Should our reserves play in the championship - Rafa and moureen say ys

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:46 pm

well firstley i think its a stupid idea
Also if all the premiership teams did this then the championship would be just the same as the current reserve league.As their would be no room for anyone else (hardley)
If they are talking about just a select few teams doing this, the so called be guns. Then who at current are the big guns.
Chelsea,Man UTD going by current league position. Portsmouth?? who else. Does it go on how rich a team is.If so West ham,Villa would be included as they have big backers.
Or on how well supported a team is??
Its all rubbish and a waste of time.
Leave things as the are and have always been. Football in England as been going long before Wenger and that dick from Chelsea arrived and will continue well after they are out of the game. If manager dont like it then F off some where else and leave are game alone.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:26 pm

DAV wrote:well firstley i think its a stupid idea
Also if all the premiership teams did this then the championship would be just the same as the current reserve league.As their would be no room for anyone else (hardley)
If they are talking about just a select few teams doing this, the so called be guns. Then who at current are the big guns.
Chelsea,Man UTD going by current league position. Portsmouth?? who else. Does it go on how rich a team is.If so West ham,Villa would be included as they have big backers.
Or on how well supported a team is??
Its all rubbish and a waste of time.
Leave things as the are and have always been. Football in England as been going long before Wenger and that dick from Chelsea arrived and will continue well after they are out of the game. If manager dont like it then F off some where else and leave are game alone.

well said. :buttrock
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:12 pm

I could be wrong but don`t UEFA wont the leagues cut to 16 teams.
There is no way the FA will restructure the leagues again just to please a couple of manages,
could you imagine the uproar, forieners don`t understand the esteem, herertidge and history some of the smaller teams in the football league hold, come on Accrington: :D
Last edited by Rush Job on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:44 am

Hows about.............  setting up the Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsse and Man utd second teams then forming the Euro Super League for the first teams.

Super League takes off, home fans still have a club to watch, national tv still have a LFC team to show, double revenue and sponsership and three years later everyone's forgiven and forgotten?

How many ways are there to skin a cat? Dont tell me RA, Maureen, LFC et al havent got their eyes on a Euro super league - as they have had for the last 15 years.

I know you dont like it, but if you try to see whats behind 450 million of investment....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:48 am

It would be great for us and the other big teams but lousy for English football on the whole.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:02 am

I think a better idea would be to allow a side - and I'd love it to be Tranmere - to basically have the pick of our reserve side. A season in the lower leagues at a club linked to ours would do a lot of our youngsters a hell of a lot more good than a season in the reserve league.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:35 am

In Spain since the second division is a proffesional league few of the major teams (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico) have teams in it. And when they manage to be in the second division they normally struggle to keep the category. Needless to say a B team can't promote to the league the A team is playing. And if the A team is relegated, the B team is also relegated no matter the final position.

During a season, some of the B team players can be promoted to the A team, but if a given amount of games are played in the A team, they cannot go back to the B team that season.

Think of it this way. Imagine Gonzalez wants to play on LFC on regular basis and he doesn't manage to do so. He's a proffesional player and might accept to play a few games in the "B" or Reserves team in the Championship. He might even be willing to play a whole season there. But there's not good players that will be willing to be in a second division team for long time. After one season he'd rather want to play in Newcastle rather than in Liverpool B if he doesn't see promotion to the first team. Thus It's difficult to have powerful B teams in a competitive league as the Championship. And very expensive too.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Real Sociedad B teams are young oriented. The not that young players that are not still for first team are usually loaned. At the end of the day a club with money will always have influence in the leagues, no matter if it's with B teams or loans (see West Ham case with the Argentinians)

I think there's not a will of controlling the leagues but actually giving the reserves a more competitive league.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:59 am

RedBlood wrote:it would be good for the big teams but it just makes it harder for lower division teams to get promoted.
if aal the prem teams had b-teams in the championship what would happy 2 the teams already there? if u get me

No, I don't 'get you'

Read what you've written & see if you get yourself.

:rasp
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:06 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:What about fairness and sportsmanship?

It would be total monetary domination and not atal fair.
I think its a sh.te idea and one that needs nipped in the bud....Jose Mourinhio seems to think success brings respect that deems him above criticism.
I hope every pundit in the country sh.its all over his idea,problem is they wont cause half of them are thick and seem to see him as some sort of football Messiah.

Its a totally w@nk idea...LFC is LFC is LFC.

Its wrong.

Its not fair on other less fortunate clubs...its arrogant in fact! No way...Not us!

pretty much sums up my feelings to the idea  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 pm

How about the players who couldn't get into the Liverpool B team in the championship? would we then want a Liverpool C team in league one.

A complete nonsense.

Wenger, Rafa and Jose are all showing a bit of arrogance on this one.

The English game has a huge worldwide following, not because of the technical aspect but because of the passion and honesty (which is fading) of it. Don't F*** with the league. And no winter break either. leave it alone.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 pm

Quite plainly no. It is of benefit to clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea but not to teams in the Championship who want promotion the way it is not made harder by playing B teams. I think it's a stupid idea and Rafa should have said nothing on it, it won't happen and I'm amazed they do it in Spain
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Owzat wrote:Quite plainly no. It is of benefit to clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea but not to teams in the Championship who want promotion the way it is not made harder by playing B teams. I think it's a stupid idea and Rafa should have said nothing on it, it won't happen and I'm amazed they do it in Spain

I dont think the Championship clubs would find it any harder to get into the prem, as they would all our to play our/chelsea's B side some time during the season :soz im felling really retarded i better go o :censored: i wet my pants i really haveto go bye joey  :buttrock
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:56 pm

i find this debate funny.
Chelsea who 15 or so years ago nearly went bankrupt want to dictate english football. Roman is not going to be around for ever, he will get bored or killed by the russians. RB, i think he's a great manager but on this subject i'm not impressed.
He has managed in Spain SO WHAT. what they do is their business.
The so called super league, well who goes in it, and if richer teams comes along do you get kicked out?then where do you go
money does not make football
Passion,hard work, loyalty (not ashley cole)i want and love to play football for the fans the team and yourself is what english football is about.
Well what ever happens with our take over and this b team rubbish, i think since the premiership started football is in the decline and champions league.
its not about anything other than money
and it sucks
give me rush mobly dalglish highway and the rest over these over paid eggo head of the modern day any day of the week
football is going down hill and their isnt a dam thing i can do about it.
we might win this champions league next year we might have a whole bunch of reserve teams playing in the league.
well when i die, my memorys will be of times before all this :censored: and money ever came along
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:06 am

The idea would be better suited to conference football rather than the leagues. The main idea is to promote the reserve players and youngsters to get more football experience, or in chelseas case to find a way to pay for the huge wages there dishing out. As far as im concerned if a players good enough hes in the first team, fowler, owen, carragher, mcmanaman,gerrard,jones (rob), all these players came through because they were naturally talented and couldnt be ignored so therefore if there argument is to provide experience for these players then its a lame one, if there good enough they will soon gain that experience in the first team.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion