Sergio aguero - Would like to play for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:57 pm

All depends on Rafa and the board really. If Rafa believes this kid can be as talanetd as a Rooney or a Messi then he will try and get him. However, there's still a risk involved, especially as he's a young kid from a far off country and that may not work here. I can't see Rafa buying him even if he rates him for a big amount of dough becuase we need a proven goal scorer or two and they will be the main priority not an unproven kid.

Look at Walcott at Arsenal, they paid a massive amount to secure him but haven't even played him yet and he's English and has played in the Championship. We need a striker who will be for the here and now and has done it in the past not a kid who may be the next best thing.

On a side issue, has anyone seen him play full games on TV? Obviously seen his goals and that but is he a second striker or a an out and out goal scorer? Anyone know for sure his best position cos i don't buy into all this "new messi" cr@p as he's clearly a different styler of player?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Red @ Heart » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:40 pm

It says that Benitez "COULD" sign Palettos Fellow Country man Aguero, Source :SSN, In my eyes there is no smoke with out fire, Benitez must be seriously looking into the Aguero case, he must be thinking about a move for Aguero and if he does i think it would be the best signing he captured since he managed to pursuay Gerrard to stay and Alonso.

Im all excited about this i hope he comes.

On a side note i think that liverpool should take a gamble on this player, Argentina are proud of this 17yr old and i think we should make atleast a move for him before the summer, before his price rockets, just to get the feel how Independiente are going to play this game.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:28 pm

25 m utd paid for rooney, stump the cash up for this lad. PLEASE.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:49 pm

he looks the type of player that in 5 years we would be saying " i can't believe we only payed 15 mill for him"
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby RED ANT » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:05 pm

i personally think this wouldn't be as much of a gamble as some are suggesting. if he is only 17 then he'll be able to adapt to our league better then if he was in his mid 20's as he has hardly had time to grow used to the league he plays in so switching now wouldn't be that hard.

besides if at 17 he is capable of some of the flashes of genius the video shows you just know hes the real deal.

get him rafa he could just be the player to take us to the next level. :buttrock
RED ANT

Postby tel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:17 am

I'd rather pay 10m for him than 25m for SWP.

I dont mind the argies. They've got a bit of mongrel about them well suited to english football
tel

Postby tubby » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:17 am

Written by Jim Boardman     
Friday, 31 March 2006 
Liverpool are the dream club of Argentinean teenager Sergio Aguero, according to quotes attributed to the teenager this week. Independiente are said to be looking for around £10million for the 17-year-old, a skilful attacking midfielder. He's drawn attention from Bayern Munich amongst others, but says the Reds are the team he really wants to play for: "If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League. I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there. I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."

It seems unlikely that Liverpool would pay the asking price for the player, although if a deal can be struck based on appearances then maybe Liverpool would show some real interest.

Meanwhile across the park there's still some misguided hope from Everton that they'll be able to ground share with Liverpool. The speculation earlier in the week that investment was imminent for Liverpool seemed to give Everton's chief executive Keith Wyness the impression that maybe his club will be allowed to join Liverpool's plans for a new ground. Liverpool have made it patently clear that they have absolutely no intention or wish to ground-share with their bitter rivals, but according to Wyness a change of owner at Anfield could see a change of heart.

Everton like to blame Liverpool for just about anything and now Wyness is hinting that Liverpool are causing Everton delays in making up their own minds about their future. Until Liverpool sort out their plans and finally tell Everton that they won't ground-share Everton need to keep their options open. Despite it being Liverpool's fault, it turns out Everton haven't even got any serious options yet. Wyness said: "Once we have some serious options, we're going to put them in front of the fans and hear what they have to say. That's important. We've already held two polls in the past and the over-whelming mandate in both was for a move away from Goodison. However, we promise there will be further consultation with supporters before we make any final decision."

No doubt there'll be a lot of polls before they do make a final decision. They are trying to get Liverpool to buy them a stadium, yet he says, "We'd have to do something special for Everton, and we have to make sure the site had the right type of feeling."

He then added a deadline, no doubt a deadline for Liverpool to let Everton know once again what their views are on a shared stadium: "I hope to make a decision by the end of the year, I absolutely do. There comes a time when we have got to start taking our destiny in our own hands and move on." The sad thing is that Everton's destiny is in their own hands, and time is ticking on. In fact the truth remains, but it won't be admitted, that Everton are in a catch 22 situation. They can't afford to move stadium, but without a new ground they can't get to a position of being able to afford a move. Wyness explains their options: "The first is the redevelopment of Goodison; we have a few options on the table, but I still think that would be very hard to finance. Rebuilding Goodison is not impossible, but with there being various losses during the renovation it's whether it can be financed or not."

It's then he admits to the fact that Everton are waiting anxiously to see if Liverpool will change their minds and let them in on the plans for the new Anfield. He says: "The second is the shared stadium; but that would take a change in ownership at Liverpool for that to happen and I think we'll have a decision on whether it's a 'yes' or 'no' once and for all in the very near future. We have had the chance to wait and see what has happened across the park. But I hate not having my own destiny in my own hands, so we might have to make a decision on that ourselves soon." Someone needs to tell him that Liverpool won't share with Everton. Most of the fans - of both clubs - don't want it, and the board and shareholders of Liverpool don't want it. Move on Keith, admit defeat. It would be the best option for Everton from a financial point of view, but it's not even an option that's on the table.

Wyness just doesn't like the options that are there, as he implies when he talks of the next option: "The third is our own new stadium on another site. We do have several options, and people do come to me with plans on a regular basis. But if we are going to go down this third route, we'll have to make some decisions on that pretty quickly, sometime during this year."
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:07 pm

I desperately hope now the board can get some cash soon and sign this kid. We need a world class south american to have a chance against Chelsea.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:33 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Not being funny, and I'm not doubting the lad's talent, but some of the defending that the guy was going up against in that compilation was absolutely comical.

Good point Ivor

The kid's clearly talented but some of the defending I've seen in the clips is shambolic...

Take, for example, this clip: Aguero against River Plate

(Which was posted here today)

What are these defenders doing?  :oops:

(Oh, and have a listen to the commentators...classic  :D )
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stoney » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:54 pm

Bad Bob wrote:(Oh, and have a listen to the commentators...classic  :D )

:laugh:  Yeah that Mark Bretos guy was seriously :censored: over him, he started calling him Aguera  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:03 pm

Not seen this lad play before but he's getting rave reviews by all walks of media and by a hell of a lot of people. If he's as good as these ppl say he is then I think we should make a move for him. Altho £10million is a bit too much for a 17 year old wonder kid isn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa said no, £10million seems like a joke in all honesty!.
48-1119859832

Postby RED ANT » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:23 pm

0asis wrote:Not seen this lad play before but he's getting rave reviews by all walks of media and by a hell of a lot of people. If he's as good as these ppl say he is then I think we should make a move for him. Altho £10million is a bit too much for a 17 year old wonder kid isn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa said no, £10million seems like a joke in all honesty!.

does seem alot of money but lets face it if he does turn out to be a world class striker we'll never be able to get him then. the lads got bundles of ability so lets give him the oppurtunity to showcase it at the greatest club in the world.

if we really want to rule eurpoe as we did before this is the sort of gamble i reckon we should take.
we've bought enough duff strikers in recent years with nowhere near the talent this young lad posesses
RED ANT

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:25 pm

I think the £10 Million quoted in today's papers is far to high.  Should be more like £4-5 Million, after all, he is only 17yrs  of age.

Rafa will have got all the information about this plpayer by now and is probably making a decision about whether or not to bring him to Liverpool FC. 

Although I haven't seen much of Sergio Aguero play and from what everybody else has been saying about him, I think he would be a good addition to the club.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:29 pm

Red Ant,

That is very true & he does seem to have good talent, especially for his age and I suppose £10million seems like a large gamble but if it pays off then £10million won't seem like too much. He seems like a good player with a good eye for goal and a good techincal presence for his age.

Usually I'm against paying £10million for someone so young but I'd say go for it.
48-1119859832

Postby kopite » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:01 pm

Looks top quality . I would pay 10 mil for him because if he went to anther team we'd wish he played for us and hes only 17 .
kopite

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion