Should our reserves play in the championship - Rafa and moureen say ys

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:01 am

Wouldn't work and I don't want it to happen.

How can you justify throwing a team like Oxford or Hull out of the Football League just so a bunch of kids can get experience. Its taking somebodies livelyhood away just to give more money to spotty flash kids. If there good enough, there old enough for the first team.

This would just widen the gap between the big clubs and the smaller clubs. It won't happen and if it does, its a big step towards ruining our "beautiful game".
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:11 am

There will be a space opened up for Liverpool's second team in the Championship.

Leeds will be bankrupt soon.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:25 am

Perhaps LFC could just 'partner' with a league team - they get to use Melwood, and our reserve players, and our reserve team set up... and we get to call all the shots...

Tranmere FC anyone? :wwww
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:32 am

Yeah, we'll adopt Tranmere.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1165214211 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:52 am

I personally don't like the idea. As people have said, its just a business ploy.

If they were that arsed about the young players future developement then they would send players out on loan all the time and find clubs to send them to were they would get games.

At the end of the day, if a players good enough, he's good enough. People bang on about experience, it doesn't make you a good player, it improves your game slightly, thats about it.
83-1165214211

Postby Homebooby » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:27 am

BarryBelfast wrote:What about fairness and sportsmanship?

It would be total monetary domination and not atal fair.
I think its a sh.te idea and one that needs nipped in the bud....Jose Mourinhio seems to think success brings respect that deems him above criticism.
I hope every pundit in the country sh.its all over his idea,problem is they wont cause half of them are thick and seem to see him as some sort of football Messiah.

Its a totally w@nk idea...LFC is LFC is LFC.

Its wrong.

Its not fair on other less fortunate clubs...its arrogant in fact! No way...Not us!

Exactly. The notion that the youngsters need the competition is false. Maureen is more interested in the multi-million reserve team that he has sitting idle on the bench.

Time for sides to redress the balance, old fashioned values, decent sized squads and not 1 or 2 clubs sucking up the talent to just stop other teams from benefitting.

If it's competition you want, stop monopolising the league.
Homebooby

Postby Reg » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:40 am

The proposal is directly relevant to clubs who play the rotation system with players like Shevchenko sitting idle on the bench and SWP perceived as being not good enough and losing value.

The value of the squad declines through non use/less publicity and players dont want to take a chance moving to that club if they're not going to get a game.

Rafa and Maureen are the 2 biggest proponents of rotation so its no coindcedence they're promoting it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:04 pm

It can never happen. what happens to the teams our reserves replace? You cant make the big clubs bigger and the small clubs smaller. There has to be a sense of fairness to everything, and this would just be going too far.

Thats why we loan players out more isnt it?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:24 pm

Reg wrote:There has been a reserve league since Adam was a lad. Our reserves used to win it year after when we had the great teams of the 70's and 80's and our current lack of success reflects that of the first team. Joss the Toss knows this which is why he'd be happy to have a self financing reserve team. Not to mention it would contribute to the club breaking even just to please RA. If Joss says it, it must be football, if Kenyon says it, it must be business. The last great duet was Laurel and Hardy.

who me?  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:43 pm

dawson99 wrote:You cant make the big clubs bigger and the small clubs smaller.

[flash=1,1]http://www.merci.hk/image.swf[/flash]
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mannyk » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:04 pm

Not a good idea. all that will happen is that Chelsea will buy another 1st grade side and have then running in the lesser comp. Manu U etc will follow suit and basicly that will screw all other teams vying for promotion.

I love the promotion and relegation battles.

It aint broke so don't try and fix it.
Mannyk

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Its never going to happen and not a good idea at all.
I have a question, in Spain are the players registered to the club so they can play for either team, or are they registered for the actual side only ?

If they can play for either and a player is performing and is promoted to the first team, then obviously the other side would be far weaker, the clubs in the championship would not be happy about that.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:28 pm

I think it is disrespectful to the small clubs. The players at Rochdale etc aren't great but they are out there doing their best for their fans. I don't like the idea of them playing liverpool reserves were lots of the players are probably just trying for fitness etc and don't want to be in the reserves anyway.

Probably not a coincidence that none of the managers for it are British where passion is cherished more than skill.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:29 pm

Researves are great, players like Pennant, Fowler, and Dudek who doesn't get enough time can get some confidence or game time, otherwise they will just too rusty too play in the seniors.
oakton

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:30 pm

I  personally can't see how it would work. I mean would our reserves be there at the expense of another team if not it would mean there would be loads of teams in it. Also which teams would be aloud to have reserve teams in it?
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion