Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 123

Postby heimdall » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I fear you're wasting your time, Ciggy.

What I mean is a liverpool fan walks into a pub full of either Mancs or Evertonains, they start singin "Your just a fat spanish waiter".

What does the Liverpool fan do?

Join in? or tell them to fuck off?

It comes to something when our own fans are singing chants from our rivals about our own manager I cannot understand it  ???

I totally agree with you. It actually disgusts me.

But that's what you get with the modern football fan. No loyalty.

Guaranteed half the blurts on here will be supporting Man scum or Shartski before long.

Did that guy really get banned just for saying we should sack Rafa if he doesn't win the league, there must have been something else. Otherwise how the hell have I lasted this long without a card?  :D

I find myself in the weird position of agreeing with Lando and Ciggy in that in public we should be supporting our team and manager irrespective of what we call him on the forums. I have called Rafa an idiot on many occasions but I have never said anything like fat spanish waiter although I did once say that he shouldn't forget his sombrero on his way out the door but that actually doesn't make any sense as Sombreros are Mexican I think, anyway that was a step to far and I think I apologised or if not I do now. It was disrepectful and wrong.  Irrespective of how I view and rate Rafa as a manager he does seem to be a very decent bloke, mind you giving away a van etc when you're earning several million a year is something that maybe more of these vastly overplayed players and managers should be doing as routine.
heimdall

Postby Sabre » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Did that guy really get banned just for saying we should sack Rafa if he doesn't win the league, there must have been something else. Otherwise how the hell have I lasted this long without a card?

Good question. :D

The sombreros are hats. And thus as Spanish as Mexicans. It's true though that in XX century hats have been rarely used by Spaniards, except until 1930. At some point they stopped being fashionable.

Certainly you won't offend a Spaniard by calling him a waiter, as we see waiters as a honest and respectable job and we're not too classists. But tell me Heimdall, what adds that to the discussion?

Can't you just say that a team selection is wrong because this, this, and this? is it necessary the part in which you mention the sombrero? It's frustrating enough to see some draws and them browse a thread that talk about sombreros and names. At the end you get frustrated because of the reason you mention in the last paragraph, they probably are good guys and don't deserve it. Plus they're reds. They'll be insulted enough by Evertonians and Mancs, so they don't need our insults.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:39 pm

He was Petar in disguise wasnt he?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby youngster » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:36 pm

In my opinion Rafa's a stupid a..h... he's proved that hes not smart enuf to get up where we need to go and the sooner the better,y would any1 let him have full control of the club,look at the ppl hes brought in and that should tell u hes a mile behind the Mourinho's or Ferguson's of the game,Lucas 6million pound of top of the range sh.. babel 11.5 million pure rubbish dossena 7million,suerly the worst left back in the league in the last 5 years Benayoun 5million good player for the likes of QPR Riera 8 million for a player who couldnt beat my granny a race and shes 80 Kuyt 9 million for a striker who lets b honest couldnt hit a barn door Pennant 6.75 million for a jumped up wee toss.. who shouldnt b aloud to clean the stands never mind player at anfield and then u have tho likes of Aurelio Degan Voronin Itandje free transfers who wouldnt get carryin water for my sunday morning league team so in all i think Rafa has proved he wouldnt know a good player if he got kicked up the big fat spanish :censored:,hes a joke and the sooner hes out the sooner we mite hav a chance of catching united..The way he treated Robbie Keane is a disgrace and hope hes gets treated the same or worse

RAFA OUT RAFA OUT
Last edited by youngster on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youngster

Postby Effes » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:50 am

:laugh:

Love the way it says "Edited by youngster on Feb. 07 2009,18:39" as though you
went back to tone it down. :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:00 am

youngster wrote:In my opinion Rafa's a stupid a..h... he's proved that hes not smart enuf to get up where we need to go and the sooner the better,y would any1 let him have full control of the club,look at the ppl hes brought in and that should tell u hes a mile behind the Mourinho's or Ferguson's of the game,Lucas 6million pound of top of the range sh.. babel 11.5 million pure rubbish dossena 7million,suerly the worst left back in the league in the last 5 years Benayoun 5million good player for the likes of QPR Riera 8 million for a player who couldnt beat my granny a race and shes 80 Kuyt 9 million for a striker who lets b honest couldnt hit a barn door Pennant 6.75 million for a jumped up wee toss.. who shouldnt b aloud to clean the stands never mind player at anfield and then u have tho likes of Aurelio Degan Voronin Itandje free transfers who wouldnt get carryin water for my sunday morning league team so in all i think Rafa has proved he wouldnt know a good player if he got kicked up the big fat spanish :censored:,hes a joke and the sooner hes out the sooner we mite hav a chance of catching united..The way he treated Robbie Keane is a disgrace and hope hes gets treated the same or worse

RAFA OUT RAFA OUT

:laugh:  Did anyone even bother reading this :censored:?
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:Rafa is what he is. Theres no changing him: arrogant, hard headed, stubborn, uncompromising, call him what you want. One thing we can say is that he will not change his style of management. He is confident in his own ability and adamant that he knows best. He has proven this over and over in the last five years with regards to players and team selections. He will choose who he wants to play when and where he wants to play them. This has been a constant in his reign. For the moment we are stuck with him and he does have a subsatntial support of many fans. But that wont last forever and more and more reds I know have had enough of him. He is gambling with the future of LFC and he must turn it around soon or lose whatever credibility he has left.
No more :censored: ups signor...

How is he gambling with the future of LFC? Last time I checked, there was two w@nkers from the other side of the pond that owned us.

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
He chooses the tactics and the formation.
He tells them where to play and what to do.
He is in sole control without any dissenting voices.
If we win something he will get the glory (CL 05)
If we dont he will get the blame (CL 07)
He spends our money expecting a profitable return.
Therefore he gambles.

Are his buys, tactics, spending etc etc damaging to LFC in such a way as to completely ruin us? Short answer. NO! Has the sale of the club to two Yanks who haven't a f*cking clue about our history and prestige, nevermind football, damaging to the club? I think so. What about you?

I never said he would completelty ruin us. I meant he is jepordising our best chance of winning the title in 19 years.
Why are the yanks stopping us from winning the title?
Do they manage the team?
By the way can someone clear something up for me:
Who sold the club to the yanks?

Wasn't Rafa anyway.

BTW, who's put us in the position for our best chance in 19 years to actually win the league in the first place? We have not come off the rails yet.

My point was that people go on about the yanks when it was moores and parry who sold the club to them

As far as Rafa's concerned:
I admire your optimism and positivity
If Rafa carries on the way hes going (and theres no reason for us to supect he wont) with regards to his decisions,and we do somehow stumble over the line to finish first, then I will cheer him for his achievement.
However I will still say he should listen to others and stop being so arrogant if he wants to repeat the success
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Rafa must win title or go
Posted by Dom Raynor 4 hours, 9 minutes ago

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been told he needs to win the Premier League title to save his job by club co-owner George Gillett, according to the Sunday Express.

On a rare visit to Merseyside Gillett let it be known that he blamed Rafa's rant against Sir Alex Ferguson for Liverpool's slump in form and has demanded that the Spaniard rectify the situation.

Gillett, who refuses to bow to Benitez’s demands for complete control over transfer policy before agreeing to a new four-year contract, also believes that the Liverpool boss likes to be constantly linked with other big jobs.

Looks like someone might believe he DOES need to go if he fails to win it.  This sounds like bs to me though.
Zidane

Postby sgs » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Zidane wrote:

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been told he needs to win the Premier League title to save his job by club co-owner George Gillett, according to the Sunday Express.

On a rare visit to Merseyside Gillett let it be known that he blamed Rafa's rant against Sir Alex Ferguson for Liverpool's slump in form and has demanded that the Spaniard rectify the situation.

Gillett, who refuses to bow to Benitez’s demands for complete control over transfer policy before agreeing to a new four-year contract, also believes that the Liverpool boss likes to be constantly linked with other big jobs.

Looks like someone might believe he DOES need to go if he fails to win it.  This sounds like bs to me though.

Its clear to me now that George Gillette is determined to ruin LFC b/4 all this is over...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:24 pm

sgs wrote:
Zidane wrote:

Its clear to me now that George Gillette is determined to ruin LFC b/4 all this is over...

sorry but i think Gillett  is spot on.

put it this way, if you had you own company and you got a manager that had been there 4 years yet still had not done what was asked of him would you sack him ? yes.

dont forget 2nd is nothing.

I still not asked for Rafa to be sacked this year but i do feel if we are out of the running in a few weeks then we should start to look for a new manager, put him in place for the last few games so he can see what he has got and who he can get rid of and who he can get to fit in.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Rafa should stay till the end of the season, even if we go on an unprecedented long streak of losing fifteen matches or whatever it is. Two reasons, one because he deserves to see the project out, and two, because all decent managers are working somewhere else. Then, the situation should be re-assessed.

Now I've aleady made my feelings clear on how I stand, so there's no point in doing so again. This however, is what I think will happen. Some people may find some of this post offensive to read. If you are likely to be one of those people, stop reading right now. There is really no need to go any further, if you do, you do so at your own risk.

I think Manchester United will win the title by about 7-8 points from us, with Aston Villa in third. It is now fairly obvious that there is implosion underway at Chelsea, they are a shadow of their teams over the last five years, and despite having broadly the same players which won them the Premiership in consecutive seasons, they aren't a patch on the previous teams. Someone will no doubt dispute that and say they are just as good, better infact (I know this because each time the subject comes up people have palpatations) but we will have to differ. They are to quote Paul Simon, slip slidin away. Arsenal are a young team (once again that normally gets them going but no matter) who aren't up to their usual standard. Anyway to cut a long story long, it'll be the Mancs, then us, then Villa, then a dogfight between Arsenal and Chelsea for fourth.

What'll happen then? Well Rafa will sign a new contract of course, on account of the massive progression we are making, clawing our way ever closer to the summit of the Premiership title. That's what I think will happen. Not what IMHO should happen, but what will happen.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:15 pm

Was everyone actually expecting us to win the league this year? We all said we would like to be within a few points of the leaders come March and looking at the table now we should be there. Bringing in someone now would possibly mean another '3 year plan' for that manager in which time god knows what could happen.

Also remember it took Fergie 10 years plus to win the league at Utd.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oreilly » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:16 pm

I voted No , I dont know what people expected us to do this year, being a liverpool fan this year has been great. Im 22 and started supporting liverpool because my nana is from Liverpool- the only success iv ever really felt was the champions league............Surely competing this year was the realistic goal- and are we not doing that? 6 points taken from the chelsea games? one lost all season ( flukey loss)

Reality Check ?! I think so

From what iv read Rafa wants total control , Brilliant, give it to him and maybe we wont have to spread the transfer funds over 4 average players..........and can just buy one superstar ala torres every yr!

Benitez is a top class manager and realises that in an ideal world kuyt should not be starting RM ( in my opinion) We have all played champ manager and tried to buy a top player but at the very end - the board dont sanction it ! Maybe this is why we see so many average players at liverpool , cus the board are not gutsy enough to trust Benitez to buy a Silva and no one else.
if the stories re robbie are true and benitez didnt want him from the start - how many of the current squad are actually rafa's real men ? Its only when Benitez has total control of the club can be really stick the knife in re dodgey buys................
oreilly

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:24 pm

bavlondon wrote:Was everyone actually expecting us to win the league this year? We all said we would like to be within a few points of the leaders come March and looking at the table now we should be there. Bringing in someone now would possibly mean another '3 year plan' for that manager in which time god knows what could happen.

Also remember it took Fergie 10 years plus to win the league at Utd.

I think I've heard this argument many times now. "well what were you expecting? You asked for a title challenge, now we've got one so what more do you want?".

It's a fair enough question I suppose, but circumstances change which cause aspirations to change. If we are 2-0 down to Man City with 2 minutes to go and draw 2-2, you'd be pretty happy with a point. That doesn't mean you go into the match happy with a point, but you modify your aspirations based on circumstances. When we went to the Emirates you'd take a point, but once their best striker was sent off and their best player was carried off, the circumstances had changed. All of a sudden we had the very good chance of three points, and it was our reluctance to go for them which first led me to the conclusion that we wouldn't win the title this time around.

Now nobody could have known this season that Manchester United were going to absolutely fall out of the blocks. Nobody could have known that both Arsenal and Chelsea would be quite so far off where they have been previously (both behind Aston Villa in February) and nobody could know we'd have got the start we did. What an opportunity we had, but nobody could have forseen those circumstances.

A bit like playing Madrid away, you'd take a draw right? So would I, so long as we don't start ot concentrate on it, rather than the league. Anyway, say we're 3-0 up at half time, before drawing 3-3. Still happy with a draw? Doesn't sound quite so good as it did before the game, and neither does second in the league and a probable Mancs title win sound quite so acceptably inevitable as it did before the season started to me either.

We will never get a better chance than the one we are still just about having.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 pm

bavlondon wrote:Also remember it took Fergie 10 years plus to win the league at Utd.

Did it? feck me I think it's time for another five year plan then. Each time we don't win it within those five years, just tack on a bit of time onto how long it took Fergie  :laugh:
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion