Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Should rafa go if he fails to win the league

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 123

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Alex G. wrote:If Rafa doesn´t win any trophy this season he should go because three years without titles is too much time for a big club like Liverpool. As simple as that.

Indeed. While we're at it, let's sack Wenger too. Arsenal's going nowhere with him.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Sir Roger wrote:Rafa is what he is. Theres no changing him: arrogant, hard headed, stubborn, uncompromising, call him what you want. One thing we can say is that he will not change his style of management. He is confident in his own ability and adamant that he knows best. He has proven this over and over in the last five years with regards to players and team selections. He will choose who he wants to play when and where he wants to play them. This has been a constant in his reign. For the moment we are stuck with him and he does have a subsatntial support of many fans. But that wont last forever and more and more reds I know have had enough of him. He is gambling with the future of LFC and he must turn it around soon or lose whatever credibility he has left.
No more :censored: ups signor...

How is he gambling with the future of LFC? Last time I checked, there was two w@nkers from the other side of the pond that owned us.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Alex G. wrote:If Rafa doesn´t win any trophy this season he should go because three years without titles is too much time for a big club like Liverpool. As simple as that.

Indeed. While we're at it, let's sack Wenger too. Arsenal's going nowhere with him.

Wenger for Arsenal supporters is God cause he won 3 league titles after many years being c.rap.

Anyway, I think those all liverpool fans that are crushing Rafa just when we´re in the best chance to assault the title since the last 19 years are a disgrace.
If Liverpool fails to win the league at the end of the season, they should remember all these moments of negativity, "booes" like the West ham game where we reach the top of table, insults to Rafa, calling him arrogant, big headed, fat spanish waiter, ect..
In my opinion this thread is out of time, the team and the manager need our support to win the :censored: Premier League.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:Rafa is what he is. Theres no changing him: arrogant, hard headed, stubborn, uncompromising, call him what you want. One thing we can say is that he will not change his style of management. He is confident in his own ability and adamant that he knows best. He has proven this over and over in the last five years with regards to players and team selections. He will choose who he wants to play when and where he wants to play them. This has been a constant in his reign. For the moment we are stuck with him and he does have a subsatntial support of many fans. But that wont last forever and more and more reds I know have had enough of him. He is gambling with the future of LFC and he must turn it around soon or lose whatever credibility he has left.

How is he gambling with the future of LFC? Last time I checked, there was two w@nkers from the other side of the pond that owned us.

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
He chooses the tactics and the formation.
He tells them where to play and what to do.
He is in sole control without any dissenting voices.
If we win something he will get the glory (CL 05)
If we dont he will get the blame (CL 07)
He spends our money expecting a profitable return.
Therefore he gambles.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
Therefore he gambles.

We are stuck with him? ???  Really? ???

Challenging for the title in February for the first time since 19 years ago, and we are stuck???

Playing Real Madrid in Knock round of the Champions league, and we are stuck? ???

Man, with supporters like you Liverpool never gonna win the title.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Rafa´s popularity after the christmas period was sky high then after a bad january people want him sacked.

Like all relationships including marriage there are good times and bad times, tensions and regrets but relationships survive because there is goodwill and belief, and the good times outweigh the bad.

The relationship we the fans have with LFC is somewhat akin to a marriage, we believe in the long term strength of the relationship.

Cheer up guys. :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:07 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
Therefore he gambles.

Are his buys, tactics, spending etc etc damaging to LFC in such a way as to completely ruin us? Short answer. NO! Has the sale of the club to two Yanks who haven't a f*cking clue about our history and prestige, nevermind football, damaging to the club? I think so. What about you?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Reg wrote:Rafa´s popularity after the christmas period was sky high then after a bad january people want him sacked.

Like all relationships including marriage there are good times and bad times, tensions and regrets but relationships survive because there is goodwill and belief, and the good times outweigh the bad.

The relationship we the fans have with LFC is somewhat akin to a marriage, we believe in the long term strength of the relationship.

I said this to Ciggy and she near ate me.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Alex G. wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
Therefore he gambles.

Challenging for the title in February for the first time since 19 years ago, and we are stuck???

Playing Real Madrid in Knock round of the Champions league, and we are stuck? ???

The flip side is that with supporters like you we'll be lumbered with rafa for years, but hen of course you wouldn't see that as an insult :D

Yes we are challenging and long may it continue but I'm afraid it won't. I'm actually starting to get a bit jittery about Real Madrid as well and I was well up for that before, but with Stevie out of the picture for a while it could all start to unravel even more than it already has.

We are playing sh1t lately, you have to admit that. The question is how do we turn it around, can Rafa do it? I think no and you think yes, that is the main difference, we all want to win it's just some people can't see quite how impossible that is yet.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
Therefore he gambles.

Are his buys, tactics, spending etc etc damaging to LFC in such a way as to completely ruin us? Short answer. NO! Has the sale of the club to two Yanks who haven't a f*cking clue about our history and prestige, nevermind football, damaging to the club? I think so. What about you?

:censored: away £5 million playing politics isn't very good for the club's books though is it. FFS in any normal company loosing that kind of money would be grounds enough for sacking.
heimdall

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Alex G. wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
Therefore he gambles.

Are you really trying to blame a supporter for us losing the top spot and being dumped out of ther cup by those tramps?
I was a supporter when we were winning titles nearly every year.
Were you?
I am not a person who just says things for effect.
Or jump on the bandwagon.
Or has knee jerk reactions. I think before I speak.
And I have thought constantly about what the problems are at the moment with Liverpool.
Rafa does us or himself no favours with the way hes behaved since January. Maybe if there were more like me he would have to listen to reason instead of people either being afraid or too stupid to tell the truth?
Blind loyalty can only take you so far.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:23 pm

heimdall wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
Therefore he gambles.

The flip side is that with supporters like you we'll be lumbered with rafa for years, but hen of course you wouldn't see that as an insult :D

Yes we are challenging and long may it continue but I'm afraid it won't. I'm actually starting to get a bit jittery about Real Madrid as well and I was well up for that before, but with Stevie out of the picture for a while it could all start to unravel even more than it already has.

We are playing sh1t lately, you have to admit that. The question is how do we turn it around, can Rafa do it? I think no and you think yes, that is the main difference, we all want to win it's just some people can't see quite how impossible that is yet.

Exactly what is it that Rafa needs to "turn around"? Just because we were top of the league for a spell, some people jump the gun and think it's our right to stay there, as if the likes of United and Chelsea are inferior or something. Wake the f*ck up! United have dominated this league for almost two decades now. They are reigning champions, and champions of Europe. They strengthened their team in the summer and did so the summer before it. To be two points off them at the top and have Chelsea and Arsenal beneath us is an achievement in itself. But because we lost top spot as a result of a few needless draws, you're spitting the dummy and calling for Rafa to turn it around? Behave yourself. When was the last time we were actually in a position to actually win the title? 19 years ago? Get some perspective, lad.

If our squad was so sh*t, and our play so negative, shouldn't we be around the likes of Newcastle in the league challenging for Intertoto Cup places? F*ck the FA Cup. No offense to it, but people need to get some clarity of thought. The CL generates big revenue. To be a force in that means that we can get funds to spend on better players as we progress, obviously improving our league credentials with it. You want Rafa sacked? Who to bring in? Jose? What if he says no? Ohhh, no plan B, eh? Let's bring in MON and become fodder in Europe (if we even qualify for it) and start fighting for fourth every f*cking season like we did with Evans, Souness, and even Houllier respectively. If we stay the course in the CL, getting to at least the semi's again, and keep in contention with the league at the same time and actually look as if we can win both, then Rafa must stay at this club. Get new owners in the Summer, give the man the backing and freedom that he's stipulated in his new contract, then see where we go from there. Rafa has come up against some of the greatest managers in modern day football, and most times he's won, bar a few times where luck was against us.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:29 pm

I will only judge Rafa come may.

If we finish 3rd this season then he should go anyway and Im not that fussed.

My reasons: (feel free to disagree).

1. He changes teams constantly. (ie: players etc) each game.
2. He plays formations that dont work. (ie: 4-5-1). we dont create many chances (3 games v everton!!) and draw too many games. he lacks courage to go for 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 attacking styles.
3. he plays players out of position. Ie: Kuyt.
4. He has not finished in the top two in five seasons, and we have not even been close to winning the league.
5. He sometimes comes out with gerrard houllier type comments. I.e. when we have had a lame draw at home Versus a team we should have beaten easily. Rafa will say ' we controlled the game we had many chances to win the game etc etc' " that reminds me of houllier.
6. His poor signings-Without Gerrard and Torres we are a mid table side. he hasnt signed that many top quality and has made many dud signings who he has since sold on!
7. A lot of fans are now starting to get impatient, a bit like with Houllier.
8. Our overall performances, do not make us look convincing enough to win a prem title. we dont look like a strong side.
9. rafa has had enough time, and enough cash. If we finish 3rd this season, then what? another 4 seasons of defensive dross football?
10. rafa is not a patch on Shanks, Paisely or dalglish, not in terms of success, quality football and belief. the 4-5-1 formations he plays with machsa and alsonso defending is like a "scared to get beat" formation. totally negative

HOnestly I dont care. 3rd place this season, he has to dust.

I know you'll slate me but I dont care.

Raffmaker .
8.  :love:  :love:
Raffmaker

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Hes buys the players.
He picks the team.
Therefore he gambles.

I never said he would completelty ruin us. I meant he is jepordising our best chance of winning the title in 19 years.
Why are the yanks stopping us from winning the title?
Do they manage the team?
By the way can someone clear something up for me:
Who sold the club to the yanks?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Reg wrote:Rafa´s popularity after the christmas period was sky high then after a bad january people want him sacked.

I said this to Ciggy and she near ate me.

Got any pics mate?  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion