Shankly

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:59 am

Rush Job wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Liverpool fans have turned like all fans of nowadays. They turn up for the big and important games, every European game the noise is unbareable, but Wigan at home you're lucky to hear you'll never walk alone.

We still have the ability to repsect the opposition, by applauding them if they do well i.e. Barnsley on Saturday. But we need to get back to the days of singing our hearts out every match. As a set of fans, right now it's just pockets of fans.

Yes mate but its not just the singing, we dont support the players like we used to and it seems most of them like playing away more than home where theres less presure on them. That aint right and its not a good atmos for youngsters and new signings, if you dont get off to a flyer it must feel like everyones agaist ya at times, course it doesnt help when the teams playing kac but we should be helping them out of a slump not contributing to it. Just how i feel mate thats all.

That is not the case at all. As opinion is divided all we have heard on this forum are gillett and hicks. Many supporters have always cared for the club, and supported, and although im not in panic stations as yet I am one of them. You hear more opinions based on the future of LFC then you do on who is performing.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:38 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Liverpool fans have turned like all fans of nowadays. They turn up for the big and important games, every European game the noise is unbareable, but Wigan at home you're lucky to hear you'll never walk alone.

We still have the ability to repsect the opposition, by applauding them if they do well i.e. Barnsley on Saturday. But we need to get back to the days of singing our hearts out every match. As a set of fans, right now it's just pockets of fans.

Yes mate but its not just the singing, we dont support the players like we used to and it seems most of them like playing away more than home where theres less presure on them. That aint right and its not a good atmos for youngsters and new signings, if you dont get off to a flyer it must feel like everyones agaist ya at times, course it doesnt help when the teams playing kac but we should be helping them out of a slump not contributing to it. Just how i feel mate thats all.

That is not the case at all. As opinion is divided all we have heard on this forum are gillett and hicks. Many supporters have always cared for the club, and supported, and although im not in panic stations as yet I am one of them. You hear more opinions based on the future of LFC then you do on who is performing.

Not speaking about the forum mate, more the presure to perform at anfield.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:02 am

Rush Job wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

The pressures always been there. The supporters who stay behind chanting "YANKS OUT" for me are offering the players a way out, a justification as to why they dont play for the shirt. There is no excuse for the players in my opinion. Im sat here chatting on this forum because im not good enough to play for this team. As are many who reply on here.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:19 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

The pressures always been there. The supporters who stay behind chanting "YANKS OUT" for me are offering the players a way out, a justification as to why they dont play for the shirt. There is no excuse for the players in my opinion. Im sat here chatting on this forum because im not good enough to play for this team. As are many who reply on here.

Look mate if Traore and Zenden and Aurellio can play for Liverpool Football Club then any sod can.  :D

I don't however see calling for the yanks to be removed is giving the players an excuse for not performing. The players should see and read about these things and it should enspire them more to play well. They must realise that sooner or later the blame from even the most heartened fans is going to fall on them, as it will on Benitez. So they should be ensuring that week after week they're giving the fans something to be proud of. That way the fans will blame the yanks more and more, and the players will be gods. Right now, it's because our fans are to loyal to turn onto the players why the owners are taking the grief, but if we keep this level of performance up then the players will feel the voice of Anfield.

So again I think the players should be seeing the grief the owners are getting as an inspiration to not under perform in their jobs. Benitez and the rest of the staff should be doing the same.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:53 am

Nanny, there wasn't the shankly song you wanted love, maybe in the next round against LYON.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:48 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwhsmoijv04

if someone could link it, then great, if not tough you'll have to copy it. But towards the end of the video, is the song we used to sing for the great man. Might bring a few memories back Nanny.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:07 am

Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:51 pm

Kharhaz wrote:GBJH Link

Good lad  :D
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Torres25 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Its comin up with a song thats worthy of the great man  thats the hard part
Torres25

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 pm

I jus sat and watched that in total silence. I was lucky enuf (old enuf??) to jus catch Shanks las season, and that short little message about "I've drummed it into those players time and again......", well my old man did the same to me. Only my old man put it differently. "Its a privelege to watch a side coached by Shankly " he used to say, and I can only guess that he was rite cuz truth be said i was too young to argue.

The man will NEVER be forgotten, so long as there's life in Liverpool FC his spirit will live on. Managers have come and gone since, but all will live and reign under the cloud bearin Bill Shankley.

Liverpool's had its fair share of memorable people from days gone by, but along with the beatles, this is one life that'll be remembered long into the future, and rightly so.

RIP
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:29 am

Do you know what im cryin here after watching some of them clips thank you so much.

Shankly he made me happy :buttrock
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:30 am

NANNY RED wrote:Do you know what im cryin here after watching some of them clips thank you so much.

Shankly he made me happy :buttrock

He made the people happy nanny
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:38 am

Do you know what though John when you look at the bench and the people on it im sure in my lifetime we will never again see the likes of  great men like them any where in the world at any football club, Shankly,Paisley,Fagin,Moran and Rueben Bennett , How envious the other teams backroom staff must have been
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:41 am

And Roy Evans later on Nanny. He did every job possible for Liverpool under boardroom level that is. From player right through to manager.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:21 pm

bill shankly interview:

http://www.stv.tv/info....terview

just quality  :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion