Sergio aguero - Would like to play for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby weringo » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:31 am

anti-hero wrote:Saw this clip from youtube.

He's pretty confident with the ball and he has the knack of making defenders look like training cones.

Though he looks good in this video I'm not so sure he can do the same things he usually does against defenders from the EPL.

I mean, they'll kill this kid.

Just my humble opinion.

See for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxb8l0vzsPE&search=sergio%20aguero

Was it just me or did the commentator call him a "bonerfied superman"!
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:42 am

anti-hero wrote:I'm not so sure he can do the same things he usually does against defenders from the EPL.

I mean, they'll kill this kid.

I agree, but they'll have to get near him first!!!!!  :D

He looks a fantastic player from the clips I've seen. If he plays like that on a regular basis, he'll soon be one of, if not THE best in the World.

If we sign him and he can handle the Premiership, we will be laughing.  :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:03 am

I hope so Lando.

I :censored: hope so.   :D

P.S That American commentator sounded so fake..

AND YES he did call him a "boner-fide superman." :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:07 am

its bona fide
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:23 am

WHy the feck did he talk half English/half Spanish!?!

Silly a*se!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:06 pm

I've been watching Golazo Football Show for a while for the sole purpose of seeing him play, it doesn't show you much I admit, but from what I've seen along with various video clip's all I can say is, get him, and get him quick.

I'd pull the stop's to get this kid, honestly. If I had lottery winning's I'd personally give my money to Liverpool to sign him...
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:53 pm

I think Sergio Aguero  looks a frightening talent , but would Rafa view him as a player  already equipped with the  talent to  thrust straight into premiership action .
I personally don’t think so ,and why haven’t  we heard of Barcelona’s  or Real Madrid’s interest it is these clubs who  usually snap up all the promising South American prodigies ,maybe Aguero is a touch to raw for their taste .
Beritez is a great judge of  character and eventually will construct a team willing to run through  brick walls for the red shirt .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:10 pm

I did hear Barcelona are interested in him, but I've yet to read or hear anything concrete on that matter. In my opinion players of his quality don't really need time to adjust, you throw them in to the deep end and it won't bother them, the skill always shows through. Look at Ronaldinho ( in no way am I compairing them BTW ), do you think he'd need time to settle in the EPL? I don't think so. He good be for us what Ronaldinho is for Barca, a reference point in attack.

I really hope Rafa doesn't let this one go, I really do.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:39 pm

I hate this rubbish like "if hes so good why havent Barcalona or blah blah blah got him" Yes Barcalona are also the team who let Fabragas go, look at the kid and judge him for yourself, how can you take your opinion seriously when you make your opinion on who is after a player, Watch the lad for fu*k sake and tell us if you like what you see.

So basically Red googles you dont htink we should go for him because Barcalona havent even though you think he is an extrodinary talent.......Thats one strange summary if you ask me.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:51 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I did hear Barcelona are interested in him

yeah they could do with another attacker. they're a bit short in that department.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:01 am

onizukaeikichi wrote:might as well try to buy him unless chelsea and the rest comes to spoil the market

Hit the nail right on the head there Mate.

Could be a long term solution. Lets hope we get him at a decent price.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_ The _Prowler » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:33 am

He scored two goals for Independiente on Thursday, he's a very good player.
Last edited by Fowler_ The _Prowler on Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_ The _Prowler

Postby banana » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:08 pm

gato_busta wrote:
anti-hero wrote:Sign him but only for less than 5 million.

Sort of like a test for him see?

To see if his heart is in Liverpool or his loyalties lie with the cash.

Now do I make a good point?

This wont happen for 2 reasons:

1) He has played all of his life (footballing that is) in Independiente. He wanted to be Argentinian champion with them and owes a lot to the club. He won't leave Independiente unless The club gets good compensation.

2) The second reason is chances like this don't come everyday for many clubs. Independiente right now have one of the most wanted players around. Usually European clubs take players when they are younger and cost relatively nothing (in Peru's case, happened with Jeferson Farfan of PSV and Paolo Guerrero of Bayern Munich). Independiente are not of the "big" teams in Argentina, so this is a one in a million chance. Besides, in South America 10 million pounds can sustain a team for several years.

At the end its not a matter of where he wants to go. Although if Liverpool give a good offer, he can peruade them into selling him but not for less than 5 million.

I don't know where you come from man, and although you talk some sense you should not disrespect Independiente by saying they are not one of the big teams in Argentina.

They are the most successful team ftom Argentina in international competitions (like Liverpool in england) and they have a big stadium full of 45000 fans. (they are actually going to build a brand new stadium with increased capacity). I have had the opportunity to go there and watch them live and I have a lot of respect for the team.

Aguero looks like a good player. But his size and his kind of football may not be a good fit in the premiership. His wee legs may not last long in this league. I also think he is behind comparable players like Aimar, Saviola, Messi and Tevez. But he is a great talent and may develop into a player of lfc quality.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:48 pm

stmichael wrote:Not convinced at all myself, but a certain David Hodgson on YNWA claims that the player is in Liverpool - that he's been sussing the place out and has a choice between us and three others.

Is he in any way credible? ???

Any more on this mate ?

Anyway if we sign him it would be great but the money has to be right. Maybe a deal coul dbe worked out like that of Theo Walcott where there is a fee plus more later based on performances.

This kid wants to play for us but so did Walcott and Ferdinand (Yes Reo while GH was in charge), and Joaquin but that means nothing.

Rafa is good at Juggling players and like said before juggling is the key to getting him. We cant afford to be ripped of for a RW or ST to be honest. 15 Mill is a lot and the only way I could see us getting him is if we did a swap for Cisse/Owen  plus some cash or for Defoe. If we got him we couldnt afford to get someone like Joaquin or Simao aswell. To be honest
Pennant would suit me fine. Im confident under RB Pennant could get back to his best.

I think if we are going to sign him it will be on our terms and we wont get ripped of  - so i think if we do get im it wil be before the WC. If he has a good WC his price could double and if thats the case Rafa wont even look at him. Im sure his agents willl try to get him to not sign for anyone until after the WC but if Liverpools in his heart he will sign.

Just for once I want to see us sign a hot shot player and not some other team.

:devil:  :devil:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:36 pm

I agree with pennant bav, was watching him last week against wigan and i was very impressed, I think he could do a great job for us, with rafa gerrard and carra all keeping an eye on his behaviour off the field! the lads got skills!!!  :cool:
ICE-MAN

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion