Silly season for rumours has started!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby liamac » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:45 am

Here i was in the signal box working dutifly thru the night as do we all who work on the railway  ( coff )  , tackling difficult questions  such as what route to set for a freight train , should i have have Tetleys or Brookbond and if Tetleys  would i be better off eating bourbons or  chocolate chip cookies .

During a tea break  ( meaning when i wasnt actually drinking tea ) i was looking on the net as i usually do on night shift  in the Signal box  looking for any latest news on our beloved team when i came across several  "news reports" that  made me realise that  the silly season has well and truly arrived  .

first  report .........from  Talking Soccer .com

Liverpool are being linked with Betis star Joaquin. A representative of the player was invited to watch the Champions League match between Liverpool and Chelsea earlier in the week. It is understoon that talks would have been commencing as the game went on.

The player has also been linked with Chelsea but Liverpool are willing to splash the cash on that one player who will make all the difference.
posted by Admin @ 11:40 AM   

second report.........from Clubcall.com

Liverpool - Parry reveals transfer plan
30 Sep 2005 12:06

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has admitted the club could well renew their interest in Benfica winger Simao when the transfer window reopens in January.

The European champions saw a deadline day deal for the Portuguese international collapse, but Parry says there is a strong possiblity that a further approach will be made for him at the turn of the year.

Benfica pulled out of the sale at the last minute due to protest from the club's fans, and if they are still reluctant to do business, Liverpool could turn their attention to Spanish international star Joaquin.

The Real Betis ace has been strongly linked with a move to Anfield in recent weeks, and could prove an excellent alternative to Simao.

third report ........from Touchline Football

Rick Parry has admitted that Liverpool are likely to sign Benfica star Simao Sabrosa

"He is a great player and we need more like him," Parry told O Jogo.

"I did not see the Manchester United - Benfica game, but I heard about his great goal and excellent performance.

"Simao is confirming that he is a great player."

"We have still not definitively decided, but it is an interesting option for us.

"We need a player with his characteristics.

"I don't know if Benfica are willing to let him go, but we can talk."

It seems like i said that the silly season has arrived  , what with an earlier  thread already started about Kuijt  joining in the next transfer window i think it maybe time  to start another  official rumour thread  for obvious reasons , not least of all stories of players reportedly joining Liverpool  clogging up the board  .............any thoughts on this  ?
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:18 am

what about the rumours on Koptalk that we're signing Ronaldinho, Henry, Kaka and Socrates with first refusal on Pele as a result of the £84m sale of Djimi Traore to Ramsbottom United?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:34 am

its all :censored: if you ask me,do people get some kind of kick out of spouting rubbish,hoping they might fit in or something
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:17 pm

what about the rumours on Koptalk that we're signing Ronaldinho, Henry, Kaka and Socrates with first refusal on Pele as a result of the £84m sale of Djimi Traore to Ramsbottom United?
  :D

you forgot to mention that Rafa is planning to reunite his CL winning squad by splashing out £15 million on bringing Biscan back  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:47 pm

Glad you agree with me on all the rumours , like i said  the silly season has started so why not open up another rumour mill and stick it all in there
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:48 pm

liamac wrote:Glad you agree with me on all the rumours , like i said  the silly season has started so why not open up another rumour mill and stick it all in there

:sniffle FFS noway another 300 page topic with about a million players being linked, no thanx  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:02 pm

lets just get this over and done with,eh?

i have heard / i will hear / it has been said / tribal football say / championship mana ger says that we will be / have been / might be / have had interest expressed in Dida, P Cech, G Buffon, O Kahn, E Van Der Sar, C Abbiati , J Lehmann, F Toldo, V Valdes, I Casillas, Vitor Baia, A Reinke, J Cesar, A Doblas, M Galinovic, M De Sanctis, H Vonk, M Almunia, Moreira, G Coupet, H Payer, T Howard, R Waterreus, M Barbosa, M Poom, S Viera, R Recber, T Sylva, H Da Silva Gomes, F Rost, D Zitka, T Butina, Volkan Demirel, A Nikopolidis, J Blazek , E Johnsen, E Jakupovic, J Cobej,  J Terry, R Ferdinand, A Nesta, R Carlos, L Thuram, P Maldini, M Silvestre, Cafu, W Gallas, W Samuel, G Heinze, A del Horno, P Ferreira, J Zebina, A Cole, F Cannavaro, G Neville, J Belletti, I Cordoba, A Costacurta, M Materazzi, J Stam, K Toure, Lucio, A Birindelli, V Bertotto, P Senderos, C Puyol, Luisão, R Carvalho, N Valente, M Salgado, R Sensini, R Arruabarrena, Lauren, P Lahm, W Bridge, A Reveillere, J Costa, Young-Pyo Lee, I Helguera, Melli, F Conceicao, J Heitinga, J OShea, Q Alvarez, Umit Davala, P Wome, R Kovac, S Campbell, Leo, W Sagnol, Fabio Luciano, P Emanuel, Ricardo Costa, J Woodgate, Z Pospech, L Fernandez, S Stensaas, Juarez, J Valgaeren, G Favalli, J Venta, F Baumann, M Reiziger, S Ramos, Edmilson, Oleguer Presas, Manuel dos Santos, M Kapsis, W Bouma, Raul Bravo, P Lukas, C Basma, C Natali, H Escude, Y Vanderhaeghe, P Clement, S Mihajlovic, F Ricksen, P Pasanen, Y Goumas, Oscar Lopez, G van Bronckhorst , Alex, Anderson, Onder Turaci, C Patsatzoglou, D Mavrogenidis, T Kiriakos, A Ooijer, F Pavon, M Cech, J Gutierrez, A Seric, I Kotsios, H Trabelsi , H Tihinen, V Kompany, B Maertens, O De C.ock, C Zanetti, W Brown, J Pierre-Fanfan, G Rodriguez, J van Damme, BT Kvarme, D Albertini , R Marquez, B Lizarazu, V Ismael , G Johnson, Servet Cetin, O Bernard, K Kaladze, P Cygan, Silvinho, G Pessotto, Pepe, G Clichy, Mahmut Erdogdu, Ronaldinho, P Nedved, D Beckham, P Scholes, Z Zidane, R Pires, M Ballack, P Juninho, C Ronaldo, F Ljungberg, M Van Bommel, D Duff, JS Veron, R Giggs, Deco, Ze Roberto, S Wright-Phillips, K Poborsky, J Vogel , A Hleb, J Cole, P Vieira, F Malouda, Xavi, B Schweinsteiger, D Stankovic, A Pirlo, A Karimi, M Diarra, P Cocu, J Zanetti, Park Ji-Sung, R Costa, M Camoranesi, Edu, M Essien, J Sorin, J Micoud, C Seedorf, G Zambrotta, A Pantos, M Motta, L Figo, A Tacchinardi, L Giuly, H Salihamidzic, S Appiah, G Giuliano, M Konstantinou, Diego, S Pienaar, D Fletcher, JR Riquelme, G Gattuso, Simão Sabrosa, Emerson, I Stoltidis, Guti, L Kobiashvili, M Hasek, A Rivera, M Assuncao, I Biscan, Vidigal, N de Jong, P Zetterberg, G Englebert, Josico, T Frings, Jorginho, F Fabregas, Gilberto Silva, M Scholl, O Hargreaves, C Makelele, B Pedretti, M Maric, T Gravesen, C Poulsen, K Kisel, F Winsnes, H Maduro, J Blondel, E Cambiasso, R Keane, T Motta, R Olivera, Fernando, Lucho, A Shevchenko, R van Nistelrooy, T Henry, Adriano, Raul, W Rooney, R Makaay, S Eto'o, Ronaldo, A Gilardino, J Baptista, B McCarthy, Kaka, H Crespo, Robinho, D Drogba, E Gudjohnsen, A Del Piero, PA Frau , S Wiltord, O Martins, C Vieri, J Vennegoor of Hesselink, M Owen, A Smith, Z Ibrahimovic, H Nilmar, K Kuranyi, A Charisteas, M Mpenza, C Pizarro, Da Marcus Beasley, N Anelka, D Trezeguet, Rivaldo, E Olisadebe, J Farfan, H Larsson, N Boukhari, Fred, R van Persie, L Saha, M Klose, F Inzaghi, R Oliveira, D Papadopoulos, D Prso, S Govou, S Larsen, D Forlan, Nuno Gomes, H Postiga, T Sokota, G Sibon, Joaquin Sanchez, F Johnsen, A Mutu, G Asamoah, D Bergkamp, J Carew, J Cruz, R Santa Cruz, Alex de Souza, M Zalayeta, C Mejolaro, E Sand, L Figueroa, T Gekas, R Babel, Serhat Akin, F Jeffers, J Portillo, S Torghelle, D Braaten, J Yulu-Matondo, J Halenar, P Lovenkrands T Rodrigues and errrr.. Emille Heskey who is a world class player / bag of sh!te.
Last edited by andy_g on Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:16 pm

OI Andy, you forgot to put me on that list!!!!

:D
76-1115222408

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:43 pm

andy_g wrote:lets just get this over and done with,eh?

i have heard / i will hear / it has been said / tribal football say / championship mana ger says that we will be / have been / might be / have had interest expressed in Dida, P Cech, G Buffon, O Kahn, E Van Der Sar, C Abbiati , J Lehmann, F Toldo, V Valdes, I Casillas, Vitor Baia, A Reinke, J Cesar, A Doblas, M Galinovic, M De Sanctis, H Vonk, M Almunia, Moreira, G Coupet, H Payer, T Howard, R Waterreus, M Barbosa, M Poom, S Viera, R Recber, T Sylva, H Da Silva Gomes, F Rost, D Zitka, T Butina, Volkan Demirel, A Nikopolidis, J Blazek , E Johnsen, E Jakupovic, J Cobej,  J Terry, R Ferdinand, A Nesta, R Carlos, L Thuram, P Maldini, M Silvestre, Cafu, W Gallas, W Samuel, G Heinze, A del Horno, P Ferreira, J Zebina, A Cole, F Cannavaro, G Neville, J Belletti, I Cordoba, A Costacurta, M Materazzi, J Stam, K Toure, Lucio, A Birindelli, V Bertotto, P Senderos, C Puyol, Luisão, R Carvalho, N Valente, M Salgado, R Sensini, R Arruabarrena, Lauren, P Lahm, W Bridge, A Reveillere, J Costa, Young-Pyo Lee, I Helguera, Melli, F Conceicao, J Heitinga, J OShea, Q Alvarez, Umit Davala, P Wome, R Kovac, S Campbell, Leo, W Sagnol, Fabio Luciano, P Emanuel, Ricardo Costa, J Woodgate, Z Pospech, L Fernandez, S Stensaas, Juarez, J Valgaeren, G Favalli, J Venta, F Baumann, M Reiziger, S Ramos, Edmilson, Oleguer Presas, Manuel dos Santos, M Kapsis, W Bouma, Raul Bravo, P Lukas, C Basma, C Natali, H Escude, Y Vanderhaeghe, P Clement, S Mihajlovic, F Ricksen, P Pasanen, Y Goumas, Oscar Lopez, G van Bronckhorst , Alex, Anderson, Onder Turaci, C Patsatzoglou, D Mavrogenidis, T Kiriakos, A Ooijer, F Pavon, M Cech, J Gutierrez, A Seric, I Kotsios, H Trabelsi , H Tihinen, V Kompany, B Maertens, O De C.ock, C Zanetti, W Brown, J Pierre-Fanfan, G Rodriguez, J van Damme, BT Kvarme, D Albertini , R Marquez, B Lizarazu, V Ismael , G Johnson, Servet Cetin, O Bernard, K Kaladze, P Cygan, Silvinho, G Pessotto, Pepe, G Clichy, Mahmut Erdogdu, Ronaldinho, P Nedved, D Beckham, P Scholes, Z Zidane, R Pires, M Ballack, P Juninho, C Ronaldo, F Ljungberg, M Van Bommel, D Duff, JS Veron, R Giggs, Deco, Ze Roberto, S Wright-Phillips, K Poborsky, J Vogel , A Hleb, J Cole, P Vieira, F Malouda, Xavi, B Schweinsteiger, D Stankovic, A Pirlo, A Karimi, M Diarra, P Cocu, J Zanetti, Park Ji-Sung, R Costa, M Camoranesi, Edu, M Essien, J Sorin, J Micoud, C Seedorf, G Zambrotta, A Pantos, M Motta, L Figo, A Tacchinardi, L Giuly, H Salihamidzic, S Appiah, G Giuliano, M Konstantinou, Diego, S Pienaar, D Fletcher, JR Riquelme, G Gattuso, Simão Sabrosa, Emerson, I Stoltidis, Guti, L Kobiashvili, M Hasek, A Rivera, M Assuncao, I Biscan, Vidigal, N de Jong, P Zetterberg, G Englebert, Josico, T Frings, Jorginho, F Fabregas, Gilberto Silva, M Scholl, O Hargreaves, C Makelele, B Pedretti, M Maric, T Gravesen, C Poulsen, K Kisel, F Winsnes, H Maduro, J Blondel, E Cambiasso, R Keane, T Motta, R Olivera, Fernando, Lucho, A Shevchenko, R van Nistelrooy, T Henry, Adriano, Raul, W Rooney, R Makaay, S Eto'o, Ronaldo, A Gilardino, J Baptista, B McCarthy, Kaka, H Crespo, Robinho, D Drogba, E Gudjohnsen, A Del Piero, PA Frau , S Wiltord, O Martins, C Vieri, J Vennegoor of Hesselink, M Owen, A Smith, Z Ibrahimovic, H Nilmar, K Kuranyi, A Charisteas, M Mpenza, C Pizarro, Da Marcus Beasley, N Anelka, D Trezeguet, Rivaldo, E Olisadebe, J Farfan, H Larsson, N Boukhari, Fred, R van Persie, L Saha, M Klose, F Inzaghi, R Oliveira, D Papadopoulos, D Prso, S Govou, S Larsen, D Forlan, Nuno Gomes, H Postiga, T Sokota, G Sibon, Joaquin Sanchez, F Johnsen, A Mutu, G Asamoah, D Bergkamp, J Carew, J Cruz, R Santa Cruz, Alex de Souza, M Zalayeta, C Mejolaro, E Sand, L Figueroa, T Gekas, R Babel, Serhat Akin, F Jeffers, J Portillo, S Torghelle, D Braaten, J Yulu-Matondo, J Halenar, P Lovenkrands T Rodrigues and errrr.. Emille Heskey who is a world class player / bag of sh!te.

looks a bit like one of mourinho's love letters to abramovich!

"roman my friend, world domination for chelsea can only be achieved by expanding zee squad a little"            :laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:36 pm

the only one i want off that list is O de Cock from FC Brugges. imagine the commentary - "and de Cock shoots straight down the throat of the goalie"

:laugh: :laugh:

*i'm in a childish mood, alright?*

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:42 pm

andy_g wrote:lets just get this over and done with,eh?

F.ckin 'ell Andy, how long did it take to type that  :oh:  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:49 pm

too b.loody long  :sniffle

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:14 pm

butano
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e