Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Should rafa go if he fails to win the league

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 123

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:44 am

That fat spanish waiter has to go!!...we are a laughing stock, what manager plays a idiot like Lucas who gives fouls away like its xmas?..a player (if you could call him that :laugh: ) who will cost a game after game...but for some reason the waiter cant see this!.....we have a manager(if you could call him that?) who takes off our main striker when we were trying to win the game and brings on that other useless thing Babel when he should have taken Kuyt off another non-producer. The only good thing to come out of tonights result is hopefully it will be the final nail in Benitez's coffin?....cos i think he needs burying after another tactically inept selection and more crackpot substitutions. :angry:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby audio/video » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:57 am

Here is the letter from Petar...

I was reading this forum for about 5 months and I`ve seen so much various things. I saw so many quality posts from quality posters and I saw few clueless people. Quality posters were saying the same things when we were first,or when we lost some games. It`s called SEEING THINGS CLEARLY. Remember these Lando,Leon,Emerald "We are top of the league FFS,enjoy it". Well there are people who can`t enjoy being first in december when it is clearly that we are not good enough. And these people shoud be more respected(including myself).

I am not disapointed with today`s result. Shitt hapens,even when there is no Lucas in your line up,not to mention when he is there. I am right,I know that. Rafa is the worst manager for buying players,he is making shitt subs,he wants to control every single movement on the pitch,so players have no freedom,also on top of that,very negative manager. And there is no disscussion about that. I said it when we were 3 points clear on top of the league,I am saying it now when we are almost 5 points behind,out of FA cup! That`s the Fookin FACT,he is not up to it! No debate,no disscussion. If anyone thinks different,he shouldn`t be taken seriously.

Today we looked actually good in some parts of the game,but generally,through season... OUR WINGERS ARE NOT CHANGING POSITIONS AT ALL-that is ridiculous. CMs are allowed to make only safe passes,players are in rotation machine,so they are inconsistent... rafa is making contra-efect with his decisions,no doubt about it.

At the end,we should get rid of him,cause we are so fookin boring,it is not just the results.

AND LITTLE REMINDER... I was saying that we will be playing shitt football,until we are out of the title race. We will play better football when we are 10 points behind,when Mr Benitez concentrate on CL and let the players to play some proper football. It is happening every year.:blues:
audio/video

Postby audio/video » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:18 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:That fat spanish waiter has to go!!...we are a laughing stock, what manager plays a idiot like Lucas who gives fouls away like its xmas?..a player (if you could call him that :laugh: ) who will cost a game after game...but for some reason the waiter cant see this!.....we have a manager(if you could call him that?) who takes off our main striker when we were trying to win the game and brings on that other useless thing Babel when he should have taken Kuyt off another non-producer. The only good thing to come out of tonights result is hopefully it will be the final nail in Benitez's coffin?....cos i think he needs burying after another tactically inept selection and more crackpot substitutions. :angry:

:laugh:  :D
audio/video

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:19 am

Any person who says bring in 100mill and Maureen needs to get booted off here. Glory hound nomarks
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:46 am

Id be happy with success nomatter how it arrived. Its been too long , too many sob stories of settling in -its all bull!!
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:00 am

Why are people disappointed with N'gog? He cost 1m didn't he? FFS he's been a steal at that price considering he's only 18. People are way to negative about this kid, he looks a talent to me.
DanAn

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:09 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:That fat spanish waiter has to go!!...we are a laughing stock, what manager plays a idiot like Lucas who gives fouls away like its xmas?..a player (if you could call him that :laugh: ) who will cost a game after game...but for some reason the waiter cant see this!.....we have a manager(if you could call him that?) who takes off our main striker when we were trying to win the game and brings on that other useless thing Babel when he should have taken Kuyt off another non-producer. The only good thing to come out of tonights result is hopefully it will be the final nail in Benitez's coffin?....cos i think he needs burying after another tactically inept selection and more crackpot substitutions. :angry:

Your also on a wind up mission. You have posted this in another thread as well. Fat spanish waiter?

<MARKED>
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:11 am

Kharhaz wrote:

Your also on a wind up mission. You have posted this in another thread as well. Fat spanish waiter?

<MARKED>

Deffo a wum only the bitters and mancs call rafa that.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:47 am

Raffmaker wrote:We are poor lets face it.

cr*p footballing team. evrer fan feels that, when we play...its "hold your head in your hands time!" !!

its :censored:

League my :censored:. Bring in Mourhinio and about 100m, Robinio, Kaka and Villa, get rid on Dossena, Bable, Kuyt, and about 10 others then we have a chance

garbage football to the title?

Rafa dont con us

"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed..."

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:48 am

I can't say it, as it got me banned last time when someone was on their period.

But do it. Do it now.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:57 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I can't say it, as it got me banned last time when someone was on their period.

Don't push your luck pal.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:00 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I can't say it, as it got me banned last time when someone was on their period.

Don't push your luck pal.

You know, you've been extremely touchy of late, and I can't honestly see why. I'm no different to the past 4 years.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:15 am

Rafa should go if he fails to win the league.

Bring in MO'N
tel

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 am

I posted up a comment on the "houllier moments" thread and it had got locked. I did resolve to only get involved in such discussions on relevent threads and I suppose this qualifies.

I don't really go for this "he has to go if he can't win the league" angle. You have to look at it in a more broad and sensible way than that I think. For me, it's a question of how long the manager has been here, and how much he's spent, how much we've improved etc.

I simply don't see an imminent seeing of the light again which could give us the big push towards the title. It was fairly clear that if we cut down on mass rotation we'd get more points, but now we've done that and proved it to be the case we're begining to lapse back into our old ways.

Take the midfield over the last three matches. Against Wigan we start Lucas, leaving Alonso out and ask the Brazillian to play ahead of Masherano. During the course of the match, bizarrely I thought the Argentine actually played ahead of Lucas but I'll put that down to his latin blood. Anyway, Mash played well (including setting up the goal) and Lucas didn't, eventually giving away the penalty.

Next match we play Chelsea, and we revert back to our strongest midfield. Lucas is out again, Alonso comes back in. The midfield as a whole functions quite well, Masherano is excellent and we win the match. We quite often do this when we play our best team.

Next match, the merry go round continues as Mash is left out against Everton, Lucas comes back in and we're off again. Lucas gets himself sent off, and we lose.

Now on the left, Benayoun has his best game in a Liverpool shirt against Wigan playing right midfield and scores. He then gets left out next game, comes on as left midfield substitute and is one of our best players. Next game he is out again, (are you keeping up?)

Meanwhile Aurelio at left full back puts in a sterling performance against Chelsea, but then is left out of the Everton match. Throughout all of this, we still simply cannot find any fluency or consistency, (funnily enough). We still go into games too defensive to win sufficient numbers of them, and there isn't any players waiting in the wings that are about to change our situation anytime soon. It's not good enough after five years to depend so heavily on Steven Gerrard to bail us out of the sh!te all of the time. IMHO we will not win the league with Rafa as manager, and as a result I think we should get somebody else in at the end of the season who potentially can.

I don't believe it'd set us back five years, as I don't believe Rafa will win us the league. That is my premise, and as a result I think anohter couple of years with the current manager would be effectively wasted.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:48 am

bigmick wrote:I posted up a comment on the "houllier moments" thread and it had got locked. I did resolve to only get involved in such discussions on relevent threads and I suppose this qualifies.

I don't really go for this "he has to go if he can't win the league" angle. You have to look at it in a more broad and sensible way than that I think. For me, it's a question of how long the manager has been here, and how much he's spent, how much we've improved etc.

I simply don't see an imminent seeing of the light again which could give us the big push towards the title. It was fairly clear that if we cut down on mass rotation we'd get more points, but now we've done that and proved it to be the case we're begining to lapse back into our old ways.

Take the midfield over the last three matches. Against Wigan we start Lucas, leaving Alonso out and ask the Brazillian to play ahead of Masherano. During the course of the match, bizarrely I thought the Argentine actually played ahead of Lucas but I'll put that down to his latin blood. Anyway, Mash played well (including setting up the goal) and Lucas didn't, eventually giving away the penalty.

Next match we play Chelsea, and we revert back to our strongest midfield. Lucas is out again, Alonso comes back in. The midfield as a whole functions quite well, Masherano is excellent and we win the match. We quite often do this when we play our best team.

Next match, the merry go round continues as Mash is left out against Everton, Lucas comes back in and we're off again. Lucas gets himself sent off, and we lose.

Now on the left, Benayoun has his best game in a Liverpool shirt against Wigan playing right midfield and scores. He then gets left out next game, comes on as left midfield substitute and is one of our best players. Next game he is out again, (are you keeping up?)

Meanwhile Aurelio at left full back puts in a sterling performance against Chelsea, but then is left out of the Everton match. Throughout all of this, we still simply cannot find any fluency or consistency, (funnily enough). We still go into games too defensive to win sufficient numbers of them, and there isn't any players waiting in the wings that are about to change our situation anytime soon. It's not good enough after five years to depend so heavily on Steven Gerrard to bail us out of the sh!te all of the time. IMHO we will not win the league with Rafa as manager, and as a result I think we should get somebody else in at the end of the season who potentially can.

I don't believe it'd set us back five years, as I don't believe Rafa will win us the league. That is my premise, and as a result I think anohter couple of years with the current manager would be effectively wasted.

Yeah for real agree with the post sometimes i dont understand rafa at all. Odd decision making within our squad.

What you have emphasized is my major worry. When we are doing good we should try to stick to that team or system atleast.

Lucas for me is just costing us games at the moment. 

As for the rotation after the chelsea game i would have thought rafa would have rested more players. Massive match we all know but considering we have pompy comming up i would have prefered gerrard to have been given a day off.

For me the manager is the one who arranges his team tactically and mentally, so if the team under performs or is not pushed to its true potential than yes the manager is at fault.

With new arrivals and the building the squad i dont know if rafa is at fault or the owners. That is one thing that is annoying me. Who has the control??!

Besides with the resources a manager has at a squad he should use them wisely and fluently.

Rafa is a good manager for me he does make odd decisions at time but i have to say he has given some great nights.

As for us to win the league under rafa..... I really dont know.
Best chance is this season and we should have been well way ahead of the challegers. I feel we lack depth in the squad and the inability to sign a forward in the transfer window has left me fuming.
Im trying to keep faith and think yes we will win the league but i have my doubts.

If we are to progress as a team and improve next season we need new owners and thats a fact...

Under these idiots we will always look like a joke.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion