Simao's not worth the money. - He's a lighweight in portugal!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:00 pm

Has anyone been watching the Portugese league on C5? Oh God Simao, he has a great name & a good right foot but, & its a massive size 18 of a but....He's a bloody weakling hates being tackled & spends much time on the floor rolling about like he's been poleaxed. If we pay £12million quid for this lad he'll make Kewell look like king Kenny. It'll take him months to get used to the English game & by then his confidence will be shot, not to mention our patence. I'm not saying he's a bad player, in Spain he'd be good & at Barca he did ok but over here he would be deffo out of his depth. Remember that lad at Newcastle? The left winger Bobby Robson signed(cant remember his name)well it'd be another one of those. Please Rafa listen "This is England, not SPAIN" if we get Simao I hope I'm proved wrong, I'd love it if I'm wrong but so far what I,ve seen he would'nt suit the priemier League. YNWA
spion

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:05 pm

I think Srna will come instead, the prize Benfica are asking is a bit too high.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:19 pm

:censored: hell did this really require another thread?   :no
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:22 pm

12 million for Simao?  I'd rather not to be honest.  Whether or not he's lightweight isn't the issue here.  The issue is the fact that he's already had his chance at a big European club outside his homeland (Barcelona) and he didn't take it.

Does he have the mentality to play for a big club in a top league?  You can argue that he looks good in the champions league, but a lot of players can turn it on playing on that stage.  The fact is he's a good player in a poor league who has failed to make the grade at Barcelona and I'd be very cautious about spending so much money on him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:01 pm

spion wrote:Has anyone been watching the Portugese league on C5? Oh God Simao, he has a great name & a good right foot but, & its a massive size 18 of a but....He's a bloody weakling hates being tackled & spends much time on the floor rolling about like he's been poleaxed. If we pay £12million quid for this lad he'll make Kewell look like king Kenny. It'll take him months to get used to the English game & by then his confidence will be shot, not to mention our patence. I'm not saying he's a bad player, in Spain he'd be good & at Barca he did ok but over here he would be deffo out of his depth. Remember that lad at Newcastle? The left winger Bobby Robson signed(cant remember his name)well it'd be another one of those. Please Rafa listen "This is England, not SPAIN" if we get Simao I hope I'm proved wrong, I'd love it if I'm wrong but so far what I,ve seen he would'nt suit the priemier League. YNWA

Well you must be right. I mean the English game is so much more physical than the Portugese. So how come they beat us in the Euros last time. We didnt exaclty impose any physical differences on them did we?

Your forgetting quite a few Portugese players settle well in the UK, namely Carvalho and Ferrirer. I think hed be a great addition. Hes a very skillfull player with good pace, good strengh and knows where the back of the net is as hes been the clubs top scorer for the last few years.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:04 pm

ew Portugese players settle well in the UK

Ever heard of a c#nt called Cristiano Ronaldo?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:05 pm

who has failed to make the grade at Barcelona a

So what? Raul failed to make the grade at Atletico Madrid, they released him from their youth team and Real Madrid signed him afterwards.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:48 pm

A.B. wrote:
who has failed to make the grade at Barcelona a

So what? Raul failed to make the grade at Atletico Madrid, they released him from their youth team and Real Madrid signed him afterwards.

There are exceptions to every rule.  Raul is an exception.  So your point is?  Do you think the fact Simao didn't make an impact at Barcelona makes it more likely or less likely that he'd be successful with us?  Bearing that in mind do you think it is a good idea or a bad idea to spend almost our entire budget on him?

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:15 am

Bearing that in mind do you think it is a good idea or a bad idea to spend almost our entire budget on him?

I never said that we should spend our entire budget on him, I've already voiced my opinion on whether we will buy him or not.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:30 am

A.B. wrote:
Bearing that in mind do you think it is a good idea or a bad idea to spend almost our entire budget on him?

I never said that we should spend our entire budget on him, I've already voiced my opinion on whether we will buy him or not.

It really pi.sses me off the way you only quote part of what people say AB.  You asked me 'so what?' so I told you. Don't then go and quote me out of context.

And try coming up with reasoned responses if you want to nit-pick instead of your usual one-liners
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:33 am

He always nit-picks, thats all he knows how to do, whats more is he doesn't even understand the game properly. :D
115-1073096938

Postby JC_81 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:35 am

stu_the_red wrote:He always nit-picks, thats all he knows how to do, whats more is he doesn't even understand the game properly. :D

Have to agree Stu, I've bitten my tongue about it for too long, it's irritating as fu.ck.  I'm sick of reading smug, condescending posts from someone who knows fu.ck all :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:52 am

john craig wrote:
A.B. wrote:

It really pi.sses me off the way you only quote part of what people say AB.  You asked me 'so what?' so I told you. Don't then go and quote me out of context.

And try coming up with reasoned responses if you want to nit-pick instead of your usual one-liners

Who the feck is quoting you out of context? You made a statement and I'm responding to it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Effes » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:03 am

I've never seen a thread turn into a bitch[B]fest so quickly

This thread is dead
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundees pace » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:25 am

I'm a wee bit concerned. The fella looks a quality player, his skilll isn't in doubt but as entertaining as our league is it doesn't always favour high technicians.

I'm all in favour of splashing £10m or so on a safer bet than investing in 2 or 3 naff £3m - £4m players but there is also a question of adaptability. And according to various reports we are not in a position to gamble financially.

I think that sooner rather than later (& Robben is doing nothing to disprove this) there could be unrest down at the Bridge & for that reason a little patience could reap dividends.
dundees pace

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion