Sergio aguero - Would like to play for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gato_busta » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:21 pm

I had posted about him a couple of months ago. He said he began watching the english league with Liverpool (was an Owen fan) and that it was his favorite English team in an interview to El Grafico (reliable sports magazine). He also said that if he left Argentina it would be to England.

He's class: fast, good dribble, eye for goal. In Argenitna people are pleading for him in the national team. He would be a great purchase for Liverpool. Also, he runs out of contract in a year so his price might not be as high as Independiente are claiming.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:23 pm

I had posted about him a couple of months ago. He said he began watching the english league with Liverpool (was an Owen fan) and that it was his favorite English team in an interview to El Grafico (reliable sports magazine). He also said that if he left Argentina it would be to England.

He's class: fast, good dribble, eye for goal. In Argenitna people are pleading for him in the national team. He would be a great purchase for Liverpool. Also, he runs out of contract in a year so his price might not be as high as Independiente are claiming.

I'm grateful when the mates thank me my view on Spanish players, but you're a good poster that can give us your views about the football you know better, the south American one.

Thank you for that. :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:25 pm

certainly worth a look.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:26 pm

Sabre wrote:

I'm grateful when the mates thank me my view on Spanish players, but you're a good poster that can give us your views about the football you know better, the south American one.

Have thee been any reports in Spain surrounding this player Sabre?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:29 pm

Not reports, I heard a knowledgeable footy mate mentioning him, but I haven't seen the player unfortunately. I watch twice the Liverpool games every week, go to Anoeta, and the girlfriend, work, and friends do not allow me watch more footie (I'd love to though). :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:54 pm

Sabre wrote:

thanks sabre!

Well about Aguero, I think people are really rushing into saying he is the next Maradona. He is no Maradona yet he is an AMAZING young striker. Right now he is the main strength in Independiende and people that want him on the national team are correct to do so. Its just amazing for a player of his age to be so influential in a team on a competitive league such as the argentinian.

And bigmick, what you see in the compilation what he regularly shows in every game. Don't know if he is worth the 20 million euro just yet but he would certainly be a great addition to the squad. Also, if he does go to the world cup we can only expect his price to go higher.

gato_busta

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:11 pm

Looks very very tasty indeed . If he's not worth £15 million now he soon will be .

While were on south american footy ,does anyone have a link for a Tevez compilation ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:32 pm

why tevez? i just feel crappy as Chelsea is rumored to be getting Maschero( dont know the spelling) and Tevez , most likely...  too bad for ManU, they just got robbed again
onizukaeikichi

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:23 pm

onizukaeikichi wrote:why tevez?

I've never seen him play and yet everything I've read about him suggests he will  be a MAJOR star on the world stage (he already is in south america) .

Birth date: Feb 5 1984
Birth Nation: Argentina
Height: 173cm
Weight: 74kg
Nationality: Argentina
Position: Forward/Attacking Midfielder

Full Name: Carlos Alberto Tevez

He won the South American U20 Championship, and has been the subject of a £7.5m bid by Bayern Munich. He was signed as an 8 year old by All Boys, moving to Boca 4 years later. As a youngster in 1999, playing for the Argentinian U15's against France, in a tournament at Wembley he scored with an overhead kick.

He made his First Division debut in Nov 2001, standing in for Juan Roman Riquelme as an attacking midfielder. He has an extremely aggressive style and is very agile. After playing Manchester United in a pre-season friendly before last season Ruud van Nistelrooy went into the Boca dressing room to ask for his shirt.

Another player to emerge from Boca Juniors, Carlos Tévez is an extremely fast player with an astonishing quality for his age. Excellent technique, he dribbles any rival in any place of the field. A team-worker and a good finisher, he suffers many fouls during the matches but never stops fighting and running for his team. He took Riquelme`s place in the Xeneises as the symbol of the team after Juan Roman left Boca to play in Barcelona. In November 2003, he decided not to play the U-20 World Cup as he preferred to play the Intercontinental Cup with Boca against Milan. The nicknamed `Apache` was named South American Footballer of the Year in 2003 after he led Boca to win the treble.

He's now moved on to Corinthians (Brasil) they paid about £11 million pounds for him . Word is his next move will be to Europe .

Has anybody seen this fella play ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:24 pm

i know who u mean. my mate has something on him i think. i'll try and get it pasted here. from what ive seen woof he looks dynamite mate
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Has anybody seen this fella play ?

A couple of times. The Confeds Cup and the odd 10 mins highlights of Corinthians games in Brazil. He was probably the best player in Brazil last season, he scored goals for fun and was the main reason why Corinthians won the league. He's quick, very skillful, great eye for goal and reasonably hard to bump off the ball, as he is very stocky with a low centre of gravity. Can see him going to Spain or Italy soon, doubt he'd move to England.

Seems the Argentinians are really producing some talent at the moment, what with Tevez, this Aguero lad looks good and of course Leo Messi who is amazingly talented.

South America (well Brazil and Argentina) still produces the best attacking footballers the world has to offer, with the odd exception of course (Zidane, Henry and Rooney spring to mind).
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:00 pm

He played against England in the friendly not that long ago.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:51 pm

He's a strong and aggresive player as the piece said, he sort of reminds me of Wayne Rooney, I have no doubt he'd make it in the prem  :)
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:53 pm

I heard last week that we are interested in him, the compilations I have seen do look impressive, he seems to have pace and genuine control over the ball while dribbling, but you cant read to much into compilation clips.

But its good to keep an eye on all markets and I’m sure Rafa does, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Rafa has had a look at him.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:55 pm

I used to watch a lot of Tevez when he played in Boca Juniors. Have not seen much of him at Corinthians but I understand he was one of the top scorers in en Brazileriao (the top socrer was Romario, probably the greatest striker of all times  :bowdown ). In Boca he was a joy to watch. He caused opposing defense all types of trouble. He wasn't the fastest player but he could break through any defence without much trouble and dribble his way though to the keeper. That ability he had reminded people of Maradona (another player that was said to be the next Maradona) and in some ways they were simmilar.

I think he could addapt easily in England, he is kinda short but buff and has a lot of power in his game. He is really recongnized in South America as one of the best young strikers. Corinthians payed a record 20 million dollars to sign him, transfer which has not been done before in South America to sign another South American player.

Still, I believe Aguero will become an even better player than Tevez is. He made his debut in the argentinian first division at age 15, the youngest player to make his debut in the history of their league. Reports say that Independiente turned down a 20 million euro offer from Villareal for him and asked for 30 million. The thing is, his contract expires in july 2007 (not so sure of the month but its around there) and he doesn't seem to want to sign a new one since he wants to play in another country. He wanted to stay in Independiente and win the league with them but i doubt that will happen any time soon.

Since he is not signing a contract and has said he would love a move to England (Liverpool as probably his main target), I think Rafa could get him at a good price. This also considering he wants to move to Liverpool, he can make the transfer happen.

gato_busta

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion