Simao's not worth the money. - He's a lighweight in portugal!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stoney » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:47 pm

stu_the_red wrote:No doubt your response will be to quote me then try and come up with some sort of smug reply.

Does he ever fail to do so  :laugh:  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:50 pm

In a word... No! :D
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:57 pm

Stu you're giving me a lecture for having the last word when you yourself admit that you do the same, could you get any more fickle?

I've told you already to feck off, how many more times do I have to say that in order to comprehend it? You're boring ME mate, it's that time of the month isn't it?
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:01 pm

A.B. wrote:Stu you're giving me a lecture for having the last word when you yourself admit that you do the same, could you get any more fickle?

I've told you already to feck off, how many more times do I have to say that in order to comprehend it? You're boring ME mate, it's that time of the month isn't it?

You're boring everyone again AB, give it a rest like Stu says.

You are without doubt the WORST person on this forum for having to get the last word in
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:04 pm

How are ya John? :D
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:46 pm

Trying to get in the last word Stu ? :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:21 pm

:buttrock

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

Liverpool to launch Joaquin bid

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry is preparing to open negotiations with Real Betis in the hope of securing the services of Joaquin.

Reports today claim that Rafael Benitez has made his wishes known to the Liverpool board that the highly-talented Joaquin is his number one target and that he wants him in January rather than the summer.

The 24-year-old right-sided winger wouldn't come cheap though and that could prove a problem, especially as other clubs including the likes of Chelsea, will have been alerted to the player's recent comments that he is ready for a new challenge and that he fancies a move to the Premier League.

Joaquin's agents are already putting the feelers out and their clients intentions to move on could force Real Betis to lower their asking price which could start as high as £20million.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and Manchester United have all been linked with the player in the last 12 months but Liverpool remain favourites (providing they can find the money) due to the Spanish connection.

KopTalk understands that Xabi Alonso has already spoken to Joaquin several times about a possible move to Anfield and his work as an ambassador on behalf of the Reds could be the key to any potential deal. Luis Garcia is also a close friend of the player.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:23 pm

The_Rock wrote:http://www.koptalk.org/

nuff said
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:53 pm

is koptalk reliable?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:01 pm

Id like to see him play here. And its not like we dont have the money. Rafa was promised £25Mil to spend anyway in the Jan window. You never know we might get him. I remember a while back Rafa said in an interview regarding Liverpools faliure in the transfer  market in the close season (Simao) that if he ever spent alot of money on one player it would be for a world class player. That comment from him alone means that yes he may spend big at some point and we do have that kind of money available if we choose to use it. But if were going to spend £15M+ i would rather go for Bastian Swien from Bayen. Im not doubting Joaquins ability to adapt to the premiership but i feel Bastian will bring a more aggressive style and will therefore take less time to adapt.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:Id like to see him play here. And its not like we dont have the money. Rafa was promised £25Mil to spend anyway in the Jan window. You never know we might get him. I remember a while back Rafa said in an interview regarding Liverpools faliure in the transfer  market in the close season (Simao) that if he ever spent alot of money on one player it would be for a world class player. That comment from him alone means that yes he may spend big at some point and we do have that kind of money available if we choose to use it. But if were going to spend £15M+ i would rather go for Bastian Swien from Bayen. Im not doubting Joaquins ability to adapt to the premiership but i feel Bastian will bring a more aggressive style and will therefore take less time to adapt.

To be honest I don't think there's any way Bayern will sell Schweinsteiger any time soon.  The likelihood is that Ballack will leave after the world cup so there's no way the Bayern board will sanction the sale of another star which would upset the fans. 

He's a damn good player though and I can see him staying at Bayern for a long time and developing into their new talisman just like Ballack has been.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:18 pm

Yeah ive always been a fan of Schweinsteiger. I even knew of him aty the last world cup but he didnt do much then. Hes really come a long way since then though. Hell probabaly go on to become the modern day Effernberg.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:09 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yeah ive always been a fan of Schweinsteiger. I even knew of him aty the last world cup but he didnt do much then. Hes really come a long way since then though. Hell probabaly go on to become the modern day Effernberg.

I remember seeing Schweinsteiger playing for the Germany under 21s a couple of years back and thinking it wouldn't be long before he made it into the senior team.  The very next week he was called straight into the senior side.

Everyone bangs on about him being a great right sided midfielder.  While he's excellent there I think he'll eventually end up playing a more central role, he doesn't look like a natural wide player to me, he needs to be involved in the game all the time to get the best out of his competitive tackling game.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:11 pm

I think even if we pay 20+million for Joaqin, it would still worth it because you can't expect to land a world class player without playing a world class fees. Especailly when he is high on everyone's list. Of course, if Rafa is able to find someone cheap who is a diamond is the rough, then everyone would defo welcome the idea. But it might not be a bad idea to get Malbranque for say 7million or so.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:29 pm

Steed isn't a winger though, he cuts inside alot. He's a very good player, but not what we need right now. However, i wouldn't be upset if we signed him. He scores and creates goals.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion