Simao?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:32 pm

Stoney is that all you do is come on here and slate what people have to say. Everyone has there own opinion.Deal with it!!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:44 pm

thanks wels wizzard thats all people here seem to do these days slate you for having your opinion , and because youve not posted like millions of psots you no nothing ??? to be fair this forums is getting worse n worse full of :censored: like him dosent bother me anymore m8 but cheers
gerrard_steven

Postby mighty mo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:46 pm

joaquin is far far better than simao,and rafa  put a bid of around 10 million  in the summer for laosao but it was turned down
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:35 am

I think we can get him in January. He would be cup-tied but that would lower his price and I think we could agree with a good deal with Benfica.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Hang Cisse High » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:42 am

i thought he was cr*p overall.

hardly a superstar! and we already have players just as good. ie; zenden and pongolle.

We need top class strikers now
Hang Cisse High

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:21 am

Hang cisse high are you taking the :censored: this simao is a good player, zendon and pongolle are not as good as him no where near him, but joaquin is the player that boasts world class all over it he is the one we want and need.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:16 am

Just found this on sky, can't believe they think we could get Joaquin for £16m that would be the :censored: bargin of the century.

:)

Rick Parry has confirmed that Liverpool are likely to launch another offensive for Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa in the January transfer window.

The Reds came close to landing the Portugal international on transfer deadline day and had agreed a fee in the region of £10 million for the former Barcelona star.

However, although the player had boarded a plane for England to discuss terms, Benfica had a last-minute change of heart and decided to pull the plug on the deal.

Rafa Benitez is known to still be in the market for a right-sided midfielder and Parry conceded that Simao's excellent display against Manchester United on Tuesday night - in which he scored a stunning free kick - had not gone unnoticed at Anfield.

"He is a great player and we need more like him," Parry told O Jogo.

"I did not see the Manchester United - Benfica game, but I heard about his great goal and excellent performance.

"Simao is confirming that he is a great player."

When quizzed whether Liverpool would be moving for him in January, he continued: "We have still not definitively decided, but it is an interesting option for us.

"We need a player with his characteristics.

"I don't know if Benfica are willing to let him go, but we can talk."

Meanwhile, reports in Spain are claiming that Liverpool are plotting a move for another right winger, Real Betis star Joaquin.

The 24-year-old has oft been linked to the Premiership with Manchester United and Chelsea long-term admirers of the flying wideman.

However, neither club could prise him from the Seville-based outfit and ultimately moved for differing targets, Cristiano Ronaldo and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

It is claimed that Liverpool are now preparing to test Betis' resolve and invited the player's agent Gonzalo Arguinano to Anfield for their UEFA Champions League clash with Chelsea in midweek.

Joaquin's release fee stands at some €60 million (£40 million) but sources insist an offer in the region of £16 million could persuade Los Verdiblancos to do business.

Any move in January is likely to rely heavily on how Betis fare in the Champions League and, given that they are involved in Group G along with Liverpool and Chelsea, The Reds will have a big say in that.

Given Parry's comments, though, it appears that Simao remains Benitez's priority.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:44 am

I haven't seen this lad play but only heard stuff from people, from what i've heard if were gonna pay £12m for Simao I'd prefer to pay the extra towards Joaquin.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:49 am

I think maybe parry and rafa are letting on that their interested in Simao and then nearer the time will try and get Joaquin in. Their probabley trying to make Betis think that they have a few options so they don't try and hold us to ransom.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:56 pm

Thats possible.

It wouldn't suprise me at all.

I just hope Rafa does all in his power to sign Joaquin. He'd transform the attacking play of the side.

Also, i remember what happened last time we signed a spanish player who was cup tied for the champions league. :buttrock  :D
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:49 pm

I haven't made up my mind about Simao.

I remember playing for Barcelona as a youngster and he looked like a very skillful player, but one that was lightweight and hugely inconsistent.

Apparently he was fantastic for Benfica last year and really grew into the captaincy. I watched him against Man ITD and he had a decent match on Tuesdya night.

If we were to buy him, however, would we be getting the Benfica or the Barcelona version?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:21 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Thats possible.

It wouldn't suprise me at all.

I just hope Rafa does all in his power to sign Joaquin. He'd transform the attacking play of the side.

Also, i remember what happened last time we signed a spanish player who was cup tied for the champions league. :buttrock  :D

Very good point there Stuart! Fingers crossed  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:38 pm

JBG wrote:If we were to buy him, however, would we be getting the Benfica or the Barcelona version?

Hit the nail on the head there as far as Simao is concerned.

By all accounts class for Benfica last season, although I didn't see very much of him.  I did see him at Barcelona and he was very disappointing.  Might be one of these guys that doesn't play well abroad, or maybe he was too young the first time he went to another country to play for Barce.

Too much of a gamble at the 12+ million we were being quoted.

We're getting a bit carried away with the Joaquin story here too imo.  It's not Benitez's style to spend big on individual players no matter who they are.  I reckon he'd go to around 10-12 million for a player at a push, but you're talking about twice that for Joaquin.  No chance in my opinion.  I don't dispute the guy is classs but I can't see it happening.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *****GERRARD***** » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:47 pm

some off you must not off watched the game between benfica and manure if u think that simao isnt a class player he was everywhere and forget joaquin i think he shud be our priority on rw
When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark
*****GERRARD*****

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:50 pm

*****GERRARD***** wrote:some off you must not off watched the game between benfica and manure if u think that simao isnt a class player he was everywhere and forget joaquin i think he shud be our priority on rw

Listen mate I like Simao as a player, but to suggest he is better than Joaquin is ridiculous. I'm gussing you haven't seen much of either player tbh.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion