Signed and sealed - New fella....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:26 pm

SALTROCK67 wrote:Not really just venting some anger after a s**t day at work. :laugh:  :laugh:

sorry it just sounded like you were whining
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:29 pm

Well we have swapped a 30 year old Swiss centre back for a 33 year old Argentine. Pellegrino found himself in the same position as Henchoz, frozen out by a new manager. Benitez obviously sees this guy as a better short term option than Henchoz, afterall hes only signed a 6 month deal. The way our lucks going he will end up injured for 3 of those   :Oo: . Anyways, as I know nothing of this player I can only say time will tell with him.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SALTROCK67 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:31 pm

No,its just when names like Morro,Anelka,Aimar are in the frame it just seemsa bit of a downer but good luck to the guy i hope he does well. :grinning:  :grinning:
SALTROCK67

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:32 pm

from what i read, it is a 6mth loan with a option to sign him up for free at the end of the season (as he still has a "6 mths to go" contract with valencia)
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:57 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:I think some of you guys just whine to much

Little bubbles in the wine, make me feel happy, make me feel fine !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:57 pm

Redrider wrote:
SALTROCK67 wrote:Not really the transfer we are waiting for,you get all keyed up for the window and then they sign a 33yr old sausage.Oh well things can only get better i hope.Oh and where do Newcastle get all their money from.Parry take note!!! :angry:  :angry:

It dosn't sound like the kind of signing that will have Gerrard saying we are going places and i'm going to stay to be part of it !!

F**k Gerrard, we don't have to justify nothin to him, if he doesn't like what Rafa is doing then he can go to Chelski as Rafa Benitez is the manager and not Steven Gerrard  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:02 pm

Nice one dude. :laugh:  :laugh:
SALTROCK67

Postby Redrider » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:08 pm

Paul C wrote:
Redrider wrote:
SALTROCK67 wrote:Not really the transfer we are waiting for,you get all keyed up for the window and then they sign a 33yr old sausage.Oh well things can only get better i hope.Oh and where do Newcastle get all their money from.Parry take note!!! :angry:  :angry:

It dosn't sound like the kind of signing that will have Gerrard saying we are going places and i'm going to stay to be part of it !!

F**k Gerrard, we don't have to justify nothin to him, if he doesn't like what Rafa is doing then he can go to Chelski as Rafa Benitez is the manager and not Steven Gerrard  :angry:

Forget Gerrard the personality. What I am referring to is the principle of setting up a team that is going somewhere, with some ambition and future.
Rafa, has now been in the command seat for six months and he should be calling off purchases for his team for the next 5 years. This does not look like a forward looking purchase !!
Dont forget other prospective players will also have a view on where we appear to be going with the players we are buying, when they may consider interest from LFC.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:10 pm

If you all want to know about Pellegrino, I got it from RAWK..............have a look

Some people are just too obsessed with age and pace.  Yes, he is 33, but age is just a number.  Being 33 years older doesn't mean he is slower than Henchoz.  He and Henchoz are two different types of players. 

Henchoz is an excellent man marker, but Rafa doesn't play man marking.  Henchoz does move far from the box, but we had been defending near the halfway line this season.  Our defence is more about preventing the opposition from getting into the box which is not part of Henchoz's game.  He had did his job for us, but times have changed, he is surplus to requirement and should make himself useful elsewhere with our blessing.

Pellegrino is a big, intelligent, seasoned player who is good in the air.  He is free and only signed until the end of the season with an option for another year.  So if he doesn't perform, he is gone.  There is no risk involved.  It also free money for signings in other departments.

His arrival shouldn't be seen as an obstacle to the youngsters' progress.  Whitbread and Raven are playing regularly for the reserves and in the Carling Cup.  They are having their chances.  A mentor like Pellegrino will pass on some experience to them.  We should not get carried away by their performance in the Carling Cup.  they did well, but let's not hurry them too much.  Our reserves haven't been doing too well either.  They still have a lot to learn. Whitbread is only 20 and Raven is just 19.  They still have time on their side.  Traore is getting games at LB and is learning in the first team. Playing at LB could be good for him to gain experience before he makes the transition to the centre.

As for the possiblilty of Pellegrino and Hyypia retiring at the same time, it is not time to worry about that yet.  We do not even know if he will still be in the team next season.  If he goes, we will just need to go back into the transfer market for a new replacement and there could be better options available then than now.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:14 pm

yeah, fair enough, convinced me.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:37 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:If you all want to know about Pellegrino, I got it from RAWK..............have a look

Some people are just too obsessed with age and pace.  Yes, he is 33, but age is just a number.  Being 33 years older doesn't mean he is slower than Henchoz.  He and Henchoz are two different types of players. 

Henchoz is an excellent man marker, but Rafa doesn't play man marking.  Henchoz does move far from the box, but we had been defending near the halfway line this season.  Our defence is more about preventing the opposition from getting into the box which is not part of Henchoz's game.  He had did his job for us, but times have changed, he is surplus to requirement and should make himself useful elsewhere with our blessing.

Pellegrino is a big, intelligent, seasoned player who is good in the air.  He is free and only signed until the end of the season with an option for another year.  So if he doesn't perform, he is gone.  There is no risk involved.  It also free money for signings in other departments.

His arrival shouldn't be seen as an obstacle to the youngsters' progress.  Whitbread and Raven are playing regularly for the reserves and in the Carling Cup.  They are having their chances.  A mentor like Pellegrino will pass on some experience to them.  We should not get carried away by their performance in the Carling Cup.  they did well, but let's not hurry them too much.  Our reserves haven't been doing too well either.  They still have a lot to learn. Whitbread is only 20 and Raven is just 19.  They still have time on their side.  Traore is getting games at LB and is learning in the first team. Playing at LB could be good for him to gain experience before he makes the transition to the centre.

As for the possiblilty of Pellegrino and Hyypia retiring at the same time, it is not time to worry about that yet.  We do not even know if he will still be in the team next season.  If he goes, we will just need to go back into the transfer market for a new replacement and there could be better options available then than now.

you have made more sense in one sentance, than redrider has on this topic
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:37 pm

i don't understand why everyone is so worked up about this. we're getting another player, a decent and experienced one - for free. yes free. it doesn't mean that we're not getting anyone else and it doesn't mean hyppia or carra are gonna go.

whats the big fat problem?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:13 pm

What is really all this fuss about how old Pelligrino is? If I am not mistaken, Spurs have also signed an aged but experienced defender, Naybet, from Depor who is some 32 or 33 or 34 but he has been playing well for them since coming here.

He is on a Bosman, has been an established defender at Valencia and should give us some defensive thrust in the short to medium term.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:19 am

You guys are just ****** that all the hype over anelka, morientes, aimar and god knows who else hasnt materealise and all we get is a 33 year old, who I may add many have not heard of..

One thing for sure, I ve seen him play and I think he;s as good as ayala if not better. Quality signing, on the free, six months contract: - cant get much wrong with that...

Good signing rafa!!! :;):

Now, for a striker!!
ssss

Postby Alanay » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:50 am

Yeah.... where are other signings? The transfer window is open for 1 week only right ? I think Rafa is improving the technical side of the team and not really weight on the individual.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion