Simao will come - Says skysports too

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:42 pm

Pennants a better player, younger, english and would cost half the price.

and a player whose having trouble not breaking laws. Pennants is not better than Simao.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:44 pm

A.B. wrote:
Pennants a better player, younger, english and would cost half the price.

and a player whose having trouble not breaking laws. Pennants is not better than Simao.

Ignore Stu, he is on one of his Houllier/English rants.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:55 pm

For someone to say Pennant is better than Simao is damn right crazy  :no Pennant does not have the class of Simao
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:57 pm

Pennant has a good cross on him and has pace but not better than Simao.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:10 pm

Pennant is no where near the class of Simao. Your forgetting that Simao is a fully established international. And of course Liverpool are going to pay the extra few bob. Otherwise Parry wouldnt have hinted on following up on him. Why are there so many dummies on here!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:11 pm

with simao i thin we will have the best midfeild ever
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:15 pm

I think if Simao comes then maybe we can see a lot more from Crouch and Nando, dont forget that Gonzalez should be coming. All in all we should see at least 2 or 3 new faces in Jan. Simao, Gonzalez and a defender. The only thing is Simao will be cup tied. Oh well.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:45 pm

Simao's definitely better than Pennant.

Simao would bring a lot of experience for his young age, good skill, speed, crossing ability....I hate his stature though, he is so tiny and lacks strength, but overcomes this quite well by being a very tricky customer....

He's not world class by any means, but he sits there in the gap of very good players.

I'd say he's worth about £7 maybe a maximum of £8 Million if you really wanna push it.  ???
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:01 pm

If we are going to spend 10-12mil, I think that this amount would be better spent on Joaquin who is stong and has better work rate IMO.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby stoney » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:10 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:If we are going to spend 10-12mil, I think that this amount would be better spent on Joaquin who is stong and has better work rate IMO.

You think £10-12m will get us Joaquin?  :laugh:
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:11 pm

KM, no way in hell betis will let Joaquin leave for 10 or 12m! 20m minimum!!!

Simao would be a great addition to the squad, he certainly have pace and speed and can cut through defenders. He has good crosses and would add depth to the squad. bavlondon.. its ok if he is cup tied, same thing happened to morientes, and we won the CL! :D

btw i watched Joaquin many times, He is class! but i disagree with you KM with his work rate, sometimes he doses off in the field or doesn't try his best. He tries giving a 100%, but he is very expensive and thats why we can't get him because we can't afford him.

remember that we may have a major investment soon, therefore it will help Benitez to get the players he want or make him pay the extra 2m for simao! plus if we qualify to the next round in the CL, thats an extra 10m quid.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:12 pm

KM, no way in hell betis will let Joaquin leave for 10 or 12m! 20m minimum!!!

Simao would be a great addition to the squad, he certainly have pace and speed and can cut through defenders. He has good crosses and would add depth to the squad. bavlondon.. its ok if he is cup tied, same thing happened to morientes, and we won the CL! :D

btw i watched Joaquin many times, He is class! but i disagree with you KM with his work rate, sometimes he doses off in the field or doesn't try his best. He tries giving a 100%, but he is very expensive and thats why we can't get him because we can't afford him.

remember that we may have a major investment soon, therefore it will help Benitez to get the players he want or make him pay the extra 2m for simao! plus if we qualify to the next round in the CL, thats an extra 10m quid.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:23 pm

....I hate his stature though, he is so tiny and lacks strength, but overcomes this quite well by being a very tricky customer....

Emre is a small player and he has done well. Garcia is small but has managed to score goals, and play well when he wants to.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:26 pm

and we are confident of this are we in the same way Figo was definately coming.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:36 pm

Metalhead, your right that he would be worth around the 20mil mark. I was getting way ahead of myself as I was thinking about the possible investment into the club and the additional money would have to spend on players i(e 10-12 + the extra on top).

I've seen Joaquin play a few times and have felt that his work rate is good. Having said that, I guess those watching Joaquin on a regular basis will have better idea.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion