Saviola 4 baros? - What you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gerrard_steven » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:00 am

it seems baros would love to move to barca so y dont we sell him n get sviola in return me personally i think baros will not do anything in the premiership ok he had a great tournament with the czechs but sinces hes got back hes scored no goals in pre season made a few decent runs bad first touch so y not just let him go and demand saviola in return plus the fact barca would let him go becasue of his high wage demands it just seems the perfect opportunity for me and would show liverpool can go out and sign the big names  :)
gerrard_steven

Postby simic_ie » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:03 am

I'd take that kinda deal, Baros had a good tournament but he is very similar to what we already have... if he really wants to go to Barca then I think Saviola would more than compensate for his loss
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:05 am

saviola would be a class act but he plays just off a main striker. with cisse and baros in the side i don't see where he would fit in. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:07 am

But St Mike Baros has said he'd love to go to Barca.. if he went there Saviola would be a n ideal replacement.. thats what the thead was gettin at... not get him and keep Baros
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:08 am

Aug 6 2004

By Ian Doyle Daily Post Staff

MILAN BAROS has stunned Liverpool barely a week before the start of the Premiership season by admitting he wants to join Barcelona.

The Czech Republic striker (left) became one of Europe's most coveted names following his performances in Euro 2004, where he claimed the Golden Boot as the tournament's top scorer.

Baros was ready to depart Anfield during the summer after being overlooked by former manager Gerard Houllier towards the end of last season.

However, the arrival of Rafael Benitez solicited a change of heart from the 22-year-old, who signed from Banik Ostrava for £3.6million in December 2001.

But Baros yesterday cast a huge question mark over his Anfield future by admitted he has his heart set on a move to Barcelona.

Having already signed Henrik Larsson from Celtic, the Catalans are in the market for another forward after allowing Patrick Kluivert to join Newcastle United.

Their current target is Cameroon international Samuel Eto'o, but any proposed deal is likely to be complicated by the fact the Real Mallorca striker is part-owned by Barcelona's bitter rivals Real Madrid.

The Nou Camp side have already been linked with a move for Baros in the past month. And should they make official their interest in the player, Liverpool would accept a fee of £10m.

Baros explained: "I always wanted to play English League and I had one club, Barcelona. My first dream is done.

"I am happy I can play for Liverpool. It's a big club with great fans. I like everything here. But you can't be with Liverpool for 10 or 12 years. That doesn't happen in football, you change a club and you will leave. Everyone changes a club in his career.

"I wanted to leave in the summer if the manager did not change. I wanted to go, but after Euro 2004 I came back and there's a new situation now.

"The manager Rafa Benitez just asked me about the future, not about the past. He just asked me what would happen if Barcelona came in. We just spoke like that.

"I don't know what is happening now. I said (to Benitez) if somebody else came in I wanted to stay, but if it was Barcelona, it would be nice to go there."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:09 am

sorry i meant cisse and owen. you couldn't play saviola aswell. :Oo:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:12 am

Not a ba problem to have ino... who should we play Cisse Owen Saviola or Pongolle.... hmmm ???

simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:26 am

If we had to lose Baros then Saviola's a different type of player and may give us another option with a bit of variation up front.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:09 pm

yes and hopefully RB can see this and bring the little maestro 2 anfield in a swap deal would be excellent just worrie bout his wag demands tho
gerrard_steven

Postby taff » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:17 pm

Im a fan of the subtle player behind the strikers gives us a lot more options with SG's passing and long balls and the more subtle style of Saviola closer up front.

Wouldnt mind seeing a class right side midfielder mind you
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion