Should nemeth be in our squad? - Next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fauxy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:06 am

He had some cracking seasons in the reserve team and he is now 21 years old.

He has hopefully gained some experience playing with AEK Athens and although he has had some injury problems over there, he is a fan favorite.

There was some talk earlier this year of him possibly staying there on loan for another season or even moving there permanently.

I would personally take him over N'gog anyday because this lad knows how to finish.
Fauxy

Postby Teshie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:26 am

"Enter striker name here" > N'gog
Teshie

Postby anti-hero » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:03 am

of course. he's always been mentioned in the same breath as pacheco, whenever talk of the academy fringe players stepping up. i think he's done well enough based on his performances to at least merit a place in the team.

we've spent the last couple of years developing him now, it would seem like a waste if we let him sign on with another team because he cant buy a spot here. at the very least he can give eggnog a run for his money, and he can be a valuable asset should another injury plague torres.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:13 am

Definitely :nod
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:24 am

I'm not sure how many of us are actually qualified to answer that question unless you just want a Ngog slagging off session.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:19 am

I would definitely want him to feature next season to a certain extent... it's time for young players like Pacheco and Nemeth to step up... and it's time for Rafa to give them an opportunity...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:33 am

Definately give him a chance next season along with Pacheco.
leep33

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:20 am

If he is to show his potential now is the time.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:34 am

as reg implies, so few of us have actually seen him play that its hard to make an informed decision. having said that though, we currently have such a dearth of striking options that a 21 year old academy product who by all accounts knows where the goal is and would cost us zilch is definitely worth bringing into the first team squad now.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:58 am

I've never seen him play, but if we make the assumption that he isn't as good as N'Gog (otherwise surely we'd have kept him) then the answer has to be no. N'Gog is below the required standard by quite a way, so I don't hold out too much hope for Nemeth.

Unusually on here, I don't think Pacheco will make it as a top player either but that's another argument. Fortunately however, I think we have within our ranks the best out and out goalscorer in World football today, AND I think we have a very able deputy who could both play alongside him occasionally and on the occasions when Torres isn't available could fill in. He wasn't cheap either, although he is a bit chirpy on the tweets or whatever the feck it is.

Forget Nemeth and the new bloke who won't be any good. Ryan Babel, lets give the kid a shot, it's time.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:32 am

I actually do think he is a good player.
definately looks a better out and out goalscorer than Ngog.
But i think his time has been and gone, he was loaned out when we had such a lack of options, so that shows Rafa's opinion or faith in him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby parchpea » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 am

He did look promising albeit in the reserve team. Had good movement and takes up good positions, bit like Fowler in terms of style. When these lads dont get a run, much like Pacheo, you just think the manager clearly doesnt think they are good enough.Lets face it if they where they would be featuring and not being sent out to Athens. In a system where you play one up top opportunities are always limited for centre forwards and this is part of the problem not only for these boys but any striker coming to Liverpool. Both Pacheo and Nemeth would probably need strike partners in the Premiership given their build though they offer good movement.I think Benitez goes for Ngog on his physical attributes and running ability alone rather than what he can do with the ball.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Ngog could be a good player he is still pretty young and is inexperienced in the premier league, and has probably played more games than anyone would have liked for this stage of his development with us. We need to give him a chance and hopefully with less pressure on his shoulders next season he can show us what he can do.
leep33

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:20 pm

From what I've heard (cos I havent seen him play) I'd rather play0 him than N'Gog.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:51 pm

I think he's better than Ngog, so yes. But he seems to have disappeared, and anyway I'd sooner see Pacheco feature more often.
LFC2007

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion