Setanta sports

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red187 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:55 am

Worst quote from last night was Craig Burley, he said we should be more like united and kill matches off.

What a f*cking joke haven't united won like the last 10 games by a goal to nil, for a football pundit surely actually knowing what is going on results wise would be a major part of your job.

As for Sherwood and McManamam did either of them watch the derby match, Torres was running on empty from about 60 there was no way he would have lasted to the end of the match. As ex pros surely they know that feeling.

So instead of having to take Torres of with 20min to go if we had started him, we were able to bring him on with 15 left and for him to score the winner.
red187

Postby garcia123 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:35 am

Sherwood showed us his punditry knowledge when he said

' Liverpool can't rely on just three players... United have Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and....errrr...loads others'

Brilliant Sherwood! That was worth my Setanta subscription alone.
garcia123

Postby imouthep » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Wouldn't you just love to see all of their faces as stevie raises the prem title over his head to a barrage of red fireworks. I wonder what the excuse will be then?
imouthep

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:02 pm

Its on they dont like it they are scared, circle the wagons.

I thought Sherwood was a Chelsea fan?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Ciggy wrote:I thought Sherwood was a Chelsea fan?

Hard to say who he supports outside of the scum! He actually described Kuyt's goal as "identical to the one against us....". Strange, didnt he pack up a while ago? Tw@  :angry:
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Its always typical of these pundits to lick mannures a.ss .... If we were to win 5 games 1-0 on the trot they would say we are not scoring that much goals etc and its not a sign of a team going for a title.. BUT when mannure do this they are applauded for thier efforts..  feck all of them..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:09 pm

My favourite Setanta moment of late is that constant FA Cup advert they're running.  The "This is England" one where 'arry Redknapp comes on in the end and says that the FA Cup is what England's all about.  Isn't this the same manager that put a weakened team out against the Mancs in the cup to rest players for the league?  Thought so. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:14 pm

The only thing I like about Setanta is the 'Im on Setanta Sports' sketch show. Some of them are quite funny.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Why do we have Setanta? because the powers that be wanted a competitor to SKY, said it was to give punters more choice and drive costs down with increased competition. What a load od cr@p.
When Sky had the lot you got the normal games plus you could buy a season ticket for the extra (about £100) i think and this came down over the season. You could even pay per game. Now you still have to pay our SKY subs about £36/monthy plus you have to pay Setanta subs about £14/month , I'm not Einstien but my maths is not that bad can someone please tell me how this is increasing competition and saving Joe Public money.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Very true
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Soon you will see ESPN in joint conjunction with Setana have premiership games. Sky are too mucha dominant force in the market. Ofcom have come to this decision and in the near future you will see Sky selling of their rights to not only sports content but on their other channels at wholesale prices to other vendors so its more evenly distributed.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:58 am

Boocity wrote:Why do we have Setanta? because the powers that be wanted a competitor to SKY, said it was to give punters more choice and drive costs down with increased competition. What a load od cr@p.
When Sky had the lot you got the normal games plus you could buy a season ticket for the extra (about £100) i think and this came down over the season. You could even pay per game. Now you still have to pay our SKY subs about £36/monthy plus you have to pay Setanta subs about £14/month , I'm not Einstien but my maths is not that bad can someone please tell me how this is increasing competition and saving Joe Public money.

"Competition" is another word for more people cashing in on a popular product. There isn't an hour go by that the media aren't going on about the "credit crunch" or "recession", yet everyone still seems to have money for things like Sultana, to put ringtones on their mobiles, we see ads for charities - pay only £3 a month to help Adams and his kin (donkeys) - people travel about in their cars needlessly - even in weather - our office was closed, deemed travel was too difficult, yet I bet most of the staff didn't find it too difficult to do their normal weekend activities IN THEIR CARS!

How do you save money? Stop squandering it! Stop playing with your pocket toy (mobile), take sarnies to work and don't go home for lunch (halve your travel costs), cut down your non-essential eating/drinking habits, don't have lots of kids, stop going to the cinema, stop buying games, DVDs and CDs. There's just a few hundreds of pounds worth of savings, in the words of the meerkat - seeemples, no?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:24 am

Setanta will probably die one the new tv deal comes into play.  They will only be showing 23 games a season from 2010 so will lose plenty subscribers.
puroresu

Postby loopyliverpool » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:39 pm

If Andy Gray and that other pleb Tyldesley can be avoided Im definitley up for it! Their respective noses are firmly planted in a certain orofice of a certain Knight of the realm. Sky is also owned by Murdoch and he is a meglamaniac overlord who belongs in Bond movie, the fact that he is real just beggars belief, competition is always good in a democracy. I reckon, maybe....no it is, that's what everybody else says anyway.
loopyliverpool

Postby big al » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:42 pm

You Guys need to calm down a little and think about why they talk rubbish.  Answer Because they are thick.
They jump on the media band wagon (which from my perspective is hatred driven by that rag) and predict how Rafa could'nt pick his nose, how bad they'll play and want us beat so they can gloat.  They are a little like many poster's on here not real fans just saddos who want recognition about how smart they are.  Setanta's saddo's need to show their counterparts on sky and the beeb had right they can be so they talk cr@p and turn their cr@p into an art form even when Rafa sticks it back up their backsides by winning. As for their psycophantic attitude to Sir B'alex its just the sad face of British football it aint what you know its who you know.  Sir B'alex is a powerful man, just ask any referee.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion