NO
83%

Total votes : 12

Postby murphy0151 » Mon May 03, 2004 7:08 pm

We should off started with Owen and Baros one striker at home again shocking :p
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 04, 2004 10:41 am

Baros should always start ahead of Heskey. Win the last 2 and we're in the CL, then sack Houllier and many managers will want a team with a chance (i.e qualifying rounds) of CL footie.

Biscan, Smicer, Heskey must go with Diao, Diouf, Cheyrou all possibles, even Hamann and Murphy are possibles.

Kirkland(if injury free) Hypia, Henchoz, Finnan(dodgy first season is common), Risse, Gerrard, Kewell, Baros and Owen (if he stays) are all good enough to play in a league winning team.

What do you think?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue May 04, 2004 11:16 am

Niall, rest assured if we get fourth spot or not GH will be in charge for the start of next season.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue May 04, 2004 11:51 am

I don't really see the point of the post seeing that we won.

However, in the first half, while our overall play was very good, there still existed the age old problem of not getting enough men forward.

Kewell nominally started as a striker and apart from his two shots in the first five minutes he then sunk much deeper in search of the ball. We looked even more dangerous when Heskey came on and it was a good substitution to make.

However, we won the game (and won it well) so I don't really see the point in worrying about it.

However, I would play either Heskey or Baros up alongside Owen in the Birmingham game.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue May 04, 2004 12:41 pm

Couldn't agree with you more JBG. It is a total nacessity that we have two out and out strikers playing up front for these final two games. I just dont see the logic in only having one true striker up front at home. We MUST win both the games to ensure we get that fourth spot, so we MUST attack, we MUST score goals so in order to make sure we MUST play with two strikers.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue May 04, 2004 1:09 pm

JBG - we should be starting with two up front at home, regardless of results. Bad tactics cannot be excused because of results, it is possible to win in spite of formation, tactics, playing [email]cr@p.......[/email]
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Tue May 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Nevermind starting with Heskey, I'd have started with Baros, I can't for the life of me see why he doesn't start more often
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 04, 2004 1:23 pm

i don't think any liverpool fan can understand why baros warms the bench every week. forget all this cr@p about him and owen being too similar, in the last two games we have to win so you play the strikers who are most likely to score. that means baros or heskey alongside owen. i know who 99% of supporters would choose.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rimetto » Tue May 04, 2004 1:29 pm

murphy0151 wrote:We should off started with Owen and Baros one striker at home again shocking :p

It's back to the point about GH and his tactics.

I know we won but we shouldn't be playing 4-5-1 at home against Boro.

Why doesn't he play Baros anymore have they had words? Does anyone know?
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby Rimetto » Tue May 04, 2004 1:31 pm

houllieroutplz by the way i voted for Heskey by mistake. He shouldn't be wearing the red of the reserves never mind the first team. sell him now before we have to pay someone to take him. :D
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion