Simao will come - Says skysports too

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:46 pm

A.B. wrote:Even after the spitting incidents he got in trouble again recently with the law.

Yer the so called tea totaller knob has just been banned for drink driving  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:51 pm

Yup, and Fat Sam goes on about how he's tamed Diouf  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:59 am

I  don't get all this Simao and Gonzalez, they might be great signings but their both left footed, I'm sick of us buying players and playing them out of position, why can't we buy an out and out right winger rather than someone who can play on the left and 'can do a job' on the right.

If these two are left footed I can see Kewell's days being limited :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:18 am

Paul C wrote:I  don't get all this Simao and Gonzalez, they might be great signings but their both left footed, I'm sick of us buying players and playing them out of position, why can't we buy an out and out right winger rather than someone who can play on the left and 'can do a job' on the right.

Where'd you get the idea that Simao was left footed ??? Paul, I must have told you a million times now that Simao is a RIGHT winger who can also play on the left ala C. ronaldo  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:26 am

stoney wrote:
Paul C wrote:I  don't get all this Simao and Gonzalez, they might be great signings but their both left footed, I'm sick of us buying players and playing them out of position, why can't we buy an out and out right winger rather than someone who can play on the left and 'can do a job' on the right.

Where'd you get the idea that Simao was left footed ??? Paul, I must have told you a million times now that Simao is a RIGHT winger who can also play on the left ala C. ronaldo  :D

Oh right, I saw somewhere that he was left footed, in that case I'd be glad to see him arrive (for the right price).

We agreed the fee for him and he due to come over for a medical but as soon as the media got wind of it Benfica decided to bump the price up by a million which Rafa wasn't happy to pay.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:29 am

Yeah when the Benfica fans heard the news that their captain was being sold, there was outrage in the City which was why the deal for the initial fee collapsed.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:44 am

Ever hear of a two-footed player [i.e. Garcia]  :D . Simao sometimes plays on the left-wing for Benfica, but he is the right-winger.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:47 am

stoney wrote:Yeah when the Benfica fans heard the news that their captain was being sold, there was outrage in the City which was why the deal for the initial fee collapsed.

I heard that the ''city outrage'' was b#llsh1t printed only in the English press.  :Oo:
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:22 am

simao sambrosa will join in january...and unlike some peoples views that he will not be strong enough for the premiership :laugh:    his goal against the scum was a reminder of what were missing...lets just pay benfica what the hell they want for him  :cool:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:51 am

Speculation says that Dudek could make a possible move to Portuguese side Benfica during the January transfer window. The Polish stopper could be involved in a player exchange deal with Benfica talisman Simao Sabrosa moving to the Reds.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:19 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Personally I dont think Liverpool should touch Pennant with a barge pole, not because of his footballing ability the lad has bags of talent, its clear for everyone to see, but he's been in jail, been banned from driving and is on his last warning at Birmingham for turning up to training drunk a few weeks ago.
Such a shame to waste his footballing career on the drink as footballers have a short career span, I dont think he will change his bad boy ways and we rid ourselves of the spice boys we had.
It would be a mistake if we signed him IMHO. Plus I dont think he is a Rafa type signing.

Sounds like our old mate....  Jan Molby!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby muttleyp » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:43 pm

Cant say that i have seen Simao play so i dont know how good he is, how does he compare against Joaquin another of our transfer targets? who would cost a bit extra but could be worth the extra bob as he is a quality player.
any thoughts?
muttleyp

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:10 pm

stmichael wrote:get castelan from feyernoord. he's pure class.

I've also mentioned this lad a couple of times and i'll be honest i have only seen him play once.
But in that game he took Ashley Cole to the cleaners and scored a great goal that was ruled out for offside.
I'm not saying sign based on 1 friendly, but i would be very disappointed if with all the scouts we are supposed to have that he is not being watched.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:58 pm

I really hope Simao will turn out good but i'm sceptical. I've seen him play, he's nothing amazing. I would of felt happier buying an experienced proven winger.

Either way he'll have my support - just hope Rafa has made a good decision
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Especially as we all know Rafa is the type who commands respect all the time. A player with Pennants history in jail ect will only open the possibility for more problems. Then again if Rafa coud somehow tame that drunken fool he could well turn out ok but thats up to Rafa to decide.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion