Should rafa go if he fails to win the league

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 123

Postby Bam » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

bigmick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Also remember it took Fergie 10 years plus to win the league at Utd.

Did it? feck me I think it's time for another five year plan then. Each time we don't win it within those five years, just tack on a bit of time onto how long it took Fergie  :laugh:

:D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:36 pm

bigmick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Also remember it took Fergie 10 years plus to win the league at Utd.

Did it? feck me I think it's time for another five year plan then. Each time we don't win it within those five years, just tack on a bit of time onto how long it took Fergie  :laugh:

thought taggert went to the mancs in 86 after world cup and won the league in 92 ? so doesnt that make 6 years ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:43 pm

I think as the crow flies it might have been seven, but feck it who's counting. We could add in the Aberdeen period if needs be, and say that in his manegerial career it actually took 14 years or whatever it was.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:45 pm

true mick but then he won the title with aberdeen so want next :;):
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:00 am

GYBS wrote:
bigmick wrote:

thought taggert went to the mancs in 86 after world cup and won the league in 92 ? so doesnt that make 6 years ?

Shhhhh mate, you will upset the natives  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Alex G. » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:02 am

sgs wrote:
Zidane wrote:
Rafa must win title or go
Posted by Dom Raynor 4 hours, 9 minutes ago

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been told he needs to win the Premier League title to save his job by club co-owner George Gillett, according to the Sunday Express.

On a rare visit to Merseyside Gillett let it be known that he blamed Rafa's rant against Sir Alex Ferguson for Liverpool's slump in form and has demanded that the Spaniard rectify the situation.

Gillett, who refuses to bow to Benitez’s demands for complete control over transfer policy before agreeing to a new four-year contract, also believes that the Liverpool boss likes to be constantly linked with other big jobs.

Looks like someone might believe he DOES need to go if he fails to win it.  This sounds like bs to me though.

Its clear to me now that George Gillette is determined to ruin LFC b/4 all this is over...

With that pressure is impossible to work in calm. Gillette is an arrogant, clueless yank. He doesn´t know a word about football.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:06 am

s@int wrote:
GYBS wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Shhhhh mate, you will upset the natives  :D

oops sorry  :laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:33 am

Its all well and good some members saying he should be sack at the end of the year or even now but there is still the problem of who to get and who would take the job.

It might be a case of our owners giving us a very :censored: manager as he is good at PR....bloody hell we could end up with Ian Holloway :D , i would lover to see that, not that he would be the best manager but just to hear him after a game.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:44 am

Thats always been the problem mate when people have stated sack rafa etc etc - who do you replace him with - who will come to liverpool and who is available - the list of quality managers who feel those three areas are prob very slim.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:47 am

At this point, somebody mentions a name and GYBS says either a) he wouldn't come, or b) we couldn't afford him or c) his club wouldn't release him.

Then he asks, so who do you want.

I'll start, Gus Hiddink.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:52 am

They are all valid question Mick - as opposed to living in a fairy tale land where people can just say this name and that name - you got to look at it realistically .

And at the  moment i cant see many managers wanting to work for the owners with have at the moment .

As you have said Hiddink - great manager could do a great job - BUT would he leave his very high paid easy job working for Abramovich managing Russia ? Not sure IMO .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:55 am

GYBS wrote:As you have said Hiddink - great manager could do a great job - BUT would he leave his very high paid easy job working for Abramovich managing Russia ? Not sure IMO .

Oh sh!t yeah never thought of that. What about Jose Mourinho then?
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:05 am

Rafa will get the boot at the end of the season unless he pulls a big feckin rabbit out of the hat and wins the league, that I have no doubt about. 

He's probably already blown our best chance in years to win it but he's had enough time to convince me he's unlikely to win the league anytime soon or at all at Liverpool.

Martin O' Neill has done a fantastic job at Villa, he certainly would be on my shortlist.
Rockthekop

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:10 am

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:As you have said Hiddink - great manager could do a great job - BUT would he leave his very high paid easy job working for Abramovich managing Russia ? Not sure IMO .

Oh sh!t yeah never thought of that. What about Jose Mourinho then?

Once again would he work with our owners considering he oculdnt even work with a guy who gave him millions and millions ??

And Rockthekop can your crystal ball tell us the lottery numebrs for the weekend as you seem to know exactly what will happen.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 am

GYBS wrote:Oh sh!t yeah never thought of that. What about Jose Mourinho then?

Once again would he work with our owners considering he oculdnt even work with a guy who gave him millions and millions ??[/quote]
:D  :D Sven Goran Errikson then. Well do two fro the price of one, Frank Rjiikyard.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion