Should we give igor biscan another chance?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:54 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Pre-season warm ups mean very little. We have had players working wonders in pre-season before, only to be poor once again in the Premiership.

Mark Kennedy was absolutely fantastic for us one summer six or seven years ago in pre-season and Roy Evans was raving what a great player he was turning into. Look what happened him!

this doesnt mean that this is what will happen with biscan.

are you saying that every player that plays good in pre-season will be sh**?

the point is to HOLD YOUR JUDGEMENT!!!

if he does turn out to be ****** than fair enough, but you can only say that when he's had a fair go in centre mid, not after pre-season, and not after a season at centre half!!!

there isnt a better time to see what he can do, cos beni will be given time to suss his own side out. if we were in the middle of the season then he'd have to wait. you cant experiment then. this is the only chance we'll get to see what players can do. the fans must understand this, our expectations should be lowered slightly from what sum people on this forum want to see.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:01 pm

Well I'm not gonna boo the guy from the off. Rafa seems to be getting something out of him judging from the pre season performances. If he picks up his game all the better for us . I'll take a bottle of HP to the game to eat with my humble pie .
:)  :)  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kenco » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:02 am

Biscan is not good enough to pull the red shirt of L.F.C. over his head. he's had ample time to show his ability.And if Rafa thinks he's the anwser to the midfield problems he will go the same way as G.h.!! :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:58 am

As I said in my previous post, IMO Rafa has actually been trying to rise up Biscan's value by putting him in a position he likes, lifting up his pride, treating him well, etc. If this works, his value will consequently improve and I believe Rafa will sell him at some point here. This is just a matter of business which he plays well. If then he remains unsaleable, at least Rafa will have had a far better player in Biscan. So I think we can see WISE Rafa here.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:11 am

i dont think benites wants to sell biscan at all. not from what i've heard him say about the lad
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:45 am

Well, of course Rafa won't tell everyone that he's gonna sell Biscan with such current value of him, or Rafa is a nut.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:49 am

why wouldnt he have done the same with diouf then?
i'm sorry but what you're saying just doesnt make sense.
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:56 am

Because Diouf has been wasting resources, his salary is huge. And Diouf still 'has' price to sell. Selling Diouf may mean at least preventing us from wasting huge of money for nothing. Biscan salary is nothing compared to Diouf, and if you sell Biscan now, what will you get?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:10 am

but it even looks as though he'd be willing to loan him out, so it still doesnt make sense
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:14 am

THey're gonna sell him once there is a good deal. Rafa once said that Diouf is not a part of his plan.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:15 am

biscan deserves a new chance under a new manager. the fact of the matter is he looks a decent footballer when he plays in his rightful position. at centre back, every mistake he made cost us dear and he made others around him look vulnerable. having said this i would still play hamann on tuesday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:19 am

ANd selling biscan is only my idea, which to me it makes sense. Nobody would know the truth unless you are the gaffer. And You can have your own idea.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:25 am

do you think the boss would waste so much of his valuable time, which he needs to get to know his best team etc, on getting biscans sell-on fee a few pounds more, by playing hin every game. come off it.

is it not possible to assume that he thinks like a few of us and is giving him a chance to show what he can do, and for that matter, likes what he sees?
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:49 am

playing every game? why not if there were whitbread and warnock as well in the friendlies. But of course, if Biscan was seen to be improvised, he'll have some more chances in a more regular matches. But believe me you wouldn't see Biscan there if it had been CL semifinal -not only some friendlies.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:53 am

Biscan cant play in Europe anyway (red card against Marseille) so it will be Hamann that plays!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion