Simao?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:39 pm

no, crouch is going to be ok G-S, believe it, he already looks worth the fee as he seems to have settled in quickly. if anything his industry and (ok limited results) as yet, have put one or two others efforts in the shade... if anything crouch has the wherewithall to be a GREAT liverpool player.

as for simao? none of us can conclude either way. rafa obviously has the inside knowledge better than us, so... we cant say for sure. but after seeing both he AND joaquin recently, id glady rest assured if it were the latter who signs for us next year, we'd be spending wisely. yes even at 20+ million.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Garymac » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:50 pm

With one upfront we need the midfield to be extra special, and that is gonna take lot of work and im still a big fan of 4 4 2, theres nothing like a good strike partnership at your club and i would love to see crouch and cisse givin a good run along side each other lets face it, how long have they actully played along side each other?? Think there is the potential for an awesome partnership there but we need better wide players and cisse and crouch need time and games along side each other.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:00 pm

It's fairly obvious mate that you don't fancy Crouch at all. I actually think he's played well sofar and that after a slow start he was excellent in Spain. He's definately a player that we need to get others close to though.

Former Spanish Squad forward Kiko (that played in the defeat against england in 1996, good game) started commenting jokes about Crouch, with all the sterotypes you could expect about too tall players and their technique, and ended the game saying he does much more than intimidate with his height, has a more than ok ball touch and that he's very interesting.

I certainly liked him too, he must be worked on and  I'd stick to Morientes right now (I know you lot do not rely on him but I've seen him so many good games) but defo Crouch is a reality now and more than interesting player for the future. He can receive high balls when the team is being pressed, get the ball down (must have some technique to do this and I think he has) and distribute/wait for the team go up. This kind of play do not appear in highlights, but it's important teamwise.

Simao? not sure ??? I know for certain he has good dribbling, but to be honest it smells to me like the typical New-Figo-labeled-and-never-made-it kind of player. There's a kind of player that can be impressive on one game and be missing in action during 6 games, that's the impression I have about him, but I haven't made him a closer follow like to players who've been playing  in Spain for years.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCNUTTER » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:27 am

Garymac wrote:Agree there center half Luisao is it was best player on the park by far looked quality, but like you said im not sure either if that was a one off or whether he produces performances like that week in week out, Simao free kick was a belter though but we cant go off one performance and right him off, im sure Rafa has watched him a lot more than us.

luisao looked a class act and very dangerous at set pieces LFC were linked to him last season and i think he could be great for Liverpool
LFCNUTTER

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:42 am

Simao ?? I prefer kapo or Sebastian Deisler
LiverpoolMadman

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:10 am

Aside from his ability, how is he captain??

Are they short of senior players or something? Or more than likely throwing everything at him to stay :;):
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:37 am

I think Simao was great last night. A great goal too. He seems to pick plauyers out very easily and against defenders like Ferdinand. I think he would be a great aqquisition and im sure he will be topping Rafas list of January must buys.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:14 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Aside from his ability, how is he captain??

Are they short of senior players or something? Or more than likely throwing everything at him to stay :;):

Only watched the second half but from what i seen simao did ok. His goal was a cracker...his passing neat and tidy but from that one half, i didnt see any running with the ball or beating men the qualities i would want from a winger.
But thats just 1 half and it was away to the scum, where they were big underdogs.
As SCS was saying though...not sure how Simao is captain, he doesn't exactly seem the type to rally the troops or shout instructions.
It is probably just to make him stay ala thierry henry at arsenal.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:18 pm

Simao is a very experienced player, albeit not an overly vocla one. He is captain because he is probably the best player at Benfica and is very well respected by the fans and players around him.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:33 pm

hes also been Benficas leading scorer for the last 3 seasons and i dont care what league you play in, that is some going.

Still hes a decent player if we cant get Joaquin but i would defo be taking a closer look at luisao, looks a superb defender, tall quick strong, great posistional play, he fits the bill for me.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:09 pm

I agree with you g-s, joaquin is a natural out and out right winger and if he costs 20m so be it.I would pay the extra over simao he played on the left last night and kept cutting in, not what we need and apart from his free kick didn't show alot.
I agree this luiso looks very good and strong, with gonzalez on the left, joaquin on the right and if we can offload cisse and bring kuit in it would be a very good team.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:34 pm

I don't think they'll sell him for £20m. I reckon any potential sale will interest the likes of Man U, Barcelona and Real which will push the price up. I think it'll be over £25m in the end. We have to have backup options otherwise we'll find ourselves in the same pickle we were in at the end of the summer. Simao looked pretty good last night to me, he seemed to link up well with the rest of the team, plus he had a few chances and scored a beauty. Also being top scorer for them for the last 3 seasons is not to be sniffed at, i mean Benfica are one of the top teams in portugal, and if he's scoring more than their strikers that says a bit about him.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Benitez No1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:48 pm

I think joaquin would be a quality buy, I think simao is a similar player to garcia were we need someone like joaquin who is willing to take players on and cross the ball
Benitez No1

Postby gerrard_steven » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:25 pm

i must ahve been watchihg a totally different game to the people who say i thoguht he even did ok he was shcoking , and kept giving the ball away in the 2nd half hes simply nothing special and joaquin would be a 10 time better option even if 10-15 million more!
gerrard_steven

Postby stoney » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:33 pm

gerrard_steven wrote:i must ahve been watchihg a totally different game to the people who say i thoguht he even did ok he was shcoking ,

you probably were then
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion