Simao's not worth the money. - He's a lighweight in portugal!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:40 am

There are exceptions to every rule.  Raul is an exception.  So your point is?  Do you think the fact Simao didn't make an impact at Barcelona makes it more likely or less likely that he'd be successful with us?  Bearing that in mind do you think it is a good idea or a bad idea to spend almost our entire budget on him?

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions

Raul is not the only one. I believe Adriano was rejected when he was younger by one of top European clubs (can't recall the name) but is now one of the best strikers in the world.

I am not saying that Simao is the best thing since the slice of bread, but what I am saying is that it's rather foolish to write a player off because he couldn't cut the mustard at a top club. Riquelme couldn't get a place for Barcelona, but is a top player and has been playin well for the past two seasons for Villareal.

Diego Forlan couldn't cut the mustard for Manchester United but is also doing well for Villareal. Hernan Crespo hasn't set the world alight for Chelsea but was one of Parma's best players. [Scored 26 goals in 32 Serie A games for another Italian club, can't remember which one].

Secondly, I don't think that we will pay 12 million for Simao nor do I want us to spend most of our budget on one player. Don't put words in my mouth.

It really pi.sses me off the way you only quote part of what people say AB.  You asked me 'so what?' so I told you. Don't then go and quote me out of context.

And try coming up with reasoned responses if you want to nit-pick instead of your usual one-liners

I frankly couldn't care what bothers you about me. Yes I did ask you ''so what'' and yes you did respond, and as you can see above I responded to your comment.

I don't find it necessary to write a paragraph for every single thing said on here.

He always nit-picks, thats all he knows how to do, whats more is he doesn't even understand the game properly.

I've argued with you many times and quite frank tired of your moaning whenever someone disagrees with you. ''I'm scouse, I play in a sunday league, I coach younger kids therefore I'm superior than everyone else and my words are golden'' -----> is your trump card for every fucking arguement.

Go stick your head up your ar$e and see if it fits.

Have to agree Stu, I've bitten my tongue about it for too long, it's irritating as fu.ck.  I'm sick of reading smug, condescending posts from someone who knows fu.ck all

Nobody here is sticking a gun to your fucking head and read anybodies ''smug,condescending posts''. What you read is your choice, if you don't like something then don't read it. It's quite simple really, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that.

''Someone who knows fuck all", and I'm assuming that you know everything about the game of football? :laugh:

Whathever I post regarding to football, I include a reasonable arguement in that post for what and why I said what I do. For instance I don't comment on games I don't see [not like some people on here who say that they ''watched the game on the radio"].

I don't claim to be the god of the game like Stu here, but what I post has a reasonable reason behind it. I don't expect you to agree with everything I say or vice-versa.

If I am posting in a ''smug and condescending'' way then it's because threads like these. Was it really necessaray to start a WHOLE new thread regarding Simao when theres already a thread about him?

I'm a wee bit concerned. The fella looks a quality player, his skilll isn't in doubt but as entertaining as our league is it doesn't always favour high technicians.

I'm all in favour of splashing £10m or so on a safer bet than investing in 2 or 3 naff £3m - £4m players but there is also a question of adaptability. And according to various reports we are not in a position to gamble financially.

I think that sooner rather than later (& Robben is doing nothing to disprove this) there could be unrest down at the Bridge & for that reason a little patience could reap dividends.

If we don't buy Simao then imo it won't be because we don't have the finances [Parry has dismissed rumors of us being millions pounds in debt etc...], it's because usualy Benitez doesn't spend that much money on one player.

There probably might be unrest at the Bridge, but I don't see why Chelsea would sell a top player to a rival Premiership side
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:02 am

A.B. wrote:Raul is not the only one. I believe Adriano was rejected when he was younger by one of top European clubs (can't recall the name) but is now one of the best strikers in the world.

I am not saying that Simao is the best thing since the slice of bread, but what I am saying is that it's rather foolish to write a player off because he couldn't cut the mustard at a top club. Riquelme couldn't get a place for Barcelona, but is a top player and has been playin well for the past two seasons for Villareal.

Diego Forlan couldn't cut the mustard for Manchester United but is also doing well for Villareal. Hernan Crespo hasn't set the world alight for Chelsea but was one of Parma's best players. [Scored 26 goals in 32 Serie A games for another Italian club, can't remember which one].

Not to mention Viera's time at AC Milan where he was a reserve, Henry who was a second-rate winger at Juve, Pires who was a nobody at Marseille, Rush at Juve, Veron at Man U and Sh*tski, Kezman at Sh*tski, etc. The list is f*cking endless.
All the above are or were world class players (possibly excluding Kezman) in the right teams, but utter shat at the clubs stated. (Exc. Rush.)
But I'm not for one moment saying Simao will succeed here. It's all about circumstances and the individual.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:38 am

I'd rather see Jermaine Pennant. :)
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:41 am

I rather see Sebastian Shweinsteigger here but Bayern won't be selling him anytime soon, wishful thinking though. :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:49 am

Another note:

I'm surprised that we didn't go after a player we've been linked for ages in the summer, Rafael van der Vaart. Hamburg got him from Ajax for peanuts, and he's been excellent for them so far in the Bundesliga. He's one of the reasons why Hamburg are in the top 3 as of late.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:12 am

why don't we just get the best damn right winger in the world today....joaquin.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:37 am

A.B. wrote:
who has failed to make the grade at Barcelona a

So what? Raul failed to make the grade at Atletico Madrid, they released him from their youth team and Real Madrid signed him afterwards.

Same could be said about Riquelme........WORLD CLASS before he went to Barcelona and still is even though he had a horrible time there........
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:43 am

Do we have other choices besides Simao and Pennant for 12mil? :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:50 am

The_Rock wrote:why don't we just get the best damn right winger in the world today....joaquin.....

Lets hope so....
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:52 pm

Joaquin costs too damn much. People have mentioned how paying 12 million for Simao will take half of our budget, buying Joaquin will spend our entire budget in January.

I don't think Benitez rates him, Benitez wants a vinger like Vicente. A winger who can defend when needed in a game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:03 pm

A.B. wrote:Benitez wants a vinger like Vicente. A winger who can defend when needed in a game.

yes we know already man  :sleep  :sleep  :sleep
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:03 pm

Riquelme  is class cant argue with that
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:09 pm

stoney wrote:
A.B. wrote:Benitez wants a vinger like Vicente. A winger who can defend when needed in a game.

yes we know already man  :sleep  :sleep  :sleep

Why the hell are you reading it if you know already? If I had just said that Benitez doesn't rate Joaquin without including a reason for it then you would had been the first cocksucker here to start running your mouth.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:38 pm

A.B. wrote:Why the hell are you reading it if you know already?

A bit of a dumb thing to say AB as I have to read your post first to know what is said in it.  I mean, I didnt know you were gonna say the same thing over and over again did I ???
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:44 pm

A.B. give it a rest lad. I thought i was bad for having the last word. Fcukin ell, learn to let things lie lad you're startin to bore everyone.

No doubt your response will be to quote me then try and come up with some sort of smug reply.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion