Should we buy michael owen for 2mil

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:44 pm

Rafa should be bidding for him now. Then we can sell Kuyt!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:56 pm

I'd welcome him back if it increased our chances of winning things, which it would do. Like it or not, whenever his name is mentioned, it's  immediately associated with Liverpool FC. Thing is, he'll have to have his ego deflated a little and not demand to be a super star and demand big wages. He'd be a right muppet to not meet any demands we make to him if he were to be offered to come back here.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:01 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:For 2M?

Absolutely. Get him back at LFC and get rid of Voronin.

Ditto
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:48 pm

s@int wrote:We should get in quick NOW. I think he would be a great signing, and with him and Torres in the team I think we would have a good chance to win the league.

Wages might prove a problem but if he got the chance to come back I think he would settle for a lot less than he wants at Newcastle.

Agree S@int - I think he wold take a reduced wage - he's minted already.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:34 pm

I say get him even if its to glue a tray on his head so rafa can use him to put his bowl of nuts on during games.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby faldo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:23 pm

i don't get why people can understand why gerard even considered moving after winning the champions league,yet can't understand why a guy voted european player of the year despite being surrounded by people like biscan would want to go to real. ian rush and keagan left so why is it any different for owen.

owen has done a hell of a lot for liverpool unlike some people who was smiling and laughing on the bench as liverpool were 1-0 down to arsenal in the FA CUP final,because houlier chose not to start him in that game.owen carried liverpool on his own,while others scored their goals in a good liverpool squad.
faldo

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Fck that Owen is the only Liverpool player to win world player of the year (french magazine sht) and one of the best forwards in the country today. For 2-4 mill he'd be great. You only have to look at our squad to see we dont really have many quality players and anything we can get for cheap would be welcome regardless of were they come from. We only have Keane and Torres upfront with any kind of chance of getting goals for us regularly and i think Owen would put us up there with the best clubs in terms of quality.
Id snap him up before anyone gets him and imo we should go for him now and not in January because this 4 month wait could very well be the difference between us challenging for the league and us struggling for 4th place. Owen .. ffs .. injury prone or not he's still a great player and waaay better than Keane who was signed for 20mill or whatever. 0-0 with 20 mins to go and had to pick a forward to try and nick a late goal would you have Owen in there or Keane ? enough said !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:37 pm

If he was to get his agent to call Parry to tell him he`d be willing to take a (hefty) cut in wages, like half what he`s on now then yes, otherwise not a chance, 130,000 grand a week i very much doubt we could fit that in to our wage bill even if it wasnt for a injury prone player who had snubbed us for money twice before.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:38 pm

aCe' wrote:0-0 with 20 mins to go and had to pick a forward to try and nick a late goal would you have Owen in there or Keane ? enough said !

Well said ACE - he's the best striker when 1 on 1 with the goalie
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:38 pm

No way Jose.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:39 pm

I reckon Rafa is too proud to go for him after the way he shafted him. But then again if Rafa :censored: up this year he will get the sack so he doesnt have time to be proud he needs to think about what Owen could give us.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:41 pm

aCe' wrote:Fck that Owen is the only Liverpool player to win world player of the year (french magazine sht) and one of the best forwards in the country today. For 2-4 mill he'd be great. You only have to look at our squad to see we dont really have many quality players and anything we can get for cheap would be welcome regardless of were they come from. We only have Keane and Torres upfront with any kind of chance of getting goals for us regularly and i think Owen would put us up there with the best clubs in terms of quality.
Id snap him up before anyone gets him and imo we should go for him now and not in January because this 4 month wait could very well be the difference between us challenging for the league and us struggling for 4th place. Owen .. ffs .. injury prone or not he's still a great player and waaay better than Keane who was signed for 20mill or whatever. 0-0 with 20 mins to go and had to pick a forward to try and nick a late goal would you have Owen in there or Keane ? enough said !

But its not cheap when you figure in the wage`s you have to pay every week, even Newcastle think he`s not worth it.
If he`s willing to take a big cut yes, if  not a very big no.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:41 pm

Gotta admit despite all my previously posted reservations there where times against Aston Villa today when I would have given my left nut to have a fit Michael Owen on our bench.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:44 pm

bavlondon wrote:I reckon Rafa is too proud to go for him after the way he shafted him. But then again if Rafa :censored: up this year he will get the sack so he doesnt have time to be proud he needs to think about what Owen could give us.

What he will give us is a massive wage bill that he is too much of a risk to be worth it!
And a very busy physiotherapist most likely!

His behaviour says a lot about him.He only signed for Newcastle and he was instantly injured for ages,they stood buy him!Now he's demanding megabucks,IMO (and I have no feelings towards Newcastle) he owes them something back!
Not a million miles of what little waster ratbag Kewell done at LFC!

When money comes before football the players head is in the wrong place!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:44 pm

We should all remember that whilst it would be good to have him back he is not the player that left Liverpool. He isnt that pacey any more, he was run down too young here and that has messed him up a bit imo but he is still a poacher. I think had the circumstances been better when he left Rafa may have tried for him now but I doubt it will happen.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion