Seems like manure did it again! - Louis saha

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:21 pm

Owzat wrote:Most of the French World Class players made their names at big clubs OUTSIDE of France (Zidane, Henry, Desailly, Deschamps, Blanc, Thuram, Lizarazu, Makelele, Anelka........) If they had stayed in France they may well not have become the class they have

They can`t become excellent players outside of France without some basic scills ! And where do they get that - certainly not outside of France, Netherlands, Italy or Spain ! Seems to me that Prem league have a better standard today than a few years back!
English 1.div today is Prem league some 20 yrs ago : Kick and run !! While PL is in the european top 5!
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:25 pm

Most of the French World Class players made their names at big clubs OUTSIDE of France (Zidane, Henry, Desailly, Deschamps, Blanc, Thuram, Lizarazu, Makelele, Anelka........) If they had stayed in France they may well not have become the class they have

Exactly, foreign leagues need to but them in order for them to really show their full potential. Look, Im not saying Cisse is one of them......but what if he could be.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:03 pm

Saha has always been a good player, but was never tested at a higher level, Man Utd took the risk and maybe in time it will pay off.

Cisse is 22 and I think he will do well for us, he is a bit raw but given time he may develop into a top class striker.
P.S. Cisse is quicker than Henry.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:27 pm

Has wrote:Saha has always been a good player, but was never tested at a higher level, Man Utd took the risk and maybe in time it will pay off.

So he didn't play for Newcastle a few years ago ?! !??!? !?

???  :O  :p
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:58 am

Owzat wrote:
Has wrote:Saha has always been a good player, but was never tested at a higher level, Man Utd took the risk and maybe in time it will pay off.

How many games do you think he played?

Players from abroad should be given some time to adjust.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:27 pm

Has wrote:
Owzat wrote:

RVN started at once didn`t he ? How many did he score the first season ? It`s all a matter of intuition and putting  together the right team ! You need to know what you need in order to create a winning team ! :cool:  :D
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:19 pm

Thor Viking wrote:
Has wrote:
Owzat wrote:

RVN started at once didn`t he ? How many did he score the first season ? It`s all a matter of intuition and putting  together the right team ! You need to know what you need in order to create a winning team ! :cool:  :D

What are you on about, your talking rubbish.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:38 pm

Has wrote:
Thor Viking wrote:
Has wrote:
Owzat wrote:

What are you on about, your talking rubbish.

Because....? ???  :D
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion