Postby LegBarnes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 am

fivecups wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:like lambs to the slaughter .  :no

Dapioneer?

I don't even know what you on about.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:45 am

Dont drag this thread down to the levels of the other - if you want to go on a wumming mission then visit somewhere else .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:46 am

GYBS wrote:Dont drag this thread down to the levels of the other - if you want to go on a wumming mission then visit somewhere else .

sorry god
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:49 am

well going by some of the back pages they have just put up on sky Rafa is not going to have a good read in the morning, its seem Keane did walk out of the club before the game and he had Rafa had a few words.

i would not be shocked if Keane askes to move on.

I also feel that the next 2 weeks it make or break for Rafa, if we go out of the cup and man u get a few points up on us the i think its going to be very hard times for him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:54 am

lakes10 wrote:well going by some of the back pages they have just put up on sky Rafa is not going to have a good read in the morning, its seem Keane did walk out of the club before the game and he had Rafa had a few words.

I also feel that the next 2 weeks it make or break for Rafa, if we go out of the cup and man u get a few points up on us the i think its going to be very hard times for him.

well it end up like other seasons lakes as long as he don't fall out of top 4 with current owners he won't get sacked as they only care about liverpool as a cash cow.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:55 am

maybe he is becoming a victim of his and the players own success earlier in the season - most fans wanted a challenge this season and we are doing it at the moment and most wanted to be closer to the mancs and we are - i think the expectations of the fan went up and now it seems if he doesnt win it a lot of people want him gone - the odd people actually want him out now whch in my mind is shockingly unbelievable .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:57 am

GYBS wrote:maybe he is becoming a victim of his and the players own success earlier in the season - most fans wanted a challenge this season and we are doing it at the moment and most wanted to be closer to the mancs and we are - i think the expectations of the fan went up and now it seems if he doesnt win it a lot of people want him gone - the odd people actually want him out now whch in my mind is shockingly unbelievable .

I for one wanted him gone end of last season but I said ok I give him 1 more season to see if the level of the football we play improves and in truth it got worse sorry bb rafa.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:59 am

TBH compared to the two points we lost last week and the terrible performance of last week I can't see what all the fuss is about. We were the better team tonight , we should have won, we will win the replay.......whats the problem?
account deleted by request

Postby Bam » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:00 am

s@int wrote:
Bam wrote:Considering what looks like to me Rafa's first year of a genuine title challenge, I wouldnt be so hasty in getting rid of him come the end of the season. Albeit its taken longer than I expected, for us to seriously mount any sort of title challenge, I think a contract offer for two years would be adequate. By then, and by some others methods coincedently that would equal the Fergie comparrison :laugh: as to whether or not Rafa should be here. By no means am I personally tallying up Rafa's tenure to Fergie's, I am merely stating the obvious that there has been an improvement if not in our form but our position in the league, which at the end of the day is what we all want (although some trouncing of teams  and good football wouldnt go a miss either)

No, considering where we are now I'd offer him a two year extension and if by the end of that it seems as though he's taken us as far as he can without winning the league. Then I wouldnt give to much worry as to what other big teams want him as their manager. That'll be their perogative, while ours will be looking for someone who can take us that next step further.

Many serious questions about Rafa and his policies will remain until time is called upon him without the delivery of success. I'd be eager to here what the likes of Carra and Gerrard have to say about him and even Hyypia if and when Rafa leaves. Questions asked all the time from his man-management to substitutions or even his apparent stubborness will always and inevitabley be aired about the man. And thats not all forgetting rotation, gameplans, line-ups and transfers in the middle of all that. Its certainly not one or two areas that the fans either question or scrutinise its more of a smorkest board of things.

Two years is fair enough IMO I wouldnt give him anymore now, he seems to be genuinely knocking on the door of the other big three, and we're now in the mix. If he cant take that to the next level in two years time, then I'm happy with the fact rebuilding will have to start all over again. Seven years at a club like Liverpool is enough and with the money spent on the revolving door thats ever spinning at Anfield on more hits than misses is enough.

Good post Bam. My only worry with giving Rafa another two years would be that in two years Gerrard will be 31 and Carra 33. Would we be able to attract the same level of manager to the club if he thinks his first job is likely to be finding replacements for players of that caliber? Far easier to "sell" the club to a new manager while Gerrard is near his peak rather than past his peak.

Good point S@int, but whatever way you look at it whether it be now or two years time. Rebuilding will have to take place IMO and I dont think any new manager, say came in now would neccaserily win the title in his first season or two. So whether it would be now or two years I dont think it would make  much difference and the only shame being if that did happen Carra and Gerrard would end up without a winners medal.

Only if time stood still for those two hey.  :(

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:00 am

lakes10 wrote:well going by some of the back pages they have just put up on sky Rafa is not going to have a good read in the morning, its seem Keane did walk out of the club before the game and he had Rafa had a few words.

So is that right that a player should walk out if the manager decides he doesn't want to play him?.

Is it just me or isn't that what the manager gets payed to do in making decision? and whether or not the player agree with it he should never walk out.
roberto green

Postby GYBS » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 am

there is no major problem saint .

and as for boring football - there were two pieces of top quailty skill on show today and both of those came from liverpool players .

And quick question for leg end barnes - who do you want to replace rafa with
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:02 am

roberto green wrote:

So is that right that a player should walk out if the manager decides he doesn't want to play him?.

Is it just me or isn't that what the manager gets payed to do in making decision? and whether or not the player agree with it he should never walk out.

It is totally wrong if keane did walk out - doesnt matter what beef he has or what has happened he should still be professional enough to deal with the managers descion .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:03 am

GYBS wrote:there is no major problem saint .

and as for boring football - there were two pieces of top quailty skill on show today and both of those came from liverpool players .

Either a manager who knows how premier football is played or a manager who know hows to focus a team around attacking football.

not gonna share names as one its don't matter who I want I won't get a say in it and two its not my job to put my neck on the line.

Unless of course you wana pay me some monie's ! for it !

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=372Ah0Z_L1w
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 am

LegBarnes wrote:
GYBS wrote:there is no major problem saint .

Either a manager who knows how premier football is played or a manager who know hows to focus a team around attacking football.

not gonna share names as one its don't matter who I want I won't get a say in it and two its not my job to put my neck on the line.

Unless of course you wana pay me some monie's ! for it !

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=372Ah0Z_L1w

No come on say a name who this manager is then - dont be bottling the question and coping out - you want him sacked and gone now - so who do we replace him with then ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion