Should nemeth be in our squad? - Next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Many talk about Rafa not having faith in him or pacheco so they cannot be good enough, going by Rafas blind faith in Ngog, Lucas & Kuyt, I don't really trust his judgement too much.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:15 pm

He is a talented player who knows where the goal is, but I doubt if the PL fits his style of play. Plus, he seems to be an injury prone.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:46 pm

I've never seen him play but I've read a bit about him and his time with Hungary. Sounds promising. I don't see why N'gog deserves a chance ahead of either of Nemeth of Pacheco to be honest. But if we're going to go into the season expecting any sort of challenge we're going to have to buy someone in IMO
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm going to show some faith in the managers judgement here, as far too many people like to question it at times. If Rafa thinks that this Nemeth character isn't even worth keeping around just in case N'Gog gets injured, then he simply isn't good enough. I trust Rafa on this one, end of.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:45 pm

I think if he was good enough he would be in the first team. How many kids down the years have we heard the same talk about? Guthrie, Spearing, Hobbs, the list goes on.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Boocity wrote:Many talk about Rafa not having faith in him or pacheco so they cannot be good enough, going by Rafas blind faith in Ngog, Lucas & Kuyt, I don't really trust his judgement too much.

I find these comments hilarious. Especially seeing as it's coming from someone who watches the team for 90 mins a week compared to the manager who watches the team for probably 6 hours a day and then some...

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:54 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm going to show some faith in the managers judgement here, as far too many people like to question it at times. If Rafa thinks that this Nemeth character isn't even worth keeping around just in case N'Gog gets injured, then he simply isn't good enough. I trust Rafa on this one, end of.

???

Dissapoints me to see a once valued member turning into such a lemon.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:48 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
bigmick wrote:I'm going to show some faith in the managers judgement here, as far too many people like to question it at times. If Rafa thinks that this Nemeth character isn't even worth keeping around just in case N'Gog gets injured, then he simply isn't good enough. I trust Rafa on this one, end of.

???

It's a shame you feel that way Woof. I don't really see how saying that if he isn't even good enough to be N'Gogs understudy then he isn't ever going to be good enough period is that controversial, but I'm obviously wrong.

If you really rate the lad then that's all good, but I've never seen him play as I've already said in the thread. I repeat though, if he isn't good enough to be even kept in the squad given our paucity of strikers, then he obviously isn't ever going to be good enough. Put it this way, if it turns out that he actually IS good enough then there should be a major stewards enquiry.

As for the "lemon" stuff, well I've been called worse on here I suppose. The same "valued member" who got banned for absolutely feck all, who was slurred while banned by a mod implying that there was some kind of abusive pm war raging when there was nothing of the sort going on, who has been called a manic depressive for daring to suggest we have a good team etc as well as all the other stuff on a daily basis.

As a football poster on here (which is what I am) you have two choices. Be abused, called a c... on a daily basis by numpties, stalked by nutters and take it on the chin, or respond in kind. I know it would make life so much easier if I simply rolled over and let the lunatics win, but sometimes it gets a bit boring so you respond for a bit. Perhaps if the abusers and non sensible point football posters were occasionally brought into line it wouldn't be necessary, but alas, it is.

I do still occasionally post up a football point, but it is lost very quickly in a sea of nonsense. What else is there to do if you can't beat them and nobody pulls them up but to join them.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Mick, there was a time when your posts whatever your standpoint were delivered with a great deal of humour, often self deprecating but always worthy of consideration, I for one always looked forward to your latest contribution.

In recent times however your posts ( in my opinion ) have lost their humour and are constantly laced with such acidity and sarcasm that if I didn't know better I'd attribute them to a newly registered WUM.

Don't know what happened to the Big Mick who's posts were sometimes contentious but always fun to read , from where I'm sitting the sourness thats so often expressed has me believing he's been replaced by a lemon.

What more can I tell yer ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:43 am

The problem is Micks post are too short these days. :laugh:

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:57 am

bavlondon wrote:The problem is Micks post are too short these days. :laugh:

:Oo:
Fauxy

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:33 am

bavlondon wrote:
Boocity wrote:Many talk about Rafa not having faith in him or pacheco so they cannot be good enough, going by Rafas blind faith in Ngog, Lucas & Kuyt, I don't really trust his judgement too much.

I find these comments hilarious. Especially seeing as it's coming from someone who watches the team for 90 mins a week compared to the manager who watches the team for probably 6 hours a day and then some...

Never mind Woofs valid points Bav, you hit the nail on the head here.

As I said, how TF do we as armchair fans know whether nemeth is good enough.

yes sir, ARMCHAIR FANS.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:46 am

Reg wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Never mind Woofs valid points Bav, you hit the nail on the head here.

As I said, how TF do we as armchair fans know whether nemeth is good enough.

yes sir, ARMCHAIR FANS.

And the whole fecking point of the forum is to give our   views and opinions on how WE see things, or maybe we should all just sit here waiting for Rafa to tell us what we should think.
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 am

S@int hits nail on head shocker. These forums are about opinions, the shame is many will just express the fashionable or accepted opinion with no grounds, or say what they think they should say. Don't dare suggest Rafa isn't doing a good job JUST YET, wait until that is the accepted standpoint and enough have long since drawn that conclusion. Let's blindly get behind the manager "because that's what we do". To hell with knowing about football, let's "know about" loyalty instead, stand by tradition and watch the club finish 6th-7th this season and maybe same again next year, if reports Rafa won't budge are to be believed. Of course it's all too easy to get dragged into the Rafa debate without even trying, he gets used in virtually everything because he is involved in virtually everything, every aspect of the running of the club and it's him who signs the kids, loans them out, decides whether to play them or not and sells them - not US (and probably not the US owners either)

Does it matter if we think Nemeth should be in the squad? Will it make any difference? Let's have a poll, same as we did for Pacheco. The kid would probably go the same way as N'Gog, but some on here just like knocking some of our players so "anyone" is better than Kuyt/N'Gog/Lucas etc - probably the same ones who say we shouldn't knock Rafa, tinpot trophies etc. Roundabout ways of having knocks at players do my head in, people talk about signing a "quality winger" JUST to get Kuyt out of the side.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:26 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

???

it's all very well slating him on his opinion,but at least he's given one on this topic -  whats yours? cause that is what winds me up on here at the moment, people get slagged off for their opinion, when they don't give one in the first place. put your views across on the player & then a disscusion can take place, cause it's about opinions isn't it.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion