next summer). Since Liverpool is my 'english team' and hope you the best (except in the next CL game   :;): ) I want a win-win situation for both clubs. But if Liverpool doesn't think he's worth it than stop making bids.

Cheers,
yOtA SLB

Postby darwisigila » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:24 pm

win-win situation.......we win cl game against u and u keep simao.
darwisigila

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion