Sergio aguero - Would like to play for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:04 pm

LFC #1 wrote:10 million may sound like it a lot (well it is a lot), but unfortunately that's the way of the football world these days. Top-drawer youngsters from South America cost a lot of money. Add to the fact that Europe's biggest and best clubs are after Aguero and that just adds to the fee. Kaka cost over £5m, Robinho was around £17m, Tevez was over £10m and Aimar cost Valencia £13.7m from River. Even a fella like Cavenaghi cost £6.5 million, when Spartak Moscow bought him from River, and he hasn't had as much hype as Aguero, that’s for sure. Arsenal had to pay £12m for Walcott, and Rooney cost £30m.

It's risky paying big fees for young players though. Kaka has been a huge success at Milan, and he looks like the bargain of the century at a little over £5m, he's world class. Cavenaghi has only scored 10 goals in around 40 games for Spartak. TBH I'm surprised he didn’t go to Spain or Italy. Then there is the biggest flop out of Argentina in many years IMO, Andres D'Alessandro. Another one who was hyped as the “next Maradona”. To be fair, he was excellent at River, and when Wolfsburg paid £7.5 million for him, I thought it was great business, especially as top European clubs were also chasing him. However, he did very little of note in Germany, and now he’s on loan at Pompey (of all places), a fall from grace that’s for sure. He could still revive his career though because he’s young. Who knows if Pompey stay up, and he stays on he may do really well for them and a top club like Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU or ourselves will buy him.

Lionel Messi is the one to me who looks to be the best of the “next Maradona” bunch. He’s only 19 and he’s already world class, and a key player in an excellent Barcelona team. However he just signed a new contract with Barca I believe, with a huge buyout clause so he won’t be leaving Barca anytime soon (if ever), and why would he?

So back to Aguero. He’s clearly very talented, especially for a 17yr old and he wants to come to Liverpool ahead of anyone else. If we aren’t taking a serious look at him then I would be absolutely stunned. The fee is the issue, do we shell out £10m plus and hope to Fowler that he does the business and turns out to be the player he’s hyped as.  However if he flops ala D’Alessandro, or even worse suffers a serious injury after some jailhouse defender like David Weir decides he’s sick of this young Argentinean kid making him look like a tw@t after he’s gone round nonchalantly to score his 5th goal of the day.

As someone else said in the thread, what happens if we decide the fee is too big and he goes to another big club in Europe and absolutely dominates? We’ll look foolish, when Liverpool was in fact his first preference.

If it were up to me I’d take the risk on Aguero (assuming we could afford the fee) and work really hard with him, so he can adapt to England. I think a young kid like him would do well under Rafa, who would probably be like a father figure to him for his first few seasons. Top drawer young kids like him are the sort of players that turn into the Ronaldinho’s, Riquelme’s, Ronaldo’s etc of this world.   A club has to take a risk on these players at some pint, so why can’t it be us for a change, rather than the usual suspects like Inter, Milan, Real Madrid and Barca.

Aguero wants to play at Liverpool, and with all the Spaniards in the squad he’d adapt quite well hopefully and turn into the world-class player we would want him to be. It’s a yes for me, do your best to get him here Rafa.

Agreed. He looks talented from the videos we have seen and he wants to play for Liverpool because he is a big fan of Liverpool.

I think Rafa is interested in buying him. He said a while ago that he is scouting South America and just brought in a potential star, Gabriel Paletta. Maybe Aguero is on his way to Liverpool, who knows?

The investment(hopefully we will get) will help Rafa alot! it will make it very easier for him to buy him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:13 pm

My personal view is that the signes are promising for this kids future and also that he has said about his passion for liverpool i.e watching that famous night. But i think we may well be silly to wait until the world cup as if he is one of the shining young stars we may simply be priced out of getting him.

I say move for him as soon as we are finacially able to, if anyone can bring the best out of him it will be Raffa and our training staff.:;):
Flashard

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:14 pm

I think we should get him and before peple talk about oaying £10Mil + foa younster its all about how much your willing topay for the future. We lost the Theo Walcott race, we never had a chance with Rooney and we have to be carful because Chelsea are going to pick up a hot youngster.

Hes indicated that he wished to move tous and thats great. Im sue Rafa knew abot this kid ages ago and has been quiet this whole time. It could be part of a biding plan so hat when he decides to leave we dont get ripped of on his price cos he wont play elsewhere.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:26 pm

Rafa is tring to build a young squad and this lad looks to be a great talent and worth a risk.

rafa has dealt with argies before and with palleta coming it would be easier for him to settle in.

we must strive for greatness and that means taking a risk sometimes and not playing it safe, but i have faith in rafa
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:58 pm

xd3vilx wrote:rooney who?... :D

he is the next ronaldinho...

i cant c how just from that clip u can say he is the next ronaldinho thats taking it a bit far.
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:07 pm

it says in one of the papers this morning that villareal had a 14.3 million bid turned down in  the january transfer window,i cannot see rafa or liverpool going higher than that for someone unproven in the premiership and still only a teenager
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:21 pm

Yeah same here, i dont think rafa would spend that on a teenager unless he had loads of other funds for established players as well! at the moment, buying a player for that figure would be our biggest summer signing, and i dont think rafa wud gamble on a teenager, houllier spent a fortune on el hadj diouf and salif diaou and they were both muck and he hasnt been forgiven for it! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:21 pm

usually bids in jan are a bit higher cos its the mid of the season - unless they wanna get rid.

I think 10 mil will do it; however, Rafa spending that much on a kid is a different matter...
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED ANT » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:22 pm

mighty mo wrote:it says in one of the papers this morning that villareal had a 14.3 million bid turned down in  the january transfer window,i cannot see rafa or liverpool going higher than that for someone unproven in the premiership and still only a teenager

more world class stars have come from the argentinian leagus then our own. i don't understand this " unproven at this level :censored:" it's not like he plies his trade in luxumburg or somother sub standard league.
RED ANT

Postby mike72 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:25 pm

Reminds me a bit of Romario...can't be bad :D
mike72

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:35 pm

It doesnt really seem Rafa's style to spend big money on players he's more astute with it usually, especially as there isnt large amounts of money running through the transfer kitty.

Its a big risk to spend most if not possibly all your money on the unknown and unproven, and not knowing whether he will be able to adapt to a varity of changes. (But I've just watched a film called GOAL and it can happen :D  only joking.)

Like someone else said wouldnt it be gutting if he went to another club and proved to be a world-class purchase. Knowing his preference was Liverpool fc I doubt most of us could bare it, on the other hand it could all go Pete Tong and turn out to be money down the drain.

But sometimes in life you have to take a gamble every-now and again and whether Rafa will do this ,only he know's.
66-1112520797

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:40 pm

The more I hear about it, the more I want him. He's being compared to Messi, who everyone compares to Maradona, so maybe it's worth splashing the cash.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:51 pm

rafa is probably interested but he has to be careful because of chelski, if they know were interested they will pay over the odds to stop us signing him. if rafa thinks hes worth the 10mil then i have no doubts he'll sign him,look at aimar he was class under rafa playing behind the striker in the 'hole'
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:42 pm

Also our midfield os packed as it is. The only way we could accomadat him is to

1) use him as a striker
2) use Garcia as a striker once one of our current strikers has left

There is no excuse should we try and fail to sign him as he has said he wishes to play for us.

All you people who talk of paying for unproven players wake up!!!

If we want to compete with the bigs teams like Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal then we have to take gambles on players like this.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:00 pm

yeah but if we did take a gamble with him and he turned out bad then we would  be losing alot of money that we dont hav at the moment
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion