Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:08 am

lets face it, he's from Leeds - nuff said
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:42 am

red37 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:liverpool are interested in some french GK from lens to be the #2

Charles Itandje

Has anyone seen this fella play or know if he is any cop ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolpies » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:51 am

Not seen him, but he looks like he'd do a pretty good rendition of Nessun Dorma...
liverpoolpies

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:58 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
red37 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:liverpool are interested in some french GK from lens to be the #2

Charles Itandje

Has anyone seen this fella play or know if he is any cop ?

No idea.

Couple of bits about the fella:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Itandje

French Focus: Charles Itandje (Lens)

An overzealous teammate’s father almost ended Charles-Hubert Itandje’s football career before it had even began. During a match for local club Lilas in Paris’ northern suburbs, a teenage Itandje was singled out for some particularly vitriolic criticism. It never got physical, but the young ‘keeper was sufficiently shocked by the outburst that he gave the game up and followed a friend into the world of kick-boxing.

His self-imposed exile was short lived. A trial with Parisian club Red Star soon saw Itandje’s 1m93cm frame return between the posts and it has hardly strayed since. It was with Red Star’s youth team that Itandje’s star began its interminable rise. His single season with the capital’s second side was enough to alert Europe’s top talent scouts and the 17-year-old was soon entertaining offers from France’s top clubs and abroad. In the end it was Lens who beat off concerted bids from Liverpool and Fulham for the young man’s signature, and he was soon learning his trade by working alongside the club’s incumbent No 1 Guillaume Warmuz.

After a season oscillating between the first-team bench and the reserves, the 2002-03 campaign promised more of the same until a series of high-profile blunders by Warmuz delivered Itandje the Christmas present he had been dreaming of. Warmuz quit the club in January and Coach Jöel Muller preferred to give the 20-year-old stand-in his full backing rather than buy a more experienced custodian.

By the season’s end, Warmuz was little more than a running joke and Itandje was the new hero at the Stade Félix-Bollaert. A call up to the Espoirs followed as Itandje’s performances for Lens installed him as one of France’s most promising young ‘keepers. After playing all but three games for Les Sang et Or last season, Itandje suffered a form slump towards the end of 2004, as Lens flirted with the relegation zone.

However, following the arrival of new Coach Francis Gillot, Itandje – like his teammates – is finally rediscovering his best form. His giant frame, plus feline reflexes, make him a formidable shot-stopper and during this season’s darker moments he re-emerged as one of the side’s leading lights.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:58 am

Im not happy about this to be honest, just sell the lad for the highest amount. It doesnt matter how long he spends out on loan he's never going to displace Reina.

Another loan is a joke, especially to Villa.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rupi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Itandje is NOT a good gamble! He isn't even more the first keeper of RC Lens :no .

Please Rafa, if you want to loan Carson, find us somebody else to replace him! Mihaylov isn't a good 2nd keeper neither... He absolutely can't do the job in a top premiership club!

"In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." Bill Shankly
Rupi

Postby KRobbo10 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:27 pm

Maybe Benitez his keeping him as a Liverpool player but loaning him out incase he is needed, because while he is getting loaned out he is off our wage bill, and it could be in his loan contract that we would be allowed to have him back if Reina was to get injured, therefore still having cover.
KRobbo10

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Looks like Itandje rumours are much more than that. He was at Anfield yesterday, one of the posters on RAOTL happened to be there and took this photo.

Here is what the said individual posted:

"the thumb on the left belongs to a foreign (mediterannean) bloke who just got a big leather bag out of a big silver car

the bloke in the middle was not english speaking - seemed a bit awestruck by everything

bloke on the right was english speaking prob agent.

i asked for a picture and he refused and said wait until later

the player just stood there whilst the mediterannean geezer tried to butt in

i took it anyway

a club official with a groundstaff badge said they had been going in and out of door all morning and the ticket office girls were excited about a 'new signing'"
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpoolaremagic » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:58 pm

£12M for Carson, I heard on TalkSport this evening. Get shot of him I say, if we get that for him!
Liverpoolaremagic

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:25 pm

Liverpoolaremagic wrote:£12M for Carson, I heard on TalkSport this evening. Get shot of him I say, if we get that for him!

I'd piggy back the lad to Manchester for £12m.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby KRobbo10 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:24 pm

Liverpoolaremagic wrote:£12M for Carson, I heard on TalkSport this evening. Get shot of him I say, if we get that for him!

We paid 750k for him so that is a good profit, but i would like him to stay as our number 2
KRobbo10

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:49 pm

Rafa seems keen to hang on to Carson:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/221996207?-11194

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ray Pugh » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:51 pm

stmichael wrote:Im not happy about this to be honest, just sell the lad for the highest amount. It doesnt matter how long he spends out on loan he's never going to displace Reina.

I think this is the best point made, although Carson has some faults he still young and is predicted to have a bright future, hence keeping hold of him a good idea. However as Reina is still young as well it doesn't matter how many times he goes out on loan when he comes back Reina will still be there, so unless he is prepared to fight it out or just be his no.2 he hasn't got much of a future at Liverpool
Last edited by Ray Pugh on Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Pugh

Postby the_red_alonso » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:55 pm

When Carson made his debut for Liverpool (against Juve 2005 I guess or Newcastle may be)everyone seemed to be impressed by him....my view still remains the same....he's better than he looks

And deffo he should be the No.2 instead of goin to Villa..he is brave & has good command of area i think.
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:03 pm

stmichael wrote:Im not happy about this to be honest, just sell the lad for the highest amount. It doesnt matter how long he spends out on loan he's never going to displace Reina.

I agree. I can see him being sold soon. The problem is he isn't good enough to be Liverpool's first and he is too good to sit on the bench. Makes sense to cash in on him. The good thing is Villa most probably won't be getting relegated this season so if he has a good one for them it's likely they'll make an offer.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion