Simao?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:13 pm

Watched him tonight wasnt really impresed towards the end wasnt really bothered and couldnt be arsed to tell the truth. he plays on the left to even tho he was right footed and tended to come in alot not a antural winger hogging the touchline like say a certian joaquin, i think theres only 1 option buy joaquin regardless the fee he looks head and shoulders above simao , spend say 10 million more and guarantee you one of the best wingers in the world proividn for a over grown beanpole sounds good 2 me ! rafa i hope you are thinking the same because if we get joaquin then gonazles on the wings i could see great things to come and then buy a solid centre back and sell cisse and buy kuyt we make a hell of a team
gerrard_steven

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:14 pm

u watched gerrard play tonite  ???
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:15 pm

simao u plonka read the topic fool! ???
gerrard_steven

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:16 pm

excellant free kick, that aside he wasnt OVERLY impressive. i certainly think 13+ million is steep.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:18 pm

Yeah I didn't watch all of the game but what i did see left me a little surprised where Simao was concerned. For some reason best known to myself I thought he would be a bit bigger and stronger than he actually was. Stu said earlier that he was like Smicer with pace and this didn't look too far off to me. Was it his free-kick though? That was a bit tasty.
I'd actually be interested to find out off a couple of the lads who watch world football about the beanpole Brazilian fella at centre-half. In the bits that I saw he looked like a good player. Is that typical of his normal performances or was he just having a blinder?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:21 pm

------------sissoko-----------
joaquin alonso gerrard gonzales

not a bad midfield would u say? i think i could score 30 plus goals a season with a midfield like this! then i would prefer kuyt up front if we could get him if not beanpole will have 2 do or play both up and take out sissoko depending on the opposition
gerrard_steven

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:21 pm

For those who had never seen him play,i think its a bit unfair to judge him on one game tonight.I would like to see abit more of him
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:22 pm

Agree there center half Luisao is it was best player on the park by far looked quality, but like you said im not sure either if that was a one off or whether he produces performances like that week in week out, Simao free kick was a belter though but we cant go off one performance and right him off, im sure Rafa has watched him a lot more than us.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:23 pm

yes i agree but there was NOTHING there i could see at all , if that was the worst he could EVA  play then i would think fair do's everyone has there bad games but his whole attitude etc just seemed a bit negative and like a dont give a damn sort of player, just think better option would be joaquin even if the money would stop us getting a centre back in january
gerrard_steven

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:24 pm

simao..if we dnt buy joaquin we shud defo go in for him.Looks like a gd winger and we desperately need sum1 there.

And 'sell cisse and buy kuyt we make a hell of a team'.....maybe if we played ciise he would do good for us.I still think we should play him and crouch up front together
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:24 pm

lucsciao or something similar... yeah he had a STRONG performance at centre back. he and simao were the leading lights for benfica tonight.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:26 pm

gerrard_steven wrote:------------sissoko-----------
joaquin alonso gerrard gonzales

not a bad midfield would u say? i think i could score 30 plus goals a season with a midfield like this! then i would prefer kuyt up front if we could get him if not beanpole will have 2 do or play both up and take out sissoko depending on the opposition

It's fairly obvious mate that you don't fancy Crouch at all. I actually think he's played well sofar and that after a slow start he was excellent in Spain. He's definately a player that we need to get others close to though. The way we play him at the moment is akin to Everton knocking long punts upto Ferguson and leaving him on his own.
Crouchy is OK in my view and will get better. A good bit of business at 7 mill' is my confident prediction.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:26 pm

i sed if we bought joaquin gonzales and a solid centre back along wid kuyt wed make a hell of a team which we would . jus dont think simao would offer us anyfing different wot garcia brings , his passes were just as bad as garcia he came in field alot and had a few poor shots
gerrard_steven

Postby gerrard_steven » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:29 pm

i dont facny beanpole up front on his own becuase i feel he needs someone off him to gather the flick ons and what not like cisse did in the champs lge qualifier but i would jsu prefer to see kuyt ive watched alot of the dutch lge and seem him quite regularly natural goal scorer with lots of skill and nice touch maybe no the pace but hopefully joaquin and gonzales and open up the defences with pace and trickery
gerrard_steven

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:32 pm

Funny you mention Crouch Mick,
I was 100%  against us paying anymore than 4m for him,but from what i,ve seen he might just work out good value after all.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion