Samuel eto'o - I don't normally do this but...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:35 pm

He does well I think, they are only very minor problems, it's not like saying 'I went to the beach to buy a bread of loaf'. That would be seriously lost in translation! :laugh:

I can't imagine what some of us lot come out with in Spain!!

'Hello, my name is Liverpool and I come from Steve'

You know, same old.....

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Barca Murph » Thu May 10, 2007 6:52 pm

Sabre wrote:Could you say Barsa Murph something about Eto'o? I've seen more than my mates, but you, much more than me.

Selfish in the pitch? worker? finnisher? your view?

I guess you could call Eto'o selfish, but in a good way. He wants to be in the team and he wants to be scoring goals to help us win. Now you might say a player has no right to demand a place in the team, but when you have a strike rate as good as him, why would you want to leave him out.

He's scored 10 in 14 games this season, and lets not forget that includes games he's played since coming back from months out the game. In fact in one of those games he only played 5mins. It is the best strike rate of a striker in Europe.

But Eto'o is more than just goals. If the ball won't come to him he'll go and find the ball. Dropping deeper and trying to create more for the team. He also sometimes goes out wide on the wing and lets Ronaldinho operate down the middle. He is also blessed with great pace. He is loved by the fans, but (unfortunately) he probably doesn't like seeing Ronnie get all the glory.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Thu May 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Pretty much what I think of him, by falling to the wings, I meant goes out wide actually. :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Thu May 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Effes wrote:It seems mad to think that Barca would ever let go of Eto'o.

Re. swapping Xabi/cash for Eto'o - do they need Xabi? They already have Xavi
and he's only 27. Would like to see what Sabre or Barca Murph have to say about this.

The more I think about it the less I think it will happen.

It would be insane to even think of letting him go, never mind actually going through with it. I'd be absolutely gutted if he left. There has been plenty of talk of Henry for the past couple of seasons, but quite frankly i'd take Eto'o over him anyday.

Deco, Iniesta and Xavi are seen as the creative force behind REM. Xavi has played the deeper role a few times, but only against teams that have been considered not very attack minded. The only real defensive midfielders we have are Edmilson and Motta (although Marquez can play there too). Edmilson isn't a consistent performer, and Motta, well he's either injured or :censored:. A DM would definitely be my priority this summer, although not at the expense of Eto'o.
Barca Murph

Postby 23Carragher » Thu May 10, 2007 7:07 pm

he was in 442 mag saying he wudn't sign, tho i wud love to see him in a red shirt
Last edited by 23Carragher on Thu May 10, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23Carragher

Postby Scottbot » Thu May 10, 2007 7:30 pm

I reckon it's stupid to be talking about any player being sold for more than 30mill (or there-abouts) in today's transfer market. Even Chelsea who are operating at a different level to the rest have pretty much set 30mill as the ceiling now i'm sure. Particulalry since they have been burned in the Shevchenko deal, what's his sell-on value now? 15 mill i reckon? I don't think Roman will be signing anymore blank cheques this summer and that is great news for the transfer market. Got no idea where the press get these figures from. 45million for David Villa!!?? Not a chance, just coz that's his buyout clause. I think if the player wanted to leave you can bet it will be for somewhere between 22-30mill and i imagine it would be the same for E'to. Maybe Ronaldinho or Ronaldo (Christiano) might command a slightly higher fee but not by much.
Last edited by Scottbot on Thu May 10, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Thu May 10, 2007 7:46 pm

Scott, David Villa's buy out clause it around 100million.

Eto'o is IMO the best striker in Europe, i wouldn't even talk to a club about selling him for less than £35mill.
Barca Murph

Postby Scottbot » Thu May 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Barca Murph wrote:Eto'o is IMO the best striker in Europe, i wouldn't even talk to a club about selling him for less than £35mill.

Not sure there are many (if any) clubs out there who would pay more than 35 million for the lad no matter how good he is. Footy transfers would just getting to a more realistic level untill Roman entered the fray and tipped up the apple cart but now i imagine they will stabilise a bit now he seems to be tightening his purse strings a touch.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu May 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Villa did an interview in a magazine and said himself his buyout clause is 45 million and cant believe the price is so high
destro

Postby stmichael » Thu May 10, 2007 7:52 pm

Personally I'd have a serious look at Klose this summer. He'll only have a year left on his contract and therefore wouldn't cost the earth.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Barca Murph » Thu May 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Stmichael, i might be wrong but i think Klose is on a free in the summer. There has been talk of him going to Barca on fan sites.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Thu May 10, 2007 10:02 pm

Not good enough for Barcelona or Liverpool that player Barsa murph.

I'd rather sell Ronaldinho than Eto'o if I was in your position. I think Eto'o is the striker who makes a club succesful, the kind of striker that it's not like Kluivert, Dugarry (awful) or Kodro (not good enough for that club).

The times in which Barcelona was glorious, they always had a great striker, Lineker, Romario, Eto'o.

Ronaldinho? pah.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 10, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 10, 2007 10:12 pm

Barca Murph wrote:Stmichael, i might be wrong but i think Klose is on a free in the summer. There has been talk of him going to Barca on fan sites.

Yeah we had this on here before

He is available on a free and Rafa would do a lot worse than trying to get him. I think he would suit Rafas way of playing too and would work hard for the team.

Anyone got his scoring record ??
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri May 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Barca Murph wrote:Stmichael, i might be wrong but i think Klose is on a free in the summer. There has been talk of him going to Barca on fan sites.

Yeah we had this on here before

He is available on a free and Rafa would do a lot worse than trying to get him. I think he would suit Rafas way of playing too and would work hard for the team.

Anyone got his scoring record ??

2006/2007 season

Klose scored  26 goals in 54 games

Broken down over the following.....

Champions league  6 games 0 goals
U.E.F.A Cup           7 games 2 goals
Bundesliga            29 games 13 goals

International         12 games 11 goals ( 7 from 5 World cup and 6 from 5 in Friendly )

http://soccernet.espn.go.com
destro

Postby kobashi » Sat May 12, 2007 7:39 pm

Klose is not on a free this summer.  like stmichael said his contract is up next year!
kobashi

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion