Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Should rafa go if he fails to win the league

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 123

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:16 am

Anyway I'm going to bed. When you've done those two can you have a look at Avram Grant, Berndt Schuster, kenny Dalglish, Martin O'Neill and anybody else that you can think of.

Rafa can't be the only person on planet earth who would take a 4 million quid a year contract surely?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:17 am

Sven not bad - how old now thou :;):

Rijkaard - can see why people would want him after what happened at Barce but think imo opinion that he was lucky to work with world class players throughout that team yet still got beaten to league twice by a poor madrid team and look what his replacement is doing now ? Dont rate him myself as a manager but no doubt he would come to us etc etc .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:22 am

GYBS wrote:Sven not bad - how old now thou :;):

Rijkaard - can see why people would want him after what happened at Barce but think imo opinion that he was lucky to work with world class players throughout that team yet still got beaten to league twice by a poor madrid team and look what his replacement is doing now ? Dont rate him myself as a manager but no doubt he would come to us etc etc .

Ah yes Svens too old you're right. Rjiikyard was lucky to work with World Class players as well, so he's not in the picture..

What about the others? I suppose Dalglish is too old, O'Neill a bit too whiney and any way, would he come to us now that Villa are doing well? Avram Grant? Well a bit too inexperienced I should think/

Now who else is there? Feck me you're right, Rafa is the only man on planet Earth who could do the job  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 am

Well do you think Dalglish would take the job ? Been out of the game for a while now thou ? Grant ? Really ? MON ? Doing well at Villa - would he come knowing he has a great chance of the Man Utd job when Taggert finishes ? In fact ill do a poll.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:29 am

People saying they want MON to come if Rafa goes is on cloud cuckoo land, why on earth would MON come to our club when he wont get much money for transfers, and our owners are idiots Randy Lerner is a great owner compared to our two sh!te hawks.

If Rafa goes we are looking at a Steve Maclaren mould type that will take over, no Mourhino, MON, Hiddink or anyone with a bit of sense.

Be careful what you wish for you will be crying in your soup should it happen.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:34 am

GYBS trust me, it doesn't take a crystal ball to see which way things are going.

Fair play to you though, you believe in Rafa but I no longer do.

As much as I appreciate what he has achieved, as far as the league goes he just doesn't have the X factor.

Bar a league title, there will be a new manager come the end of the season.
Rockthekop

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:36 am

Well seeing as it seems that he will be signing a new contract soon even the fact they offered him suggests that your crystal ball is not working - why would they offer a new contract if they would sack him couple months later ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:40 am

The contract means nothing, they can sack him anytime.  It just means he'll walk away with a golden handshake.
Rockthekop

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:46 am

Rockthekop wrote:The contract means nothing, they can sack him anytime.  It just means he'll walk away with a golden handshake.

so our owners and club that is pretty skint are going to give someone a 4-5 year contract on 4 mil a year then 3 months down the line sack him and have to pay out close to 10 mil pound to him ? I know the owners are a bit clueless but they arent that fecking stupid. If there was even a chance they would sack they wouldnt offer him a new contract so if they did sack him in the summer it wouldnt cost them much .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:56 am

GYBS wrote:
Rockthekop wrote:The contract means nothing, they can sack him anytime.  It just means he'll walk away with a golden handshake.

so our owners and club that is pretty skint are going to give someone a 4-5 year contract on 4 mil a year then 3 months down the line sack him and have to pay out close to 10 mil pound to him ? I know the owners are a bit clueless but they arent that fecking stupid. If there was even a chance they would sack they wouldnt offer him a new contract so if they did sack him in the summer it wouldnt cost them much .

Exactly they have been useless for us as fans but they are fantastic business men, and have great advisors. They wouldnt be multi millionaire otherwise. I they had the thoughts of sacking him in the summer they wouldnt give him a contract now, hence the reason, IMO, why he hasn't been given on yet.

I think Rafa should stay as long as we keep on track with a title challenge. I would love us to win the league but if we come second and challenge all year he should stay....
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:57 pm

GYBS wrote:

They are clueless and stupid for even considering a contract at this stage.

Besides he hasn't signed anything yet and as long as G&H dont give him full control, he won't.
Rockthekop

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:03 pm

I vote if we dont win the league GYBS packs his bags and crosses the park.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:05 pm

GYBS is Rafa's son on an undercover mission :blues:
Rockthekop

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Rockthekop wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Besides he hasn't signed anything yet and as long as G&H dont give him full control, he won't.

well going by reports they are willing to give him what he wants - so sorry mate you will have to put up with him .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Rockthekop wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Whether people like the idea or not I am pretty sure that Rafa will be gone in the summer, most probably to Real Madrid. I hope they wait with offering him a new contract until they are certain they want to keep him.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion