Set peices - Only way to win on sunday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:35 pm

Okay, so everyone is in a kerfuffle about sundays game, we got no players, everyones injured, blah blah blah.

what we need is some good set piece play, and this is where we need Alonso at his best.
Watching the gooners game last night i noticed that the Ar$e defend areas at set plays, not zones or men, just areas, and thats how they let ina  goal. We seriously need to take advantage of this. This will mean Alonso has to put in some great balls, and we need someone to get on the end of them.

Its all gonna be faught in the midfield and we need players like hypia and biscan in the box when we get free kicks. Risse will also have to be on top form at the edge of the area for any class volleys and pongolle should play just so that he can use his pace to the best of his advantage.

As far as i can tell, thats the best chance we have of getting anything in the game
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:38 pm

.....looks like we'd better swot up on the Sam Allardyce rules for how to win football matches.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:42 pm

it's a blow in a way that sol campbell is back for them. convenient how his first league game back is against us aka rio ferdinand. cygan was a liability for them.

at least we have nothing to lose in this game. nobody really expects us to win. it's ridiculuos that arsenal are supposedly going through a "blip". if they're having a blip then what are we having?  :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:43 pm

On a totally unrelated news, for a tall dude, hamann has to be the worst header of the ball i have ever seen.  :p

And on serious note, if we gonna beat arsenal, we might have to score from every corner we get.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:52 pm

I agree, our best chance of scoring seems to be from a set piece. From open play i would like to see a bit of magic from Gerrard or Kewell as if we are to take all three points we will need a minimum of two goals.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:40 pm

stmichael wrote:it's a blow in a way that sol campbell is back for them. convenient how his first league game back is against us aka rio ferdinand. cygan was a liability for them.

at least we have nothing to lose in this game. nobody really expects us to win. it's ridiculuos that arsenal are supposedly going through a "blip". if they're having a blip then what are we having?  :(

Even with Campbell they let in a goal from a set piece yesterday.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:48 pm

stmichael wrote:if they're having a blip then what are we having?  :(

A 'Nuclear Blip' !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion