Sergio aguero - Would like to play for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ICE-MAN » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:16 pm

This all sounds too good to be ture, the next maradona, wants to play for liverpool, contract expires next year!

Somebody please get onto Rafa quick and tell him about the situation cos we could be in with a good shout of getting the next lionel messi in my eyes! this would be a brilliant opportunity for us and wouldnt break the bank! But is he goes to the world cup and plays brilliantly I cant see us having a chance of getting him! A pre-tournament contract agreement anyone..... Someone text Rafa :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Garymac » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:52 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:forget it!!!!

Rafa will not spend that much on a player as it will take up his whole budget

What a crying shame that Houllier was given all that money to waste

:(

Why did rafa tell you this did he??

Im sure if the lads good enough and intrested then so would Rafa, as for Tevez wouldnt touch that :censored: with a barge poll, he turned up for a press conferance once with a Man united top on
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Houllier=LFC » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:40 pm

Just read Bayern is prepared to pay 15million for him, they were saying hes going to be the next argentine star after messi.
Houllier=LFC

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:09 pm

Well Rafa had better get his skates on if Bayern are interested in Aguero, we cant let players slip away like this.

And i know Rafa may not be interested in this guy, But some one must have told Liverpool about this guy too.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:17 pm

Red wrote:Well Rafa had better get his skates on if Bayern are interested in Aguero, we cant let players slip away like this.

And i know Rafa may not be interested in this guy, But some one must have told Liverpool about this guy too.

i think the skates will be on when the transfer window opens again
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:34 pm

I would love to see this type of player at the club and really hope we go for him at the end of the season.:D :D
Flashard

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:54 am

Not being funny, and I'm not doubting the lad's talent, but some of the defending that the guy was going up against in that compilation was absolutely comical.
ivor_the_injun

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:13 am

Independiente's Argentine teenage sensation Sergio Aguero says he would prefer to join his boyhood club and Champions League holders Liverpool rather than German champions Bayern Munich.

Last week Bayern confirmed their interest in the 17-year-old Aguero, who can operate as an attacking midfielder or a striker, but the Argentine talent is holding out for a move to English side Liverpool.

"If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League," Aguero is quoted as saying in the Munich TZ newspaper.

"I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.

"I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed that new signings will be made in the summer and a striker is expected with the club's shot-shy forwards firing blanks this season.

With German international captain Michael Ballack seemingly on his way to Chelsea, Bayern are also on the lookout for a new creative player and chairman Karl-Heinz Rummennigge said a bid was imminent.

"Aguero has great ability and we need to make a move before the Spanish and Italian clubs join the race, otherwise he will be expensive," Rummenigge told Bild daily.

"He certainly would not be a snip but for a young player of his quality you sometimes have to be prepared to take a risk."

Aguero, contracted at Independiente until 2007, has not been capped by the Argentine national side but is still expected to cost around 15 million euros (18 million dollars).
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:28 am

If its true that he such a massive player to become, then we should snatch him.

Rafa won't go above 8m quid IMO, unless the new investors gives him alot of cash!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:55 am

The fact that Bayern wants to replace Ballack with this kid shows how much confidence they have of him. Maybe we can throw in couple of players like Traore to bring down the price tag too :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby XSD » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:54 pm

If we ignore him and he does become what everyone thinks he will it's going to be heartbreaking watching him play for another of Europe's big clubs and not us.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:06 pm

Teenage sensation Sergio Aguero is inviting Liverpool to make a bid for him.

The 17-year-old Argentine ace has already been likened to Diego Maradona because of his dribbling and passing skills which has naturally sparked interest from all over Europe.

German champions Bayern Munich are making moves to sign him following discussions with Independente (Argentina).

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge wants to move fast because he knows the player's valuation will soar when other clubs start making offers.

Rummenigge said: "We must move before the Spanish and Italian clubs join the race, otherwise he will be more expensive.

"He certainly won't be a bargain but with a young player of such quality you have to be prepared to take a risk."

Aguero is flattered by the interest from Germany but he confesses that he'd rather play for his beloved Reds.

He said: "If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League.
"I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.

"I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."

edit:source koptalk
yea it would be heartbreaking, especially when he wants to come to us first of all
onizukaeikichi

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:31 pm

If we were to buy him the price would be a major issue. Rafa complained earlier in the season that when wanting to buy a 16 year old he gets quoted a price of 5MIL(I think he was referring to Walcott). So a fee of 10MIL is unlikely to be paid unless Rafa sees him coming straight into the first team squad. And the fee would have to be structured in such a way that if he didn’t succeed here we would not be losing loads of cash. For Example, talking hypothetically, 5 MIL upfront, 2.5 MIL if he makes 50 appearances for us, and another 2.5 MIL if he reaches 100 appearances.

We could do with some genuine dribbling ability ala Robben or Pires. Someone who is on the up rather than past there best (Kewell). Some fresh exciting player who will get us on the edge of our seats, I hope this guy is it but you nether know what will happen. Rafa may not even want him.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1143112803 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:40 pm

XSD wrote:If we ignore him and he does become what everyone thinks he will it's going to be heartbreaking watching him play for another of Europe's big clubs and not us.

i feel you man  :(

Am on the phone right now trying to get hold of rafa... but the line's engaged.. :idea could be he's ahead of us and negotiating a deal already-behind the scenes
112-1143112803

Postby Paul C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:54 pm

With Gonzo on the left and him in the side we'll deffo be exciting to watch next season :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion